2019 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar ChampionshipSports Cars 

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 1,414 comments
YES YES YES!! Montoya and Cameron win in Belle Isle!! 2 wins in a row!

IMSA got lucky. I live about 60-65 miles Southwest of Detroit and got dumped on with the southernmost portion of this line. Last radar loop I saw shown that the heaviest rain hasn't got to Detroit yet.

Last edited:
I completely missed the race, but congratulations to the overall winner and class winners from this race in MoTown. I probably will have to see some highlights or something of how the race unfolded in Detroit.

I think the Acuras were a little too good, which is not that surprising considering Penske is the reason they were there in Detroit at all. I'm really leaning hard into the conspiracies this year, maybe I'm just getting too cynical. :lol:

I also think race control is getting a little too lenient. Some hard racing, fair enough. But if someone gets it wrong, I think there should be something. Even if it wasn't intentional.

That would be big news to me! Mazda has been getting closer and closer since they aborted that Skyactive crap that probably wasn't properly funded/supported to begin with.

It is understood that Mazda’s 3 TCR racer has been developed by its American racing division, which is set to shift its unsuccessful focus from IMSA prototype sports car racing to the TCR class of the Michelin Pilot Challenge series next year.

The bolded part is unclear to me. Is it Mazda USA or Joest Racing? I doubt Joest would go and run a TCR team. And more importantly, would AER still build the grenades, err I mean engines?

The bolded part is unclear to me. Is it Mazda USA or Joest Racing? I doubt Joest would go and run a TCR team. And more importantly, would AER still build the grenades, err I mean engines?
Maybe generalizing since the team races in North America?

I haven't seen anything reported on any of the sites that focus on IMSA, so I'm skeptical for now. However, I could see Joest leaving to head up a Hypercar program and Mazda not wanting to go back to being an afterthought.

Technically not the wrong thread since they're the same Corvettes that race over here. (Unless I'm mistaken)

They are the same cars but different series, so different sanctioning bodies and therefore different BoP rules. I thought I was in the WEC thread when I posted that link. :banghead: :lol:

According to this, Mazda is giving up on prototypes and switching to TCR. Is this new?
Another thing to remember, this is the same magazine known as Auto Fiction. All of the things said about Mazda were not quotes so taking them as true would maybe not be the best course of action. I would certainly be disappointed if Mazda left DPi but I'm relatively confident that that they aren't leaving.

See, I thought so but when I checked local listings it had CTMP as "new" this afternoon, and then from 7-10 tonight they have Watkins Glen. They really care about this series...

Gonna keep doing the VPN crap with my phone and watch it there or some other means that people put around the internet. This shouldn't be like this.

See, I thought so but when I checked local listings it had CTMP as "new" this afternoon, and then from 7-10 tonight they have Watkins Glen. They really care about this series...

Gonna keep doing the VPN crap with my phone and watch it there or some other means that people put around the internet. This shouldn't be like this.

I agree, it's ridiculous. Fortunately, I'm able to stream the race on NBC sports' website, but it's stupid that they're not showing it on TV live.

I agree, it's ridiculous. Fortunately, I'm able to stream the race on NBC sports' website, but it's stupid that they're not showing it on TV live.

I still pull the VPN route because NBC Sports has a habit of freezing abruptly on me whenever I watch anything.

The only reason I can think of NBC tape delaying the race is that NBC hopes people who watch the NASCAR race will stay tuned in and potentially bring in new eyeballs to IMSA. Still sucks to try and watch live and screws over the people that can't stream it in the States who wanted to watch the race live.

How exactly was Tandy up in the lead before the 912 and 3 pitted and now still out there in the lead so many laps later? Coverage in IMSA is so bad at keeping up with the pit cycles. Timing shows the 911 with 4 pits. Only cars still on 3 are the 25 and 66... yet he is still in the lead. Is the timing and scoring just complete garbage?

With Mazda's luck, the 55's engine cover will fly off and get eaten by the radiator of the 77.

EDIT: Glad I was wrong, go Mazda!!

Last edited:
Back