Touring Cars 2019 DTM Series

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by TheHun99, May 3, 2019.

1. TheHun99

TheHun99

Torneo likes this.
  2. TheHun99

TheHun99

Given that the season just started, I thought I open a thread for it. The first free practice is done already, Audi dominated occupying the first 4 place, best BMW is 5th, best Aston is 14th.

Official results of Free Practice 1: https://www.dtm.com/sites/default/files/01_FREE-PRACTICE-01-2.pdf

Best laptime: 1:30.476 by Nico Müller (Audi RS5 DTM)

As a comparison, the best qualifying laptime for the 2018 season opener at Hockenheimring was 1:32.264 by Gary Paffett in his Mercedes-AMG C 63 DTM. As such, the new Class 1 machines have already a 2 second advantage and this was only the first practice.

Further comparison from other series from 2018:
    Porsche Carrera Cup (911 GT3 Cup): 1:40.781
    ADAC GT Masters (911 GT3 R): 1:38.481
    ADAC F4 Championship: 1:41.205
    FIA Formula 3 European Ch.: 1:32.284
    Formula 1: 1:11.212
    W Series (2019): 1:38.650

YouTube playlist for the Hockenheimring round including the upcoming live streams:

Last edited: May 3, 2019
    Torneo and nostradavor2 like this.
  3. TheHun99

TheHun99

So, after almost like a week :) I still haven't seen the races due to geoblocking... The cars look still great but of course, I'm a shill when it comes to Audi (I drive an A3 Sedan) and BMW (my favorite car ever is the M Coupe, yes, the clownshoe) + plus I drove 4 times on the Hockenheim GP circuit, the only racetrack apart from the Nordschleife I drove on.

Anyway, I'm happy that both BMW and Audi picked up a win, from what I gathered, Glock in the first and Rast in the 2nd race were truly great coming up from low placement.

I do have some hopes for the rest of the season:
    • geoblocking going away asap
    • current-gen DTM (Super GT) cars showing up in games (due to personal reasons Forza 7 would be ideal)
    • nail-biting race together with Super GT
    Let's see what happens next!

4. MatskiMonk

MatskiMonk Premium

Assuming you're in Germany, isn't it streamed on Sat1's website?

5. TheHun99

TheHun99

We used to live about 20 minutes away from Hockenheim but that's the past. Rocking the US East coast for quite some time now :)

6. RaceFuchs

RaceFuchs

I visited the DTM in Zolder yesterday, had a good time.

Oh, i was waiting for the DTM to show up in Forza 7 or GT Sport for quite some time. It did not happen. In the end, i bought a new PC and got the URD T5 Mod for Assetto Corsa. I dont know if you're playing AC on PC or not but i can tell you one thing for sure: this mod will give you a premium-DTM experience you will never have in Forza, GT or propably anywhere else (although there are some older DTM cars in race room, i think)

TheHun99 likes this.