2019/20 Premier League & General Football Discussion

• Thread starter Liquid
  • 1,313 comments

European Super League: Will it happen one day?

• Yes and I want it to happen

• Yes but I don't want it to happen

• Undecided

• No but I want it to happen

• No and I don't want it to happen

• I don't care about an ESL

• Other opinion

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are the four league games this weekend.

Saturday
Everton v Crystal Palace (12.30 BT)
Brighton v Watford (5.30 BT)

Sunday
Sheffield United v Bournemouth (2pm BT)
Man City v West Ham (4.30 Sky)

BT have got three of the four games.

Man City v West Ham is off...

... contrary to popular belief this is not due to the weather, but because I swapped Vardy for Aguero in my fantasy football team :ouch:

Everton 3-1 Crystal Palace
Brighton 1-1 Watford
Sheffield United 2-1 Bournemouth
Man City P-P West Ham

Everton now up to 7th after a big win over Crystal Palace, Sheffield United's extraordinary season continues and they are now only 2 points of 4th place!

Man City v West Ham was postponed earlier this morning because of Storm Ciara and the disruption it has caused, game hasn't been rescheduled yet but we will probably know the new date for it in the coming days.

Six games next week starting on Friday night.

There is a game tomorrow night so here are the games for this weekend.

Friday night
Wolves v Leicester (8pm BT)

Saturday
Southampton v Burnley (12.30 BT)
Norwich v Liverpool (5.30 Sky)

Sunday
Aston Villa v Tottenham (2pm Sky)
Arsenal v Newcastle (4.30 Sky)

Monday night
Chelsea v Man United (8pm Sky)

This weeks news.

Man City-West Ham postponed game from last weekend will be played on Wednesday, its live on Sky and it means Man City will now play 6 games in 19 days.
Chelsea have agreed a deal with Ajax for Hakim Ziyech for around £38 million. he will join Chelsea in July.
Odion Ighalo has been banned from Man United's Carrington training ground over Coronavirus fears, he trained away from the squad whilst they were in Marbella, this is just precautionary though and he is still expected to play on Monday night.
Its been wildly rumoured that Jadon Sancho will leave Dortmund in the summer with Man United among favourites to sign him.

HUGE breaking news!!

Man City have been banned from all UEFA European competitions for the next two seasons and been fined 30 million Euros (£24.9 m) for 'serious breaches' of Financial Fair Play regulations!

HUGE breaking news!!

Man City have been banned from all UEFA European competitions for the next two seasons and been fined 30 million Euros (£24.9 m) for 'serious breaches' of Financial Fair Play regulations!

WHOA!!! :eek:

:lol:

Sheff Utd for the Champions League next season perhaps? Will 5th place in EPL get Man City's slot?

HUGE breaking news!!

A strong move by UEFA, but I expect a huge reduction on appeal. Hope I am wrong, because the naming of the stadium was quite dodgy on its own. :rolleyes:

Pep has this season to win the Champions League or he'll leave, I can almost guarantee it now. Wow that's unexpected!

Man City are going to appeal of course.

Its a big statement from UEFA and its about time they gave this sort of punishment. They've been sitting back and letting this go on for too long.

HUGE breaking news!!

The CAS will overturn it and they will get away with a fine. As usual.

Hearts v Hamilton ended 2-2... Hearts were trailing 2-0 after just 16 minutes, but then Hamilton got sent off and it was all Hearts after that, although they only managed to score twice after that!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51423859

-

I'm now in a position where I can no longer possibly profit from Liverpool winning the league. The odds are so low (1/1000 with most bookmakers) that I could sell my flat, bet the entire amount on Liverpool winning the league, and still only get about £150 in profit - but the fees involves in selling my flat would be much higher than that.

Last edited:
Wolves 0-0 Leicester
Southampton 1-2 Burnley
Norwich 0-1 Liverpool

Burnley are now four unbeaten and into the top half, a well-organised Norwich held out for 78 minutes until Sadio Mane came off the bench and got Liverpool the win. Liverpool now 25 points clear. there was another stupid VAR offside call as weel, this time in the Wolves-Leicester game in which Willy Boly's goal for Wolves was ruled out because Pedro Neto stud was adjudged to have been offside in the build up.

I turned the Liverpool game off right after Alisson made that kind of save on the pass to Pukki. I was just afraid the longer it went 0-0 the better the chance Norwich could sneak something in somehow.

I turned the Liverpool game off right after Alisson made that kind of save on the pass to Pukki. I was just afraid the longer it went 0-0 the better the chance Norwich could sneak something in somehow.
:confused: I'd never stop watching Liverpool even if they were getting stuffed 10-0, never mind in a season when they have not lost a game yet. :rolleyes:

There was another stupid VAR offside call as weel, this time in the Wolves-Leicester game in which Willy Boly's goal for Wolves was ruled out because Pedro Neto stud was adjudged to have been offside in the build up.
The Wolves disallowed goal was unbelievable, the pass that supposedly showed the Wolves player offside was not a forward pass. :eek: Unless I have totally misunderstood what I saw, and don't understand the offside rules any more! :rolleyes:

Liverpool need just 5 more wins to secure their first EPL victory...

...and my mate has a ticket to Liverpool v Crystal Palace game (which is their 5th fixture from now)

I reckon that, on current form, Liverpool may even win the league before that, given that there is a Leicester v Man City game (and a Manchester derby) before it, though Everton v Liverpool may also see Liverpool drop some points, so it is hard to say. But either way, if Liverpool do secure the title before the Palace game, it could happen at Goodison (?!) and then the Palace game will be the first home game as league champions.

Liverpool need just 5 more wins to secure their first EPL victory...

...and my mate has a ticket to Liverpool v Crystal Palace game (which is their 5th fixture from now)

I reckon that, on current form, Liverpool may even win the league before that, given that there is a Leicester v Man City game (and a Manchester derby) before it, though Everton v Liverpool may also see Liverpool drop some points, so it is hard to say. But either way, if Liverpool do secure the title before the Palace game, it could happen at Goodison (?!) and then the Palace game will be the first home game as league champions.
I don't care where Liverpool would win the league, as long as they win it. ;) Winning it at Everton would be funny because of the reaction of some people I know. :lol:

I have all the Liverpool games marked, as I don't want to miss this one. I expect a stadium filled with crying fans.

Aston Villa 2-3 Tottenham
Arsenal 4-0 Newcastle

Great game between Villa and Spurs, an Alderweireld own goal put Villa in front but he then redeemed himself by scoring the equaliser, Son put Spurs in front from the penalty spot after Engels brought Bergwijn down, Engels then scored Villa's equaliser and it looked like it was going to finish 2-2 but Engels capped off a busy afternoon for him by making a mistake and putting Son in to score in the 94th minute!

Fantastic second half performance got Arsenal the win, two goals in three minutes from Aubameyang and Pepe. Ozil and Lacazette late on for an emphatic Arsenal win.

I hope it isn't region locked, but we finally have someone who understands what needs to be done when the racism flies across the field.

FC Porto player Marega scores, points to his skin, gets everything thrown at him, including the seats from the stands. He decides to wear one as a hat, and gets a yellow for it. In the meantime the racism continues, and then he walks off the pitch as a big **** you. His weak minded colleagues try to stop him, and stay on the field.

I hope others will follow this.

Very sad to hear about Harry Gregg's passing, a member of United Busby Babes and one of the best goalkeepers the club have ever had, but he will be most remembered for his actions during the Munich disaster, he escaped from the burning wreckage but went back in twice to rescue Dennis Viollet, Bobby Charlton, Vera Lukic (the pregnant wife of a Yugoslav diplomat who was on the flight) and he came to the aid of Sir Matt Busby and Jackie Branchflower, he was back in action for United just two weeks later.

It takes a special kind of person to go back into the wreckage of a burning plane not once but twice.

He sadly passed away at the age of 87, it now means that Sir Bobby Charlton is the only living survivor of the crash in 1958.

RIP Harry Gregg.

Chelsea 0-2 Man United.

The first half was little to shout about until United produced the only bit of quality right at the end of the half when Wan-Bissaka put in a delightful cross to which Martial got his head to make it 0-1. Maguire was very lucky not to get sent off after he put his right boot into Batshiuyi bollocks right in front of the Chelsea dugout, VAR looked at it but decided no sending off. In the second half Zouma had a goal ruled out after Azpilicueta shoved Williams and Chelsea were furious with it which caused them to lose their heads for a spell in which they gave away some silly fouls and free kicks, United were well on top during that period and that's where their second came from, a corner from Bruno Fernandes whipped in met the head of Maguire to make it two (Fernandes first United assist), Giroud came off the bench and had a goal ruled out for offside, which was rightly so and they hit the post from a free kick, Chelsea didn't really play that well and it wasn't their night, United much better in the second half. 👍

It means its now very tight for the race for fourth, Chelsea on 41 points, then comes Spurs with 40, Sheffield United with 39, United up to seventh with 38 with Wolves and Everton a tiny bit further back on 36, Arsenal on 34.

Man City 2-0 West Ham.

Rodri and De Bruyne with the goals either side of half time, dominant City performance with 78% possession and 20 shots on goal, West Ham only managed three shots on goal and they haven't won in the league since David Moyes first game back in charge. Liverpool's lead at the top is now 22 points.

Before the game Man City Chief Exec Ferran Soriano gave the club first extended response to their European ban, Soriano gave a interview on City's in-house media channels saying the allegations are false and the club will do everything that can be done to prove so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back