2019/20 Premier League & General Football Discussion

• Thread starter Liquid
  • 1,313 comments

European Super League: Will it happen one day?

• Yes and I want it to happen

• Yes but I don't want it to happen

• Undecided

• No but I want it to happen

• No and I don't want it to happen

• I don't care about an ESL

• Other opinion

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool winner came from a penalty given via VAR in the 93rd minute!

I thought this would be a tough game. I'm glad I decided to get a little extra sleep this morning and not watch it because that would have probably given me a heart attack.

Close shave for Liverpool FC. I saw most of the game from about the 76th minute on out. Liverpool was up 1-0 until Leicester City scored to draw even. The announcers were talking about Liverpool scoring late in draw games to eventually win. And... Liverpool did just that in second half stoppage time. Those place kicks are SO scary. You have NO idea where that ball is going when it gets kicked. If you do get an idea of where the ball is going, you have only so little time to try to block it. Man- Liverpool had to EARN this one. Great win for Liverpool!

Todays results...so far.

Arsenal 1-0 Bournemouth
Man City 0-2 Wolves (!!!)
Southampton 1-4 Chelsea

Yep City lost at home to Wolves, two from Adama Traore in the second half, Liverpool now eight points clear at the top. Big win for Chelsea with Abraham getting two, David Luiz got his first goal for Arsenal.

Newcastle v Man United to come.

Newcastle 1-0 Man United.

Matty Longstaff (Sean's younger brother) with a great strike on his full debut.

I don't even have the words anymore, Ole could well be gone during the break, after which we are away to Liverpool.

Newcastle 1-0 Manchester United
It's really not looking good for United and Solskjaer here (like it ever was going to). Man City, Tottenham and Man United all lost this weekend without scoring a goal between them. Man City need to hope their best players get back from injury. For a team with a mass of amazing players, it's shocking to see that they just don't have a B team. If Liverpool can keep their top players fit they're just going to run away with this.

Stolen from Youtube comments

Keep Ole in until the end of he season. He needs time. I don’t want to wake up tomorrow morning and see that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been sacked.

- Arsenal fan

Some departures to catch up with:

9th September - Danny Cowley (Lincoln City, leaves for Huddersfield Town) League One
19th September - Laurent Banide (Oldham Athletic, sacked) League Two

3rd October - Neil Harris (Millwall, resigned) Championship
8th October - Daniel Stendel (Barnsley, sacked) Championship
8th October - Jack Ross (Sunderland, sacked) League One

Resigned - 4
Sacked - 6
Approaches - 1

Total: 11

aL08xVW_460s.jpg

:lol:

He'll be rolling on the grass 3420 minutes per season if he joins the Premier League.

Premier League and Championship are back this weekend.

Games this weekend.

Saturday
Aston Villa v Brighton
Everton v West Ham (12.30 BT)
Bournemouth v Norwich
Chelsea v Newcastle
Crystal Palace v Man City (5.30 Sky)
Leicester v Burnley
Tottenham v Watford
Wolves v Southampton

Sunday
Man United v Liverpool (4.30 Sky)

Monday night
Sheffield United v Arsenal (8pm Sky)

Only the one game on Sunday again like it was a few weeks ago, but I think I know why.

The fallout from Bulgaria racism storm continues as the Bulgarian manager resigned the afternoon, he is the one who claimed he didn't hear any abuse from the home crowd.

The Dutch FA will start trials with giving the referee a button that gives him access to the stadium sound system, to inform the public about his decisions combined with the VAR.

The Dutch FA will start trials with giving the referee a button that gives him access to the stadium sound system, to inform the public about his decisions combined with the VAR.

Ah, like we have over here in the United States for the NFL and College Football. Sometimes if that call goes against the home team it just makes the booing that much louder in the stadium.

Todays results.

Everton 2-0 West Ham
Bournemouth 0-0 Norwich
Chelsea 1-0 Newcastle
Leicester 2-1 Burnley
Tottenham 1-1 Watford
Wolves 1-1 Southampton
Aston Villa 2-1 Brighton

VAR heavily involved in the games today, disallowing goals for Wolves, Aston Villa and Burnley which would've been their equaliser then giving a penalty to Wolves, also giving the Dele Alli equaliser for Spurs when the big screen said no goal but the ref gave it.

Crystal Palace v Man City up next and its Fernandinho and Rodri as centre backs for City instead of John Stones who's on the bench.

I thought the Dele Alli goal would have been disallowed because it looked to me like he used his upper arm to control the ball before scoring.

Man United 1-1 Liverpool

A VAR assisted first half in which Rashford's goal was given despite a foul on Origi in the build up, then Mane had a goal ruled out for handball, Lallana equaliser late on for Liverpool who were below par, United were a lot better and playing with more intent and higher tempo as OGS played three at the back with Young and Wan-Bissaka as wing-backs.

I know its two points dropped but it was an improved performance so I'm quite happy with what I saw.

Man United 1-1 Liverpool

A VAR assisted first half in which Rashford's goal was given despite a foul on Origi in the build up, then Mane had a goal ruled out for handball, Lallana equaliser late on for Liverpool who were below par, United were a lot better and playing with more intent and higher tempo as OGS played three at the back with Young and Wan-Bissaka as wing-backs.

I know its two points dropped but it was an improved performance so I'm quite happy with what I saw.
I agree, we showed a bit of grit and character today. It's a shame to say that this is an improvement, but it is for United at the moment.

I thought the mistakes came late in the game, although it was a defensive mistake that ld to the goal, Ole should have brought a couple of subs on at around the 70 minute mark when Liverpool started to take control. We never seem to learn that going defensive sat on a 1 goal lead is a bad, bad, bad idea.

Overall though, I would have taken a point before the match and I think a draw is probably fair.

If I'm honest I thought Atkinson was horrendous. Every single 50:50 decision went for United and I felt the occasion got to him at times. Fabinho fairly booked for a pro foul only for Young to give him exactly the same and escape a booking minutes later. Mane's handball VAR decision is by the letter of the law a no-goal these days so no complaints there. The Origi foul and decision was a joke though. Unbelievable for it not to be overturned. But this Liverpool team is still improving, last year that's a 1-0 defeat. Every point counts.

Everyone whining about VAR in the Premier League, while Wednesday fans are still wondering how a lino and a ref with direct line of sight missed a 6'5" man doing star jumps three yards offside blocking the keeper's view of a free kick on Friday.

utterbollocks.jpg

utterbollocks001.jpg

I thought the combination of De Gea playing and Salah not playing could spell trouble for Liverpool. Glad we didn't drop all three points but taking a single point here isn't the end of the world.

Four away games in a row coming next in three different competitions, need to build on today but its not going to get much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back