2019 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar ChampionshipSports Cars 

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 1,414 comments
Well, that was certainly a start. Nissan DPi in the tires and the 55 Mazda spun around. 2 laps then Full course yellow.

Caution for 55 stopped on track. 31 was just released from pit road with a loose wheel, and then it came off 3 corners later. All while under caution. Race is gonna be between the 77 Mazda and the Acuras when they go back green!

That No. 50 Cadillac with the green/white/red livery almost reminds me of the old Rafanelli Judd cars of the 2000s. And hey- sunny weather for once! This is unlike the wet/rainy races in the Sunshine State. Race getting good closing in on eight minutes left of this 100-minute race.

[UPDATE] As I talk about the No 50., the car stuffs a tire wall. Didn't mean to jinx that team!

:lol: I know, fan making a comment in the moment. Something I have seen all my life in racing though. :cheers:
I always enjoy watchin LB.

:lol: I know, fan making a comment in the moment. Something I have seen all my life in racing though. :cheers:
I always enjoy watchin LB.
I get that. You should have seen me during the 2016 Rolex 24 when the Deltawing crashed into a stalled PC car. :lol:

It sounds like P1 Motorsports is more or less done in the GT3 ranks.

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/p1-motorsports-pulls-plug-on-mercedes-gt3-programs/

Also, Kathrine Legge will be joined by either Christina Nielsen or Bia Figueiredo for the remaining races.

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/long-beach-post-race-notebook/

***Christina Nielsen and Bia Figueiredo are expected to split driving duties in the No. 57 Meyer Shank Racing Acura NSX GT3 Evo for the remainder of the GT Daytona season alongside full-season driver Katherine Legge.

***Both Nielsen and Figueiredo already have full-season driving commitments elsewhere, with the Dane in Intercontinental GT Challenge powered by Pirelli and Blancpain GT World Challenge Asia, and Figueiredo in Brazilian Stock Cars, which have combined to cause a few date clashes.

Glad to see Awesome Lawson in a ride. And Gar had a few different cars last year. Looks to be in the AMG again. Currently using the Camaro in BWC under Robinson Racing.
Unfortunately they (Lone Star) are not going to Watkins Glen again this year, or Lime Rock (BWC).
74 camaro gt4 gts robinson cpyrt.jpg 34 gts amg 74 gts amg uphill cpyrt.jpg

Last edited:
Nice to hear that GTPlanet is well represented at Mid-Ohio. I will be going to the CTMP and Watkins Glen rounds as I usually do. Looking forward to seeing the new McLarens at CTMP.

A bit mystified by the BoP in GTLM at the moment (no change for Mid-Ohio). It seems they really want Porsche to win this year.

Serious question here. I've never been to an IMSA autograph session (or any other one for that matter). Will they have pictures there to sign or do I have to bring my own picture/object? Please forgive my total noobness in this area. :embarrassed:

Serious question here. I've never been to an IMSA autograph session (or any other one for that matter). Will they have pictures there to sign or do I have to bring my own picture/object? Please forgive my total noobness in this area. :embarrassed:
Most teams will have them, but not all. The lesser funded teams may not have them. I think they are called "Hero cards". I have a nice collection from over the years, including some posters and a signed hat from Christian Fittipauldi and Joao Barbosa a couple years ago.
Have a good time and bring some "Sharpie" pens. ;)

Alternatively, programs are usually only like $5 and usually have some blank pages for autographs. I don't care for autographs though so I've never actually gone to the signings.

Question for anyone going to Mid-Ohio this weekend. The schedule on MO's website says there's an "Open Fan Grid Walk" and an autograph session. Is this something I need a paddock pass for, or does the "open" part entail anyone can enter, regardless of the tickets they bought?

Question for anyone going to Mid-Ohio this weekend. The schedule on MO's website says there's an "Open Fan Grid Walk" and an autograph session. Is this something I need a paddock pass for, or does the "open" part entail anyone can enter, regardless of the tickets they bought?

I would imagine both are open to everyone since IMSA is usually pretty fan-friendly in that regard (The paddock is also open to all spectators according to the event page (scroll to the bottom)).

The whole paddock area has always been open to all at the Watkins Glen races I've been to over the years too, most of the teams are quite friendly with people as long as you aren't interrupting some actual work. They also do have some designated times when they are officially doing signings/giving out collectibles. Some of them hand stuff out during the grid walk too which is a great time to see all of the cars together and get a feel for how many fans are there before they all spread out to the far corners of the track.

I'm not 100% sure but I think that's the norm for most of IMSA's races, has been since at least the Grand-Am days.

I've wondered this same thing. Under tickets, there's a "paddock pass" option stated as free, so I'm going with that. Last year I went and had access, but the tickets were won online so I'm not sure how the access was setup.

Back