2018 Virgin Australia Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Cap'n Jack
  • 2,549 comments
Just a random... I watched Chelsea Angelo race yesterday. She battled pretty good at the start. Driver behind made a pass and later made a mistake.
She then held 3rd for the remainder of the race. Kept pace on a good set of tyres.

That was a double 3rd place for the two races. Really hope she gets another shot at VASC. If not, following Matt Campbell's career path, would be pretty cool for her.

That was a double 3rd place for the two races. Really hope she gets another shot at VASC. If not, following Matt Campbell's career path, would be pretty cool for her.

Yeah, can't understand why she hasn't been able to get the proper funding to contest a whole season of S2. Epsecially in this current climate of wanting more female involvement in the sport. She's a great talent.

Hopefully the Porsche thing will open some doors for her here and/or overseas.

Last edited:
BJR showing off the reflective logos on Slade's car.

38046082_1997214080329926_29634106111295488_n-800x600.jpg

Genuinely looking forward to the racing this weekend. Should be a great spectacle under the lights.

Edit: Penrite branding back for De Pasquale.

AP5_Master2.jpg

Should be quite a spectacle. Does anyone know if it's one of the races shown on free to air?

Edit; rats, googled it instead of being lazy. Fox only.

Would’ve been the ideal race for Channel 10. They should’ve dropped Townsville from their schedule and replaced with the prime time night race.

We’ll see how this weekend goes but I’m hoping we see more in the future. I think three night rounds a year would be great. Have the first be a sprint round towards the start of the year so it’s warmer weather, at possibly Barbagallo. Have the Saturday feature a couple of a sprint races and then the Sunday be the normal 200km race. Then have SMP be the same time of year, as it is this year, and then have the second last round of the year be a night round. Maybe even push Hidden Valley to the second last round. Barbagallo at night would almost be like a NASCAR short track race under lights in terms of action and craziness, and you could imagine the spectacle of championship implications under lights as the second last round.

Gotta say I'm looking forward to this race. I've got tomorrow mapped out pretty well I think. A few friends are coming over around 3pm>Qualifying>Crows/Power Showdown>Race. Only have to miss the first quarter of footy but I can live with that.

I do wonder why they've been running all these lighting tests with the road cars lights on. There's a very clear difference in lighting between the safety car and a Supercar, and as the lighting can't be altered on the Supercar, maybe running with just the parkers on the safety car would have been better???

Supercar in very dark conditions throwing virtually no light at all (from the earlier test)
36625341135_61b53caf36_k1.jpg

Safety car in much better lighting conditions still throwing out a beam (from the most recent test)
Untitled14.png

And then this :eek: (it doesn't stay like this for long... maybe they can move the camera a bit)
Untitled12.png

Still, it should be a great spectacle for us, the viewers :)

Would’ve been the ideal race for Channel 10. They should’ve dropped Townsville from their schedule and replaced with the prime time night race.
NOOOOOO WHY? Come on, I wanted to see the race live, not as a delayed telecast! FFS:irked:

HSV with neons as well. Looks great 👍

Edit: Not keen on Hazelwood's grille surround.

Edit 2: Anyone know how they signify when they're on a hot lap?

Last edited:
I can't call this one. Tyre deg still a concern. Which team adapts the best? Which drivers shine in these conditions? Which of the front runners, have the worse result tomorrow?

3pm>Qualifying>Crows/Power Showdown>Race. Only have to miss the first quarter of footy but I can live with that.

Just realised that the Roosters game is on at the same time as the race. :indiff: The remote is going to get a workout swtiching between the two tonight.
HSV with neons as well. Looks great 👍

What did Larko call them? "Doof Doof" lights? :lol:

Just realised that the Roosters game is on at the same time as the race. :indiff: The remote is going to get a workout swtiching between the two tonight.
That's a shame. Circumstances like this almost make you wish they had adverts, although they'd probably be on at the same time on both channels :sly:.

What did Larko call them? "Doof Doof" lights? :lol:
:lol: Yeah, between the Doof Doofs and the GRM disco lights it was all happening. It's great to see the teams getting into it.

Can they have the knockout qualifying thing at more rounds, please? Makes the practice sessions a hell of a lot more interesting.
although they'd probably be on at the same time on both channels :sly:

With my luck they would be. :lol:

So I’m going out tonight and thought ‘ah yeah, should at least be able to see the start’. Just got a message from the person picking me up, ‘Hey so is 7:15 good?’, The race starts at 7:20 and they’re doing me a big favour so I couldn’t ask to wait about 10 min :guilty:

Back