2019 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar ChampionshipSports Cars 

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 1,414 comments
Absolutely fitting that Harry Tincknell was the guy that brought the car home for the 55 since he finally gets to avenge the heartbreak from Laguna Seca last year.

Acura finally had some luck fall their way this race in GTD, good for them.

Close battles throughout the GT classes, was good to watch.

I was out of town this weekend and didn't get to see the race. Very happy for Mazda to get their first win and to go 1-2 on top of it after all of their bad luck. Also good to see the all female MSR Acura finishing 4th in GTD.

What an awesome weekend this was. So, so, so happy that Mazda finally got a win, their first one since 2013. And to cap it off with a 1-2! Now I have to sort through over 2,000 photos..
Yes indeed, as I also was at WGI. Mazda :cheers: 👍 👍 We were camped at the top of the boot and just after staking in our canopies (before tying down) a gust of wind flipped them over unto a car and demolishing one of the canopies. Car was fine. That was Thursday about 2 PM. Had a wind/rain storm about 4AM (Saturday) and another that afternoon with no issues. Got to talk with many teams/drivers including Ben Keating, Tim Pappas and Bill Riley. Tim Pappas is feeling good (after Bathurst) and I asked Bill questions about the Ford GT. It's Multimatic built (like the others) and 2 of them are for sale. Imagine what the LeMans one could be worth in say 25 years and beyond. To me it's a winner. Others? No official decisions/plans for 2020 and the GT, yet according to him. And I got my hotwheels GT signed by Joey Hand during the pit walk.

Always love going there. Here's a couple of only 1600 shots I took.

IMG_4136.JPG IMG_4120.JPG

35 amg bleekemolen murry cox cpyrt.jpg 86 nsx farnbacher hindman marks cpyrt.jpg

mazda 55 2 cpyrt.jpg 911 Porsche tandy pilet cpyrt.jpg

Really disappointed with the coverage by NBC, or more accurately the lack thereof. So with no live coverage, all they showed on tape delay was maybe an hour or two toward the end of the race. I just waited for IMSA to put the race on YouTube mid-week so I could see it. Is this how NBC plans to play it every time there's a Nascar race? No thanks. :banghead:

Anywho, congrats Mazda on finally getting that win, and in convincing fashion at that! When the tail started to come loose on the lead Mazda and then the engine cover opened up I did start to get that "here we go again" feeling but they made it to the finish and that's all that matters.

I am gutted for the #4 Corvette. They had the hard wreck at Le Mans only to crash out on the first lap at the Glen. Hopefully their luck will turn around tomorrow!

Maybe I'll get to see the race, if NBC deems me so lucky. Then again I guess Nascar got rained out so they'll probably show that instead... :banghead::banghead:

Really disappointed with the coverage by NBC, or more accurately the lack thereof. So with no live coverage, all they showed on tape delay was maybe an hour or two toward the end of the race. I just waited for IMSA to put the race on YouTube mid-week so I could see it. Is this how NBC plans to play it every time there's a Nascar race? No thanks. :banghead:

Anywho, congrats Mazda on finally getting that win, and in convincing fashion at that! When the tail started to come loose on the lead Mazda and then the engine cover opened up I did start to get that "here we go again" feeling but they made it to the finish and that's all that matters.

I am gutted for the #4 Corvette. They had the hard wreck at Le Mans only to crash out on the first lap at the Glen. Hopefully their luck will turn around tomorrow!

Maybe I'll get to see the race, if NBC deems me so lucky. Then again I guess Nascar got rained out so they'll probably show that instead... :banghead::banghead:
Just saw on their Twitter they're showing it on CNBC tomorrow.

Yep, I was trying to watch it live via the NBC Sports app on my PC and it kept telling me that I couldn't watch the race because I didn't have the right package or something (meanwhile I have NBC, NBCSN and CNBC in my cable package so I shouldn't have been missing anything I needed and as far as I know you didn't need the NBC Sports Gold or whatever they call the premium streaming on there). If there's no money in broadcasting IMSA I wish the networks would just leave it alone. I'd gladly just pay a sub for IMSA TV like I do with F1 to be able to consistently watch the races in one place.

Is the race on?? My YouTube TV says it is on CNBC but when I turn it on there's some stupid cooking show on! WTF NBC! :banghead::banghead:🤬🤬

Edit: And this is my online option...
IMG_20190707_131338.jpg

Last edited:
Must've been a nasty crash if they can't even dig up any and all footage related to it. I'm particularly curious how on earth the car could've turned the tires into a cocoon

EDIT: They found it... and it looks like he almost went through the wall.

Must've been a nasty crash if they can't even dig up any and all footage related to it. I'm particularly curious how on earth the car could've turned the tires into a cocoon

EDIT: They found it... and it looks like he almost went through the wall.
Scary crash! Looked like something broke or he lost it early on because it was so sideways. They showed him on the stretcher sitting up which is a great sign. I hope he's alright!

Meanwhile Pipo Derani driving the wheels off and #54 gets bumped off track and spins back on in front of everyone but hits no one!

Last edited:
Back