2019 NTT IndyCar SeriesOpen Wheel 

Kimball only has 5 weekends to ruin people's races.

RC Enerson (he drove for Coyne in late 2016. Was pretty fast too.) is testing the #23 for Carlin.

David Yurman is synonymous with me gooling David Yurman 5 minutes ago to see if it's synonymous with anything. Turns out, it's luxury jewellery. (Yes, I borrowed/stolen that from a John Oliver Kansas joke.)

It sounds like race replays will be behind the wall as well so hopefully they have something worked out for the international fans. If not it seems like a rather large oversight considering they are looking to return to Australia.

Looking at the f1 vs indycar cota lap comparison videos confirms how gutless current indycar engines are

They need another 100 HP at least

Looking at the f1 vs indycar cota lap comparison videos confirms how gutless current indycar engines are

It's a good thing they are getting almost 200 in 2021 for you then lol

Why are you comparing them? One's 10 separate teams designing the fastest car to win with a V6 Hybrid. The other is designed by the series for competitive racing and to keep costs down. It's like comparing NASCAR with DTM.

Last edited:
I admit it is interesting seeing what kind of difference the lap times are, but at the end of the day, F1 has enough aero to warrent a pilot's license ompaired to Indy. Not to mention, the tech in an Indycar is on the downlow compaired to today's modern F1 machinery. One's obviously going to be quicker.

Wasn't the layout slightly changed for Indycar as well, either toward the beginning or the end of the lap? If it was, I'm not even sure if it was used during last week's testing.

I admit it is interesting seeing what kind of difference the lap times are,

I'm not saying you shouldn't find it interesting, especially since I found the comparison interesting myself. I just don't get why people use the comparisons in an attempt to make it seem like IndyCar is doing something wrong when they aren't even competing with F1 in the performance department (obviously not directed at you).

I'm not saying you shouldn't find it interesting, especially since I found the comparison interesting myself. I just don't get why people use the comparisons in an attempt to make it seem like IndyCar is doing something wrong when they aren't even competing with F1 in the performance department (obviously not directed at you).

Aw BuT f1 iS bEtTeR tHaN iNdYcAr ChEaP kNoCkOfF oF f1.

There's your reasoning. :D

I admit it is interesting seeing what kind of difference the lap times are, but at the end of the day, F1 has enough aero to warrent a pilot's license ompaired to Indy. Not to mention, the tech in an Indycar is on the downlow compaired to today's modern F1 machinery. One's obviously going to be quicker.

Wasn't the layout slightly changed for Indycar as well, either toward the beginning or the end of the lap? If it was, I'm not even sure if it was used during last week's testing.
The layout you’re referring to takes out the final part of the esses before the back straight. I don’t believe they removed that portion of the track.

IndyCar actually has good drivers. F1 has stuck up snobs. Always has. Always will.

Except for the few true sportsmen. Who are nowhere to be seen at this time.

I will take IndyCar over F1 any day.

As far as speeds, remember that downforce and grip play into that. They can have the same weight and the same power, but IndyCars run FAR less downforce, so their cornering speeds will be WAY lower. Now straight line may be the same (or to the advantage of lower downforce), but corners always make or break top speeds in the end.

Go Indy! ;)

Since they finally moved Iowa to Saturday and it's "only" 4.5 hours (and 289 miles on the same highway) away I started thinking about going to that race on top of my already planned Road America trip. Than I looked at the ticket prices and was surprised that you can get pretty decent seats for $35 and decided to pull the trigger. I look forward to seeing both my first Indy road course and oval races within a month of each other. :D

Last edited:
Since I've forgotten to update with news.

Alonso uses the #66.

IndyCar will not be on BT Sport in the UK next week. We don't know if/what it will be on.

Ricardo Juncos goes to Argentina to talk about a race as early as next season.

Some UK TV news. There are a handful of TBA programs next week on Saturday, Sunday and Monday evening on Sky Sports F1. I've checked.

Back