2019 Formula 1 Grand Prix de MonacoFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 289 comments
Suggestion for those that are sick of this ****: Sleep throughout this race and wake up in time for Indy

Why are you still here?

Quite.

Imo it was a good quali, I'm not sure I'll ever tire of watching F1 cars flat out around Monaco. They should never build another track like it but they should certainly keep this one on the calendar.

I can't say I predict such a good race tomorrow, unless rain comes into play. With only a 30% chance forecast it evidently isn't likely to.

It's how the guy telling you to sleep through the race is being asked why he is still here, but the people who are constantly complaining about F1 being "boring" are still here.

It's getting old.

tdgc7Sm.jpg

I wonder if the only reason every single Ferrari strategist still has their job after these past 3-4 years is cuz they’re Italian...

I can't understand the decision to keep LeCrerc in the garage. Is there any explanation other than incompetence or willfully wanting to put Vettel ahead?

I can't understand the decision to keep LeCrerc in the garage. Is there any explanation other than incompetence or willfully wanting to put Vettel ahead?
Leclerc said in an interview afterwards that the team assured him he had done enough to get through.

Leclerc said in an interview afterwards that the team assured him he had done enough to get through.

A least a bit of incompetence then. This track especially gets faster and faster in good weather and they thought he was good... Weird. Risking it in Monaco, where track position is everything, was just too bad.

I'm sure everyone watching felt the same way. Ferrari is a joke this year. If Leclerc wasn't screwed here they'd just ruin his race somehow instead.

Oh man... i was mesmerized in surprise when I saw the qualifying results. Mercedes 1 and 2??? Wow! Life is full of surprises.
What's next? Williams in the last 2 places on the grid?

Good battle for pole.

Lewis had the last sector down well and gained time on Bottas but was missing a lot in the first and second. He then managed to get ahead of Bottas by under a tenth in the first two sectors on his last run but messed up the last one for a very close finish. Bottas drove incredible in those first two sectors.

You could sense the joy and adrenalin from Lewis at just nicking that.

Quali was fantastic, watching F1 cars around Monaco at full chat is always amazing to see.

Shocking performance by Ferrari, again.

Here’s to hoping for rain!!

Really enjoying Hamilton Vs Bottas often just a couple of hundredths in it this year. The way Lewis caught that bit of over-steer in the final corner of q3 was sublime. The race will be dull other than the charge to the first corner, but at least qualifying was like an adrenaline tight rope.

Forecast predicts 30% chance of rain around 4pm local time.

It rained for a couple of hours earlier this morning, but the track as I’m looking at it right now is dry.

Pirelli are saying 80% chance of rain for the race. There's also an 80% record of Safety Cars... by my calculations that's 160% chance of something happening. I think.
If it rains it will probably be only a tiny bit. It's unlikely to affect the race much.

Back