2019 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar ChampionshipSports Cars 

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 1,414 comments
Wiz
Ford liveries for the 24 - https://www.imsa.com/news/012019/fo...aT7AX1uMuOgTJ4tcaoBr3hkFkP0ssICIX7Z_EMDcsYAok

k9MKDIg.jpg

Wiz
Acura Livery

giphy.gif

Acura one was a bit obscure as a reference but an interesting layout nonetheless. Ford just killed it however. Which does leave me a bit curious if Corvette will go black and silver or Yellow, black, and white like the GT Sport renders

Which does leave me a bit curious if Corvette will go black and silver or Yellow, black, and white like the GT Sport renders
Its Yellow or bust for me. The only change I'd be ok with is the later C6.R's with the back end black. They had numerous different styles.
Screenshot_20190111-095055_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20190111-095120_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20190111-095609_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20190111-130003_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20190111-095635_Google.jpg

I love the current C7.R livery with the American stars and stripes on the front fenders, roof, and the red white and blue Jake on the hood. But I thought this was kind of a cool concept before the official livery was revealed.
Screenshot_20190111-095857_Google.jpg

Last edited:
@Organ-Donor It's not all about the yellow for me. I've seen enough yellow Corvettes that I wouldn't mind seeing something different (and my favourite Corvette livery is the 2003 Blue Commemorative Le Mans C5-R livery anyway).

I mean, they won't, because GM is cheap and it requires effort. And I'm saying that as a fan. :lol: Also, I think keeping the C7.R was a late decision. Maybe by the end of the season: but I highly doubt it.

Ones I would like to see:

1986 IMSA GTP Corvette

%23+52+-+1986+GTP.jpg

1988 IMSA GTO

fbabcc33-29dd-4986-b330-94f3906b9f7b.jpg

1994 IMSA ZR-1 (Can we run this one all the time please?)

9493.jpg

And of course, the '76 Greenwood IMSA Corvette

greenwood_corvette_imsa_racing_coupe_5.jpg

@LongbowX I love the Admiral blue Mobile 1 ZR1 livery. That blue is so nice and it's a great looking livery. My dad had a '95 ZR1 in Admiral blue. I wish they kept that same color for the C7 Grand Sport instead of changing it.

My left lower leg was amputated a year ago, his example helped me a lot. His and Billy Monger's.
I’d also recommend looking up Chairslayer on YouTube (Rob Parsons). He drifts with a complete hand control setup since he has no use of the lower half of his body because of a dirt bike accident. Great guy to talk to if you ever meet him, super down to earth!

Last edited:
Marshal Pruett did a great podcast interview with Zanardi - worth a listen. He goes into heavy details about the new hand-control set up and how good it is compared to other ones they've tried. He mentions being able to do something like 4-5x as many laps as a normal driver testing the hand controls for the manufacturer, etc. Pretty cool and he's all about actually being competitive.

Its Yellow or bust for me. The only change I'd be ok with is the later C6.R's with the back end black. They had numerous different styles.
View attachment 791800
View attachment 791801
View attachment 791805
View attachment 791902
View attachment 791815

I love the current C7.R livery with the American stars and stripes on the front fenders, roof, and the red white and blue Jake on the hood. But I thought this was kind of a cool concept before the official livery was revealed.
View attachment 791824

Hmmm, the OG needs a comeback
chevrolet_corvette_c5r.jpeg

Also, the c5R Gran Turismo livery
gm1507.jpg

@Organ-Donor It's not all about the yellow for me. I've seen enough yellow Corvettes that I wouldn't mind seeing something different (and my favourite Corvette livery is the 2003 Blue Commemorative Le Mans C5-R livery anyway).

I mean, they won't, because GM is cheap and it requires effort. And I'm saying that as a fan. :lol: Also, I think keeping the C7.R was a late decision. Maybe by the end of the season: but I highly doubt it.

Ones I would like to see:

1986 IMSA GTP Corvette

%23+52+-+1986+GTP.jpg

1988 IMSA GTO

fbabcc33-29dd-4986-b330-94f3906b9f7b.jpg

1994 IMSA ZR-1 (Can we run this one all the time please?)

9493.jpg

And of course, the '76 Greenwood IMSA Corvette

greenwood_corvette_imsa_racing_coupe_5.jpg

That's an all star list of retro liveries!

Pre-race jitters about various teams sandbagging notwithstanding, IMSA has seen fit to do very little in the way of BOP.

The lack of change to the DPi class suggests IMSA felt slowing down the Roar-leading Mazdas, or elevating the pace of the other brands was not required based on testing data it captured throughout the event. The same is true for GTLM.

GT Daytona is the only category where BoP changes, other than fuel capacity, were made to multiple models.

On the topic of adding or removing performance for the sake adjusting the lap time gaps among the classes, DPi, LMP2, GTLM, and GT Daytona have been left untouched.

DPi BoP Changes
Acura ARX-05: Reduction of fuel capacity by of two liters, now 76L.
Cadillac DPi-V.R: Reduction of fuel capacity by one liter, now 70L.
Mazda RT24-P: Reduction of fuel capacity by two liters, now 79L. Clarification on rear wing angle allowance for the race that is no different from what was used at the Roar.
Nissan Onroak DPi: No changes.

GTLM BoP Changes
BMW M8 GTE: Increase of fuel capacity by two liters, now 90L.

GTD BoP Changes
Acura NSX GT3: Reduction of fuel capacity by three liters, now 105L.
BMW M6 GT3: Reduction of weight by 15 kilos, now 1290KG.
Lamborghini Huracan GT3: Increase in air restrictor flow to engine by one millimeter, now 39.0mm. Increase of fuel capacity by two liters, now 97L.
Porsche 911 GT3 R: Increase of fuel capacity by three liters, now 93L.

https://racer.com/2019/01/16/imsa-releases-rolex-bop-changes/

Did not like.

I love the following.

I swear this isn’t the first time Real-time has had a “we did it first” moment in regards to a livery. A couple years back I think, they got a little salty that another Honda team, Shank I think, started using dayglow red accents - Real-time tried to make it sound like the day glow red was their thing, when in reality dayglow red has been a Honda thing for decades.

Wiz
Starworks throwback livery

I’m loving the retro liveries, but I don’t get the excitement over this one. To me it looks a hell of a lot like the WRT Audi’s that have been running in Blancpain for the last couple years. The GTO it’s a tribute to is awesome, no doubt, and it’s a decent livery regardless...but it just doesn’t get me excited the way some of these other retro liveries do.

I’d also like to take this moment to re-emphasize how much I hate the manditory green stickers on the GTD cars.

I’m loving the retro liveries, but I don’t get the excitement over this one. To me it looks a hell of a lot like the WRT Audi’s that have been running in Blancpain for the last couple years. The GTO it’s a tribute to is awesome, no doubt, and it’s a decent livery regardless...but it just doesn’t get me excited the way some of these other retro liveries do.

AJR even ran the exact livery at Daytona in 2017.

imsa-daytona-24-2017-23-alex-job-racing-audi-r8-lms-gt3-bill-sweedler-pierre-kaffer-townsw.jpg

I would much rather have them go with something like the ADT R8 from the early 00's.

Audi_R8_02.JPG

Yes, it's simple, but it's at least it's considerably different than what is pretty much the current factory scheme.

I’d also like to take this moment to re-emphasize how much I hate the manditory green stickers on the GTD cars.

As much as I hate the stickers, the colored mirrors are even worse.

Yeah, the Audi one is pretty common - seen it in a bunch of places/series with modern Audi race cars. The Champion Audi scheme would have been a nice nod (and would have blended with the green class indicators).

Back