2019 Formula 1 Pirelli Grand Prix du CanadaFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 386 comments
That was definitely one heck of a session. Sucks Bottas wasn't able to get his tires warmed up in enough time, but the race start (and hopefully the race as a whole) will be something worth watching tomorrow. Nice to see Gasly and Danny Ric in the limelight to a certain degree.

Lewis is probably gonna win tomorrow. Ferrari’s race pace sims weren’t as good as Mercedes and Lewis is showing no signs of stress.

Really happy for Ricciardo, Renault, and Mclaren.

Lewis is probably gonna win tomorrow. Ferrari’s race pace sims weren’t as good as Mercedes and Lewis is showing no signs of stress.

Really happy for Ricciardo, Renault, and Mclaren.

>Lewis is probably gonna win tomorrow.

Probably?

You don't know that.

The Chequered flag indicates when the race session does end.

And through the race a lot of things can happen. :-P

Vettel showed very good form and Renault sits an astounding 4th on the grid. Hell yeah, a good start to the race!

>Lewis is probably gonna win tomorrow.

Probably?

You don't know that.

The Chequered flag indicates when the race session does end.

And through the race a lot of things can happen. :-P

Nothing is definite, but from seeing race sims, and Lewis being eerily cheery? Don’t think Ferrari will win this.

By the way Sainz penalized for impeding Albon. Hopefully he can make it up in race.

Renault have made big gains with their engine since the Crankshaft upgrade, all the Renault midfield cars dominated their rivals, With Ricciardo even out qualifying Gasly, Given that this is the First Power Sensitive track of the season it bodes well for the rest of the season with Renault getting a Big upgrade again at the French GP they might close up to Redbull atleast on the Power tracks.

K Mag will start from the pits due to a chassis change.

Verstappen moves up two places to ninth because of Magnusson pit lane start and Sainz three place penalty for impeding Albon in Q1.

Verstappen moves up two places to ninth because of Magnusson pit lane start and Sainz three place penalty for impeding Albon in Q1.

That's what AMRBR were hoping for. It shouldn't take too long for him to be up to Gasly/Bottas and, hopefully, past them. Looking forward to seeing what happens next.

Ricciardo puts it into 4th! What a great result for Renault! I don't know if this is any indication but in F1 2018, I won in Canada behind the wheel of a Renault.:lol: Fat chance Ricciardo actually wins though but you never know.

Nothing is definite, but from seeing race sims, and Lewis being eerily cheery? Don’t think Ferrari will win this.

By the way Sainz penalized for impeding Albon. Hopefully he can make it up in race.

Yeah Louis is a strong driver and that Mercedes car makes it even easier for him.

I think, Ferrari is not up to the task this year. But who knows... :-P

Looking at the channel and time slot of the race as given by ESPN's website I'm only seeing the LA Pride parade. :( The first listed replay isn't shown in the correct place either. I'm not sure what to trust with this now. Guess I'll just have to keep checking all their channels throughout the day. Once again it sucks to be a racing fan in the US.

Renault's performance in the qualifying was probably equally surprising to Seb getting a PP. Hopefully they'll both have great races today.

Looking at the channel and time slot of the race as given by ESPN's website I'm only seeing the LA Pride parade. :( The first listed replay isn't shown in the correct place either. I'm not sure what to trust with this now. Guess I'll just have to keep checking all their channels throughout the day. Once again it sucks to be a racing fan in the US.

It’s being broadcast on ABC, which means local affiliates may choose to air something else instead.

Yeah. Lewis wasn't just non-pouty, he wasn't even doing that fake smiley "I believe we can do this" schtick they do to put a brave face on a bad weekend. He was practically beaming.

I think Lewis is in with a shout if Ferrari experiences more degradation than Mercedes at the end of the first stint as everyone expects. The wild card, really, is Ricciardo, starting in the second row on soft tires. Fair bet the Honey Badger will be able to mug one or two of the top three on the race start.

I have nothing against Mercedes but I hate one's total dominance in any sport so I jumped in happiness when I realised Ferrari got in their way in qualifying. I hope Seb and Charlie teach those guys a lesson today and we can start having something that resembles completion in this sport.

I have nothing against Mercedes but I hate one's total dominance in any sport so I jumped in happiness when I realised Ferrari got in their way in qualifying. I hope Seb and Charlie teach those guys a lesson today and we can start having something that resembles completion in this sport.

If the last 12 months are anything to go by, I'm sure Ferrari will attempt to find some way of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory today.

Mercedes admitting they're "nervous" about the race after Stroll's impressive engine failure yesterday. With air temps of around 28C predicted (and track temps up to around 40C) Ferrari shouldn't suffer with their recurring failure to "switch on" the tyres.

I think this could be a tough day for Mercedes, at least in comparison to their recent form.

There it is, the typical Mercedes nonsense we see so often nowadays. I was wondering what sort of excrement they would spill this weekend. Hamilton will be gone after the first lap, and then we here a lot of whining and worrying again.

I'm not liking that hydraulic story at all on Lewis's car because I don't want any mechanical reliability crap to rob us of what could be an exciting battle between Lewis and Seb.

With the characteristic of this track, we should be in for some good battle....at least I hope so because I'm excited and afraid of the possible disappointment :nervous::lol:

Merc mechanics working on Lewis' front of his car on the grid!

I was just watching all the pre-race stuff and now F1TV just isn't working. It had been so reliable lately..

The softer tires the midfielders did Q2 on are helping them quite a bit here.

Back