Lausitzring
Sep. 13-15
23px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png
Nürburgring
Oct. 4-6
23px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png
Hockenheim
Official site: https://www.dtm.com/en/starting-page

Official YouTube channel (live coverage for all sessions): https://www.youtube.com/user/DTMinternational/

Given that the season just started, I thought I open a thread for it. The first free practice is done already, Audi dominated occupying the first 4 place, best BMW is 5th, best Aston is 14th.

Official results of Free Practice 1: https://www.dtm.com/sites/default/files/01_FREE-PRACTICE-01-2.pdf

Best laptime: 1:30.476 by Nico Müller (Audi RS5 DTM)

As a comparison, the best qualifying laptime for the 2018 season opener at Hockenheimring was 1:32.264 by Gary Paffett in his Mercedes-AMG C 63 DTM. As such, the new Class 1 machines have already a 2 second advantage and this was only the first practice.

Further comparison from other series from 2018:
Porsche Carrera Cup (911 GT3 Cup): 1:40.781
ADAC GT Masters (911 GT3 R): 1:38.481
ADAC F4 Championship: 1:41.205
FIA Formula 3 European Ch.: 1:32.284
Formula 1: 1:11.212
W Series (2019): 1:38.650

YouTube playlist for the Hockenheimring round including the upcoming live streams:

Last edited:
So, after almost like a week :) I still haven't seen the races due to geoblocking... The cars look still great but of course, I'm a shill when it comes to Audi (I drive an A3 Sedan) and BMW (my favorite car ever is the M Coupe, yes, the clownshoe) + plus I drove 4 times on the Hockenheim GP circuit, the only racetrack apart from the Nordschleife I drove on.

Anyway, I'm happy that both BMW and Audi picked up a win, from what I gathered, Glock in the first and Rast in the 2nd race were truly great coming up from low placement.

I do have some hopes for the rest of the season:
  • geoblocking going away asap
  • current-gen DTM (Super GT) cars showing up in games (due to personal reasons Forza 7 would be ideal)
  • nail-biting race together with Super GT
Let's see what happens next!

So, after almost like a week :) I still haven't seen the races due to geoblocking... The cars look still great but of course, I'm a shill when it comes to Audi (I drive an A3 Sedan) and BMW (my favorite car ever is the M Coupe, yes, the clownshoe) + plus I drove 4 times on the Hockenheim GP circuit, the only racetrack apart from the Nordschleife I drove on.

Anyway, I'm happy that both BMW and Audi picked up a win, from what I gathered, Glock in the first and Rast in the 2nd race were truly great coming up from low placement.

• current-gen DTM (Super GT) cars showing up in games (due to personal reasons Forza 7 would be ideal)
Let's see what happens next!

Assuming you're in Germany, isn't it streamed on Sat1's website?

I visited the DTM in Zolder yesterday, had a good time.

Oh, i was waiting for the DTM to show up in Forza 7 or GT Sport for quite some time. It did not happen. In the end, i bought a new PC and got the URD T5 Mod for Assetto Corsa. I dont know if you're playing AC on PC or not but i can tell you one thing for sure: this mod will give you a premium-DTM experience you will never have in Forza, GT or propably anywhere else (although there are some older DTM cars in race room, i think)

Wouldn't be the first time Ford ran DTM

I can remember having seen back in the day DTM reports on Eurosport and the Fox Mustang. It was during my “car awakening” (I was 12-14 at that time), didn’t speak English and didn’t know about the Fox as such. It was interesting to look at, let’s just say that :)

Today's Free Practice results:

FP1: https://www.dtm.com/ergebnisse-2019-0#tab2019-10-06-2 (wet)
FP2: https://www.dtm.com/ergebnisse-2019-0#tab2019-10-06-1 (dry)

BMW on top in both sessions, Wittman in the dry 0.6s faster than Rast, was great to see his (partial) lap. Button in both sessions highest GT500 entry, 16th and 15th respectively, the Nissan was at 19th and 21st while the Lexus (that ran temporarily in 5th in the dry session) finished 20th (last) and 17th.

Obviously the GT500 cars run on Hankooks that they don't know, don't have DRS or push-to-pass but have apparently better aero (read on Motorsport.com). I don't have high hopes for them in tomorrow's qualifying as Button was 2 seconds off Wittman's pace - maybe they gained some more understanding today to come closer.

Last edited:
Super GT cars were heavily disadvantaged. They should have disabled the P2P or DRS for the DTMs. Unless this was made by agreement to unable them to enter the race. there was also a lack of coverage for the Super GT.

Nevertheless it's very pleasing to see this lineup :cheers:

I'd put it more to tyres and track knowledge for the Lexus and Nissan crews. I'm definitely not overlooking the DRs & P2P though.
Lack of coverage didn't help due to the Nissan and where the Lexus were, butt he Honda action was good. Hope to see things improve for all three cars tomorrow.

Oh wow. Thats really bad news for DTM.

But in all honesty, i saw that coming. It was a rather strange project from day one. Aston Martin itself was never really into this and it was basically a private team ( R Motorsport) which never had the ressources to compete with Audi and BMW. Sad, but if one of those leaves in 2021, class one (and the DTM like we know it) is done.

Oh wow. Thats really bad news for DTM.

But in all honesty, i saw that coming. It was a rather strange project from day one. Aston Martin itself was never really into this and it was basically a private team ( R Motorsport) which never had the ressources to compete with Audi and BMW. Sad, but if one of those leaves in 2021, class one (and the DTM like we know it) is done.
Hasn't DTM been like this before with only two manufacturers? Mercedes and Alfa?

Hasn't DTM been like this before with only two manufacturers? Mercedes and Alfa?

Sure. But what if one of those manufacturers decides to jump out all of a sudden? I would not bet my money on either of them to stay in DTM forever. Look what happened to WEC. Audi left, Porsche followed just one year later and that almost killed the championship.

Its always a very bad situation when there are just two manufacturers left. Needless to say, the grid is very small now - just 6 factory cars by Audi and BMW plus two private team Audis.

They need to do everything possible to get a class one crossover team from Japan. I'd been hoping for BMW team Studie to get a gig running an M4 in Super GT, but right now I'd be happy for TME to get a Supra in DTM.

They need to do everything possible to get a class one crossover team from Japan. I'd been hoping for BMW team Studie to get a gig running an M4 in Super GT, but right now I'd be happy for TME to get a Supra in DTM.
This what you're talking about?

It dont think the japanese teams would do a whole DTM season, maybe another guest start or two? But yeah, i would really like to see it happen.

Problem here is the money, same goes for private teams who might considering step in with a japanese car. Its way too expensive, escpecially when considering they will most likely get crushed by Rene Rast and Audi.

I really like the DTM as it is but not so sure if there is a future for it.

Back