2019 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar ChampionshipSports Cars 

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 1,414 comments
Seriously. What the hell are they thinking? This is just sad and they have absolutely no connection to their viewers

Apparently the race is not broadcast until 9:30 tonight... it's not my favorite track in the world (just too small), but ffs NBC! :banghead:
This crap is why I just use a VPN to use the international stream. It's a damn shame too because I shouldn't have to go through those hoops to watch sports car racing in the country the race is being held in. I guess Marshall Pruett sadly was right when he said that streaming sports car racing is way easier than channel surfing to follow the races..

I just got a new laptop so I try watching on here instead of my phone screen. What's a good actually free VPN or can we not discuss that publicly here?

Saw the race live, but for those who decide to watch the race tonight, you won't be disappointed! Amazing racing through and through all the way to flag in both classes. So much I wish I could say, but don't want to spoil it for anyone. :D

NBC Sports is showing the race now even though it's scheduled as the IndyCar Iowa 300. Seriously, WTF guys?

2 hours 6 minutes left, so I only missed 34 minutes...

Oh okay, I assumed some kind of thing kept the Indy race from being aired. Weird though, because no one was expecting this and it will throw off the DVRs. What's gonna record tonight at 9:30 if this is busy airing at that time?

What's going on with the NBCSN TV guide schedule? This is the second time its said it was the WeatherTech race on the guide yet something else is airing? Its says WeatherTech at Lime Rock but Indy is currently on. I havent been watching much this season due to being busy, I usually watch every single race in years past.

Also going back to the point of me not following close this season, I thought I saw a McLaren 720s in GTD last race at CMP? When did they join?

Last edited:
What's going on with the NBCSN TV guide schedule? This is the second time its said it was the WeatherTech race on the guide yet something else is airing? Its says WeatherTech at Lime Rock but Indy is currently on. I havent been watching much this season due to being busy, I usually watch every single race in years past.

IMSA from Lime Rock aired live on the NBCSN app at 1:30pm ET due to a clash with the NASCAR Xfinity Series at New Hampshire. It was scheduled for a tape delay re-air at 9:30pm ET. IndyCar from Iowa was scheduled to start at 6:30pm ET, but due to weather, was postponed. So to fill the time, NBC decided to re-air the Imsa race at 7:00pm ET. Now IndyCar is on and about to start their race.

IMSA from Lime Rock aired live on the NBCSN app at 1:30pm ET due to a clash with the NASCAR Xfinity Series at New Hampshire. It was scheduled for a tape delay re-air at 9:30pm ET. IndyCar from Iowa was scheduled to start at 6:30pm ET, but due to weather, was postponed. So to fill the time, NBC decided to re-air the Imsa race at 7:00pm ET. Now IndyCar is on and about to start their race.
Wow, just throwing the IMSA race all over the place. It seriously got bumped to the app for the Xfinity series race? It's like Fox all over again.

I wish the TV guide (Xfinity for me) would reflect what's actually being shown atleast, I forgot about the race and saw it on the guide starting at 9:30 for the tape delay and was like nice! only to see the IMSA post race interviews and got confused then the Indy Car broadcast started...and this is the second time it said IMSA race only for something else to be on.

I can't believe IMSA gets bumped for an Xfinity race. I know our market isn't huge, but really?

Luckily I follow the Indy series, because when I tuned in for that I found the IMSA race airing on tape early. Thank goodness my DVR was setup for Indy or I would've been screwed over by NBC for what, the 3rd IMSA race in a row as the DVR schedule is all screwed up now? Then with 9 minutes to go they break to commercial... and miss the pass for the win! The funny thing is right before that they tried to go to break - you could tell when they took the scoring off the screen - but there was a literal pass attempt for the lead so they at least had enough common sense to show that. But still, how can you not manage to show the last 10 - 15 minutes of the race straight!? This is a timed race - there aren't any green-white-checker rinse repeats. That's just awful. I had high hopes for NBC when they took over, and they seemed to start off well enough, but coverage for the past 3 events has been terrible. With Nascar taking over NBC's prime slot, I assume this crap will continue for the rest of the season. I won't spoil anything, but the race itself was great and the finish even greater.

I might just watch the in-cars and listen to the radio coverage live and then watch the full replay later when it hits online. This is stupid. :banghead:

I think it's bad for everyone when NASCAR, IndyCar, and IMSA are all on the same channel. One channel doesn't have enough sub-channels to broadcast them all when they overlap. I'd be fine with NBC getting IMSA, FOX getting NASCAR, and ABC getting IndyCar. It's basically ESPN-Lite

I think it's bad for everyone when NASCAR, IndyCar, and IMSA are all on the same channel. One channel doesn't have enough sub-channels to broadcast them all when they overlap. I'd be fine with NBC getting IMSA, FOX getting NASCAR, and ABC getting IndyCar. It's basically ESPN-Lite

That's the problem is that NBC is trying to cover all of these series especially this time of year. Something has to be lose out and right now it's IMSA.

It rained for a couple hours after the MPC race last night, so the only rubber on the track will be whatever they put down during the warmup. Should be a good one.

Also, Prototype Challenge is returning to Road America next year! I like Super Trofeo, but I find PC to be slightly more interesting.

So when is the race today so I don't miss another one because of stupid TV? I still have to watch Watkins Glen and Lime Rock. Everyone's been saying how exciting those are towards the end so I'm watching them straight through. about 1/3 into Glen

So when is the race today so I don't miss another one because of stupid TV? I still have to watch Watkins Glen and Lime Rock. Everyone's been saying how exciting those are towards the end so I'm watching them straight through. about 1/3 into Glen

I think actual race time is 2:30 EDT but it's only live on the NBC Sports app. It's tape delayed until 6pm EDT on the NBC Sports Network.

I think actual race time is 2:30 EDT but it's only live on the NBC Sports app. It's tape delayed until 6pm EDT on the NBC Sports Network.

That being said, as with Lime Rock, I'm not gonna spoil it for anyone who hasn't watched yet...but I'm just gonna put this here :sly: It was one of those kinda finishes 👍

That being said, as with Lime Rock, I'm not gonna spoil it for anyone who hasn't watched yet...but I'm just gonna put this here :sly: It was one of those kinda finishes 👍

My internet couldn't have went out at a worse time then. :banghead:

Back