2019/20 Premier League & General Football Discussion

• Thread starter Liquid
  • 1,313 comments

European Super League: Will it happen one day?

• Yes and I want it to happen

• Yes but I don't want it to happen

• Undecided

• No but I want it to happen

• No and I don't want it to happen

• I don't care about an ESL

• Other opinion

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon they should go for Benitez. We've seen him do miracles at Newcastle, imagine what he could do with an actually talented squad

All these years and I didn't know there were any football threads on here! :eek: :lol:

I have just seen the news that Pochettino had been sacked. :eek: I thought he would have walked first. I glanced a story earlier in the day that he was mentioning going back to Spain again, maybe he saw the writing on the wall. The have been on a very bad run for quite a long time, even before the Champions League Final.

I think they should go for Benitez before Moaninho. ;) Moaninho, though mostly successful, he has just turned into a very bitter manager imho. He seems chilled while he has been a pundit, but the personality changes when he is a manager over his last two jobs at least. I don't think he would be good in an attacking way for Spurs, and whilst he may shore up their defence, it is their attacking players who need to click back to where they were before.

Eddie Howe is favourite going by betting markets, he would be a good choice as he has taken Bournemouth to their limit given they where a League 2 Club before he took over, and you can see that just by looking at their tiny stadium.

Various sources saying that Mourinho deal is close and he is expected to be announced new Tottenham manager later this morning, it is 1am here right now.

I honestly think they should've given it to Eddie Howe, he deserves a shot at managing at top six club.

Mourinho... WTAF?

Manager who buys success employed by club who don’t spend anything. What could possibly go wrong?

Assume Levy had his fingers crossed behind his back when he was promising Jose fifty trillion pounds to spend.

At least he only gave him a 3 year contract... so he’ll only get an 18-24 month payoff when it all goes wrong.

Hilarious.

What's the point in giving Mourinho a three-year contract? He does two years, then implodes. Everywhere, every time.

This will be the downfall of Tottenham, Mourinho generally gets one good season before it all goes pear shaped, Tottenham should of went with someone like Eddie Howe that's a manager you can build a club with.

I think this is the most dejected I've ever felt as a spurs fan and that says a lot. And in the same year as a Champions League final no less

Going to a club with a good squad.
Good fans
Amazing stadium and training facilities.
Lower expectations/pressure.
Perfect chance to prove himself.

It could work.

Also, Tottenham are having a behind-the-scenes documentary currently being filmed and it should be must see now!

Also also, Man United v Tottenham is in just two weeks time!

Mourinho... WTAF?

Manager who buys success employed by club who don’t spend anything. What could possibly go wrong?
My thoughts exactly. Spurs don't like to spend money, so to suddenly do a 180 and follow the Moaninho model is very doubtful. :eek: The next month or so will be interesting until money can be 'potentially' spent, and see what reaction he gets from a squad who have not lived up to expectations for quite awhile.

If the money suddenly starts to flow, I think Pochettino could rightly ask the question why he was not allowed any. :confused:

At least he only gave him a 3 year contract... so he’ll only get an 18-24 month payoff when it all goes wrong.

Hilarious.
I wonder what the odds are him getting to 3 years there are. ;) :lol: When he starts quoting how many times he's won something, things may not be going well. :lol:

I hope we get the chilled pundit Moaninho though rather than the bitter and twisted version that has been in his last two jobs at least.

Only way he’ll get money to rebuild the squad from Levy is by selling Kane... only player Spurs have that’s got significant transfer value.

I’d take Son to Liverpool as back up to Salah/Mane ;)

Jose Mourinho : Here the list of players that I want.
Daniel Levy : We don't do that here.

Reporter: 'Do you think that losing the Champions League final has affected the players?'

Mourinho: 'I don't know, I have never lost a Champions League final'

And he's back! :lol:

Weird fact, every team Ajax played against in the Champions League last season has sacked their manager.

Reactions: DK
Weird fact, every team Ajax played against in the Champions League last season has sacked their manager.
Glad Liverpool didn't play them. ;) :lol:
Jose Mourinho : Here the list of players that I want.
Daniel Levy : Have you seen our lovely new stadium? Do you know how much it cost? :eek: We'll talk again in the Summer when the contract rebels are off the books and we have some spare cash. ;)

Spurs: *spends £140 million this past summer*

GTP: "lEvY wOnT sPeNd mOnEy"
According to transfermarkt.co.uk, Spurs have spent £102.6m in this 19-20 season so far, but also gained £31.5m from sales. The hopefully humorous posts were in regard to Spurs spending in the 18-19 season when they spent £0, and actually made a £4.82m profit. ;)

It feels like they have not spent money this season though because their form has not improved since the latter half of last season, and the new signings, Ndombele and Lo Celso have made little impression, and Sessegnon, after being quite a regular for Fulham for a few years has disappeared. :eek: :confused: (edit) Just looked and it appears he's been injured. Hope he gets back some form and into the team, because he has been so promising for a few years. Moaninho hasn't a good rep for giving younger players opportunity's.

Whether Spurs have money for Moaninho to spend seems to be a moot point anyway, as he says "I don't need players," and added, "I am happy with the ones I have." So they will definitely not buy anyone over the next transfer window. ;) :lol:

Last edited:
Games this weekend.

Saturday
Arsenal v Southampton
Bournemouth v Wolves
Brighton v Leicester
Crystal Palace v Liverpool
Everton v Norwich
Man City v Chelsea (5.30 Sky)
West Ham v Tottenham (12.30 BT)

Sunday
Sheffield United v Man United (4.30 Sky)

Monday night
Aston Villa v Newcastle (8pm Sky)

Some very interesting games this weekend!

Todays results.

West Ham 2-3 Tottenham
Bournemouth 1-2 Wolves
Brighton 0-2 Leicester
Crystal Palace 1-2 Liverpool
Everton 0-2 Norwich
Arsenal 2-2 Southampton
Watford 0-3 Burnley

Scrappy performance from Liverpool but they just get the win, VAR ruled out a James Tomkins goal when it was 0-0, Spurs were 0-3 up and West Ham were terrible but they fought back, Arsenal were also terrible and needed a Lacazette 96th minute equaliser.

Man City v Chelsea to come.

I was watching the Liverpool match, and one of the commentators, former Blackburn player Tony Gale I think, with regard to the Palace goal being ruled out for a push on Lovren before the disallowed goal said, "yes, it was a foul but..." At that point the sentence should have ended.

It was a decision that could have gone the other way, but when the thought is it was a foul but the goal should have somehow stood, it is shaky ground imho.

Who's going first? Emery, Pellegrini or Silva?
If I were a betting chap, Pellegrini.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was watching the Liverpool match, and one of the commentators, former Blackburn player Tony Gale I think, with regard to the Palace goal being ruled out for a push on Lovren before the disallowed goal said, "yes, it was a foul but..." At that point the sentence should have ended.

It was a decision that could have gone the other way, but when the thought is it was a foul but the goal should have somehow stood, it is shaky ground imho.
It was a really soft disallow, how Lovren fell over after that miniscule push I don't know but still, a foul is a foul I suppose.

Man City 2-1 Chelsea, all three goals came in the first half and Chelsea took the lead through Kante but De Bruyne and Mahrez got Man City the win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back