2018 World Rally ChampionshipRally 

Purely theoretical thought here, but Ford probably were nowhere near as committed at the start of 2017 as they are now.

I'd imagine as the season progressed, Ford started taking more notice than usual, increasing input gradually without fully committing themselves, citing such a move perhaps too risky in case the title bid caved in on itself for some reason.

Maybe the promise of greater support through 2018 after clinching both titles, is what sealed the deal for Ogier.

Why? There's no real reason to do that at all to be honest. Entertainment wouldn't change, safety is about the same on long vs. short stages, and longer stages have more spectatable areas. I don't see any upside.

I was looking to get WRC Plus for this season, but their site isn't fully secure according to Google, sent them an e-mail but heard nothing back. Anyone else on WRC+?

Should be fine...I paid for mine at the start of last year with PayPal, and it renewed itself recently.

It's probably fine, but if they can't be bothered to properly encrypt the connection, it's more than a bit lazy and it puts me off entering sensitive information.

It's a bit of a basic function for a website that handles card information. Even my webstore handles full encryption, and we're a tiny team with slightly less resources than the WRC.

It's probably fine, but if they can't be bothered to properly encrypt the connection, it's more than a bit lazy and it puts me off entering sensitive information.

It's a bit of a basic function for a website that handles card information. Even my webstore handles full encryption, and we're a tiny team with slightly less resources than the WRC.
I logged in with my account and got an offer of 60 euros off so got it for 20...

Onboard with Breen towards end of last stage for good 5 mins and it was astonishing. Unbelievable how detailed the pace notes are.

I have to say I stopped watching rally religiously several years ago not because the stages were too long but because the cars just had too much grip, the TV production was terrible and the rallies just werent competitive

i watched highlights on Redbull TV, works pretty well.

Ogier was unrelenting, Lappi's mistake was huge in the end. Not long until Sweden.

I have to say I stopped watching rally religiously several years ago not because the stages were too long but because the cars just had too much grip, the TV production was terrible and the rallies just werent competitive

I have also lost alot of interest but not because of Loeb but how dumbed down it have gotten. Good example been the rule in 2015-16 they introduced two day road sweeping just to stop Ogier from winning or now increased powerstage to 5pts but already in 2004 they introduced super rally rule meaning you can still go back even if you crashed out. I also hate how they have drastically reduced the total distance, now the longest rally on the calendar is Monte Carlo with 394km and it seemed to be over rather quickly,

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/134177/citroen-denies-budget-cuts-will-hurt-wrc-team

How about get rid of the dinosaur Kris Meeke or atleast cut his salary?

Edit: 02-18

I think It´s such a shame that Craig Breen who made it to 2nd is now forced to sit on the bench and miss Mexico and Portugal because of Loeb. Why can´t Citroen look forward instead of looking backwards?

Last edited:
6E3971C4-1538-4976-8D32-BB453F9A2DE0.jpeg

And Loeb has binned it 2 stages in. Somewhere, Craig Breen doesn't know whether to laugh or cry.

I did allow myself a little chuckle, if I'm honest. Some comeback he's had. Let's just leave it to Ogier now to make everyone else look ordinary.

Loeb is either being useless, or is proving that the Citroen is easy to crash, vindicating Meeke's seemingly magnetic attraction to ditches.

Well, maybe Loeb could've kept it straight 5 years ago, but this isn't 5 years ago any more. He did alright in Mexico till he punctured. But then so did Meeke the year before. And when Meeke lost the lead here last year it wasn't his fault. The car simply gave up on him. And this year wasn't his fault either, his co-driver ****ed it. But given Loeb's been and gone with considerable speed, it's clear the C3 is still a bit of a bastard at times.

Anyway. Another Ogier win and he's already been and won more than he did last year. Ominous. Still, with all the gravel coming up I doubt he'll be as lucky for the next few rounds.

After just 4 rounds I can tell Latvala won´t take the title, if things go as bad as it did in 2016 I think Latvala should retire

There´s been a Chile rally event to prove It´s worthy a slot in the WRC calendar. But I rather have Japan or New Zealand, consider the WRC calendar is very tiny compared to F1 I think 1 event in South America is enough.

Last edited:
Already a modern classic developing in Portugal. Everyone's been up and down the leaderboard and/or in trouble. Most significantly Ogier crashed out and Neuville is on the up largely on account of his team mates falling apart.

Already a modern classic developing in Portugal. Everyone's been up and down the leaderboard and/or in trouble. Most significantly Ogier crashed out and Neuville is on the up largely on account of his team mates falling apart.

I wish I could see who´s retired and so on but wrc website seems to have problems

This will be Latvalas third retirement and as I can predict another lousy season, 3 bad seasons in a row makes me wonder if he will be replaced with Tidemand at the end of the year

Last edited:
Exciting fight for the podium at the end there. It was really good to see Lappi and Sunnanin going head to head - bring on more of that!!!

I love seeing the contrast between the two of them at the end of a stage. Lappi usually laughing and smiling, Timu usually scowling and beating himself up. Hopefully we have many years ahead of these two going against each other.

Back