2019 Formula 1 Gran Premio Heineken d'ItaliaFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 437 comments
Stroll was still on track so have some sympathy for him but Vettel was completely off the track and needs the book throwing at him. What has happened to him?

Just saw the end of a penalty alert on screen saying "starting on incorrect tyres", but I missed who it was for.

SO hard being a Vettel fan. He really is losing me. What a disastrous season. Losing all hope for him.

I haven't watched much Formula One recently but lo and behold, I tune in and Ted Kravitz still does nothing but talk 🤬.

Thanks for the Raikkonen info. Gonna be interesting to watch who goes long on the Medium tires. Kyvat, Perez, and I think Norris are the top 3 on medium tires.

Vettel just demonstrated once more one thing that I believe it is in modern F1 from many years: the car wins, not the driver.
When he was in Red Bull the car was better (or over the rules, like the wastegate ban but for RBR was permitted because of "safety reasons") and he won easily. Now he is on a not 1st car and he commits many errors, confirmed also by past years, not acting like a 4-times World Champion. I am pretty sure the same would happen also to Hamilton in the same conditions. No one of nowaday "champions" are really worth of carrying that name.

I haven't watched much Formula One recently but lo and behold, I tune in and Ted Kravitz still does nothing but talk 🤬.

His stories get more and more boring and take longer and longer to deliver. I really don't know why they use him during the live race broadcasts.

Vettel... I accept Brundle's point about it being very hard to look over your shoulder in these cars, but the outcome of that is he must have thought "**** it" and just taken the risk. Which is even worse.

Vettel just demonstrated once more one thing that I believe it is in modern F1 from many years: the car wins, not the driver.
When he was in Red Bull the car was better (or over the rules, like the wastegate ban but for RBR was permitted because of "safety reasons") and he won easily. Now he is on a not 1st car and he commits many errors, confirmed also by past years, not acting like a 4-times World Champion. I am pretty sure the same would happen also to Hamilton in the same conditions. No one of nowaday "champions" are really worth of carrying that name.
Your theory would work if Leclerc wasn’t in the best car leading the race.

I think if Ferrari somehow get their stop done before Mercedes and have decent Tyre life they have this, Ferrari is too fast in the straight line by the looks of things.

Edit: Hamilton pitted first hmm Leclerc is in trouble.

Back