2018 Virgin Australia Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Cap'n Jack
  • 2,549 comments
I have to say, my top 3 liveries in the series right now are the Castrol Nissan, the two Walkinshaw Boost Mobile cars (hopefully they keep them white as it looks killer) and Lownde's car.

Castrol Nissan, WAU's white livery and Precat's Freightliner livery from Darwin have been the winners for me so far this year.

Kelly’s Castrol livery does look fantastic this year. The white Walkinshaw car looked great at SMP with a slightly different front end. At Townsville and QR, there was small design under the headlights that worsened it, and reminded me of KISS face paint. At SMP the sponsor logos on the front end were rearranged and the design was removed. Surprisingly, the Red Bulls are one of my favourites. The white is a very nice change and a much more modern design then the awfully boring car last year. Lowndes’ Autobarn is does a very good job at hiding the ZBs awkward lines and shape, while some other ZBs exemplify the awkward lines and shape.

Will Brown going with Anton De Pasquale is pretty exciting. Hope Hazelwood and Fullwood have a good showing. It’s been a pretty hard year for MSR in the main game and DVS, and Bathurst can sometimes rewarded consistency and keeping out of trouble, which makes a surprising top 10 everyone now and then.

Will Brown going with Anton De Pasquale is pretty exciting. Hope Hazelwood and Fullwood have a good showing. It’s been a pretty hard year for MSR in the main game and DVS, and Bathurst can sometimes rewarded consistency and keeping out of trouble, which makes a surprising top 10 everyone now and then.
We know anything and everything happens at Bathurst, but after the Mostert/Morris win, really, anything is possible. :)

Not particularly a fan of the black bonnet or rear but otherwise this looks fantastic.

Percat-Mobil-2-800x610.png

Percat-Mobil-3-800x577.png

Almost seems like it'll mimic Albert Park. Processional racing after the first two laps.
Im more concerned about the use of the Dunlop soft tyre. I get why, but given it’s a brand new billiard table smooth track, I think they would be fine with a softer compound.

I can’t wait to see the cars tackle turns 7-10 though, followed by that S-bend. Should be great fun to watch.

Im more concerned about the use of the Dunlop soft tyre. I get why, but given it’s a brand new billiard table smooth track, I think they would be fine with a softer compound.

I can’t wait to see the cars tackle turns 7-10 though, followed by that S-bend. Should be great fun to watch.
I hope I'm wrong.
Should be better TV viewing, compared to the AGT race earlier this year. The little undulations of the track, will add a bit more flavour to the racing.

As excited as I am for the new addition to the calendar, I still wish they'd run the 7.7km circuit... would make a great endurance round...

If there's nothing at all about the visit, other than just to finally see a VASC race, I do hope a Supercar winds up with M&M's sponsorship. Yeah, M&M's. Just because...

Back