2018 Virgin Australia Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Cap'n Jack
  • 2,549 comments
SSSSSHHHHHHH!!!!

Supercars will hear you & they love 🤬 with tradition any chance they get :irked:
:lol:
... And Scotty just said it feels like a Bathurst build up.

Hey, my other thought was B12H inviting a few Super2 cars, to enter a new invitational class.

:lol:
... And Scotty just said it feels like a Bathurst build up.

Hey, my other thought was B12H inviting a few Super2 cars, to enter a new invitational class.
Well no prizes for guessing my thoughts on the 12hr.

I really want that race to be exclusively GT3 & GT4 with the Porsche Cup cars but, I'm losing faith that that will ever happen. Tell you what, I'll make you a deal. You can have the Super2 cars at the expense of the MARC cars :sly:

These driver intros are like Austin 2017. I get that they want to make the SuperNight a spectacle, but this seems a bit naff - people should know who the drivers are by now I would think!
It's for the fans. Also, feels like it's for an international audience.

I tell you, the kid that gets the Lowndes hat has an automatic family heirloom.

I didn’t hate it tbh. Was a bit cheesy but a bit of fun.

They probably really should’ve had this when the footy season was over though, the prime time viewer amount would be pretty large without the footy. I can see Gold Coast being the next step for night racing.

Gimmicky intro aside, this race already looks amazing - visually thus far, and plenty of early aggro up the front...

Boost Mobile Mobil 1 Walkinshaw Andretti United gets me every time.

Could the team name be any more convoluted?

> Pye gets the undercut on McLaughlin
> Scotty and Shane pass Pye during the lap anyway
> undercut says what?

Fabs and Scott really struggling to get into their pitbox... c'mon guys, sort it out.

I really dislike Scott having to carry the weight for Ford. Let alone DJRTP. All the other Fords have to get it together.

So, T8 will. Have fresh tyres to attack Scott.

If only McLaughlin had a team mate who could be right in there (and not just let the competition through).
Exactly. Not just this race, but that race could have cost him.

Also a shame another Ford(they're ex-FG X at that) cost him this race.

If only McLaughlin had a team mate who could be right in there (and not just let the competition through).
Other Ford teams too. Chaz was the only other Ford remotely close to T8 at the end, if another Ford or two could get inbetween the T8 cars on a consistent basis then that would be ideal - but everyone driving a Ford that isn't named Scott McLaughlin seem to suck really hard this year.

Scotty's lead was looking quite nice only a couple of rounds ago, but with the complete lack of other teams competing vs T8 it may as well only be a four-car fight on track :irked:

Time to buy tickets for The Bend now! Didn’t realise it was just a few weeks away already. :D

Edit: Aaaaaand done.

Last edited:
Seriously, at least drivers like Eddie Irvine & Barrichello, David Coulthard, were fast enough, in good cars, to block, take points away and win when allowed.

Three times Scott has changed teams and three times the team mate is slacking. I know Coulthard can drive. He carried BJR for time he was there. He won races last year. He won a race this year. Still, no excuses not to be battling for the lead, with the best car in the field.

The shining light for me, was Simona finishing 14th and Whincup didn't win.

The ONLY reason they threw the yellow is because they knew it would make their night race more exciting. :rolleyes:

Even then it was only exciting for a few laps until SVG ran away with the lead.

Still it looked cool. More night racing please.

Back