2019 Formula 1 Grand Prix de MonacoFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 289 comments

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
F1's annual visit to the principality is about to get underway again. A circuit steeped with history - but not overtaking points, will get get a truly bonkers race, or will it be another boring race of tyre management? Can anyone stop the Mercedes steamroller and beat even just one of them?
image.png

Remember that FP1 and FP2 are on Thursday as tradition at Monaco.

A horrible race highlighted by Ricciardo holding the lead to win last year even with a MGU-K failure.

I don't see a Merc 1-2 here at least.

A horrible race highlighted by Ricciardo holding the lead to win last year even with a MGU-K failure.

I disagree, the Merc package is easily the best and most of their low-speed issues seem to have been largely resolved. I see this race as really the point at which Bottas has to make a real go at the title. Lewis is strong here generally and if he can take the win will cement his lead

Notwithstanding the positional importance of qualifying... Ferrari's low-speed corner performance has been well under par thus far. Monaco's a series of short squirts broken up by low speed corners. The pressure is on them.

Notwithstanding the positional importance of qualifying... Ferrari's low-speed corner performance has been well under par thus far. Monaco's a series of short squirts broken up by low speed corners. The pressure is on them.

It'll be intriguing to see if Mercedes' advantage holds true around the principality.

Will be heading out there to see for myself – really looking forward to my first visit to Monaco.

Toto himself said Mercedes will struggle here purely because of the wheelbase length of the W10.

The one who takes pole wins unless they have mechanical failure or are called in to pits (Hamilton 2015) I think they should make specially designed F1 car just for this race that are significantly thinner just to make it even possible to overtake

Toto himself said Mercedes will struggle here purely because of the wheelbase length of the W10.
FP1 Result
1 - Hamilton 1'12.106
(Ferrari +0.361)

FP2 So Far
1 - Hamilton 1'11.118
1 - Bottas 1'11.199
(Ferrari +0.682)

Last edited:
I've had it with them saying they'll struggle every weekend, they've never had it easier.

I've had it with them saying they'll struggle every weekend, they've never had it easier.
That word is such a misrepresentation of the situation. Do you really think it's easy to do what any F1 team does never mind the team that produces the best car? Surely, it would be better to say they have never done a better job than any of their rivals, no?

Does every single F1 thread have to be the same lyrics for a Justin Timberlake song?

Anyway;

D7QkZqUWsAAX4-3.jpg

Leclerc seemingly struggling a bit compared to Vettel, be interesting to see how he is in Quali. Last few quali sessions for him have been really nervy, I hope he can regain his early season composure. Bottas sure is keeping Lewis honest!

I haven't missed three races in a row since....I can't remember. Really struggling to find a reason to watch this one though especially after famine's post

That word is such a misrepresentation of the situation. Do you really think it's easy to do what any F1 team does never mind the team that produces the best car? Surely, it would be better to say they have never done a better job than any of their rivals, no?

They're doing exactly what they've done for the past five years except their rivals are even further back than before, they're rival challenge goes as far as turn 1.

Mercedes could run InterCity 125 trains around Monaco and still be quicker.

Toto is always trolling the other teams, always saying they are done for in the next race :lol:

When Lewis is in the lead: Oh no, guys! I'm losing power! Follows it up with the fastest lap. Oh no, guys! I feel something weird! Follows it up with expanding the gap to nr 2 with 2 seconds a lap.

I haven't missed three races in a row since....I can't remember. Really struggling to find a reason to watch this one though especially after famine's post

If you didn't watch the last three races then Monaco was never going to be the point at which you come back to. Canada sure, Monaco, no.

So in short, they're gonna smash everyone, again. Just not as hard as the other races to date. As practice has proven today.

Quite interested to see if Haas continue to have good pace all weekend. This is supposed to be one of their Achilles heel tracks.

So in short, they're gonna smash everyone, again. Just not as hard as the other races to date. As practice has proven today.

And as Monaco often proves pace means nothing, it's a place where gambles and luck can pay off big time. A Red Bull that shouldn't have won the race for several reasons won the race last year.

You know something's really wrong when the official FP2 highlights video calls Vettel "best of the rest".

Back