2019 NTT IndyCar SeriesOpen Wheel 

No title sponsor, just the unveiling of the U.S. tv schedule.

Indy.PNG

Apparently big news coming out in just over half an hour... title sponsor?

Also, anyone know if testing times will be shown. Itching to get any glimpse of the 2019 season now that the cars are finally back out on track

Cellular companies have a thing with motorsports, I see.

I'm following IndyCar this year. Haven't watched a full season but after watching the Sonoma race I want to.

Cellular companies have a thing with motorsports, I see.

I'm following IndyCar this year. Haven't watched a full season but after watching the Sonoma race I want to.
Sonoma's usually one of the worse races of the year. It's not on this year so expect even better races. ;)

NTT should be a good partner for IndyCar. Top 5 global tech giant earning an average of $106 billion a year. A massive reach for IndyCar to tap into.

Eva
NTT should be a good partner for IndyCar. Top 5 global tech giant earning an average of $106 billion a year. A massive reach for IndyCar to tap into.

Where did you get that info from? I'm guessing a certain Forbes article, because I'm seeing revenue that the company themselves report as 14.6 billion USD.

That gives me optimism compared to NASCAR.

IndyCar is far more consistent than NASCAR when it comes to putting on good races. Granted there are still dull races, but they are much fewer and far between than NASCAR.

Where did you get that info from? I'm guessing a certain Forbes article, because I'm seeing revenue that the company themselves report as 14.6 billion USD.

That's just the Data subsidiary (which is what sponsors Ganassi), it's the parent company themselves that's funding the title sponsorship.

That's just the Data subsidiary (which is what sponsors Ganassi), it's the parent company themselves that's funding the title sponsorship.

From what you posted the they may have mixed it up because it's interesting that the income is 15 billion for 2018 which is slightly up from the 2016 number I gave. The entire revenue before any expenses are taken in though in the link you give is more in line with the Forbes report, which is about 100 billion USD.

I have always been into IndyCar. So there's no way I'm going to miss out on any action this upcoming season. Bring on the 2019 NTT IndyCar Series season!

Great to see Indycar doing so well once again! Shame that the TV Company that has the broadcast rights to Indycar here in Brazil just treats it like trash... Wish it got sold to ESPN or Fox Sports around here.

Also, Will Power was the Oval champions last season. If anyone got on a coma at the end of 2014 and woke up today and found about that, probably that person would fall back on the coma again. :lol:

Today, would you guys make any changes to calendar? I would get rid of the Detroit double header and try to replace it with Sonoma and Watkins Glen tbh. Also would try to bring any of the 2 mile ovals (Michigan or Auto Club) and maybe the Milwaukee Mile since it's has been saved. The rest of the calendar I'm pretty much fine with it.

Great to see Indycar doing so well once again! Shame that the TV Company that has the broadcast rights to Indycar here in Brazil just treats it like trash... Wish it got sold to ESPN or Fox Sports around here.

Also, Will Power was the Oval champions last season. If anyone got on a coma at the end of 2014 and woke up today and found about that, probably that person would fall back on the coma again. :lol:

Today, would you guys make any changes to calendar? I would get rid of the Detroit double header and try to replace it with Sonoma and Watkins Glen tbh. Also would try to bring any of the 2 mile ovals (Michigan or Auto Club) and maybe the Milwaukee Mile since it's has been saved. The rest of the calendar I'm pretty much fine with it.
The largest issue with the calendar is that most of the venues you listed want October dates. IndyCar refuses to run past early September, which I agree with as there's a lot that begins sports wise in that time in the U.S. Auto Club and Sonoma both want a finale race. Michigan isn't hardly interested at all. And Watkins Glen is just the odd race out. Belle Isle, as much as people don't like it, is one of the healthier races for the series.

Eva
The largest issue with the calendar is that most of the venues you listed want October dates. IndyCar refuses to run past early September, which I agree with as there's a lot that begins sports wise in that time in the U.S. Auto Club and Sonoma both want a finale race. Michigan isn't hardly interested at all. And Watkins Glen is just the odd race out. Belle Isle, as much as people don't like it, is one of the healthier races for the series.

I know the issue with the calendar going past September, which I agree as well. Shame that Indy has to leave them out because of those reasons.

I know the issue with the calendar going past September, which I agree as well. Shame that Indy has to leave them out because of those reasons.
Personally, I feel like IndyCar does not want to go to Fontana or Michigan. They designed the current oval package to avoid pack races like what we saw from 2015 to 2017. Sonoma, on top of wanting a finale race, was not improving in ticket sales, and outside of last year was very lackluster to say the very least. Milwaukee, no matter where you put it, is going to be overshadowed by Road America and rightfully so. If I were to choose a race to enter the IndyCar calendar, on top of the potential Australian race in February 2020, I'd likely go with a track like Homestead or Richmond in late February or early March. Tracks that would make sense in a time slot that makes the most sense for IndyCar moving forward.

Back