2019 NTT IndyCar SeriesOpen Wheel 

United Kingdom
Southampton
RacingAtHome
IndyCar's back. No new car this season but a number of changes such as Carlin splitting Kimball's season between him and O'Ward with an extra car at the Indy 500. Conor Daly joining Andretti for the Indy 500 and Swedish debutants Marcus Ericsson and Felix Rosenqvist joining Arrow SPM and Chip Ganassi respectively. Other notables include Fred Nando Lonso.

#4 Matheus Leist
#14 Tony Kanaan

#25 Conor Daly (500 Only)
#26 Zach Veach
#27 Alexander Rossi
#28 Ryan Hunter-Reay
#98 Marco Andretti

#23 Charlie Kimball (5 races)
#23 Patricio O'Ward (Remaining races)
#31 Patricio O'Ward (500 Only)
#59 Max Chilton (All except non-Indy 500 ovals)
#59 Conor Daly (Texas)

#9 Scott Dixon
#10 Felix Rosenqvist [R]

#39 Pippa Mann (500 Only)

#18 Sebastien Bourdais - Dale Coyne Racing with Vasser-Sullivan
Santino Ferrucci [R]
#33 James Davison (500 Only) - Dale Coyne Racing with Byrd-Hollinger-Belardi

#81 Ben Hanley [R] (Partial Season)

#24 Sage Karam (500 Only)
#48 JR Hildebrand (500 Only)

#20 Ed Carpenter (Ovals)
#20 Ed Jones (Road and Street)
#21 Spencer Pigot

#88 Colton Herta [R]

#32 Kyle Kaiser (Selected Races)
#?

#66 Fernando Alonso (Indy 500) [R]

#60 Jack Harvey (10 races including Indy)

#15 Graham Rahal
#42 Jordan King (Indy 500)
#30 Takuma Sato

#5 James Hinchcliffe
#6 Robert Wickens (TBA)
#7 Marcus Ericsson [R]
#77 Oriol Servia (500 Only)

#64 Ed Jones (Indy 500)

#2 Josef Newgarden
#3 Helio Castroneves (Indy Double)
#12 Will Power
#22 Simon Pagenaud

Schedule
Key

(R) - Road Course
(S) - Street Circuit
(O) - Oval

Race 1 - Firestone Grand Prix of St Petersburg (St Petersburg Street Circuit) (S) - March 10th 2019
Race 2
- IndyCar Classic (Circuit of the Americas) (R) - March 24th 2019
Race 3
- Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama (Barber Motorsports Park) (R) - April 7th 2018
Race 4
- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach (Long Beach Street Circuit) (S) - April 14th 2018
Race 5
- IndyCar Grand Prix (Indianapolis Road Course) (R) - May 11th 2018
Race 6
- 103rd Running of the Indianapolis 500 (Indianapolis Oval) (O) - May 26th 2018
Race 7
- Chevrolet Detroit Grand Prix Presented by Lear Corporation Race 1 (Belle Isle Park) (S) - June 1st 2018
Race 8
- Chevrolet Detroit Grand Prix Presented by Lear Corporation Race 2 (Belle Isle Park) (S) - June 2nd 2018
Race 9
- DXC Technology 600 (Texas Motor Speedway) (O) - June 8th 2018
Race 10
- REV Group Grand Prix (Road America) (R) - June 23rd 2018
Race 11
- Honda Indy Toronto (Exhibition Place) (S) - July 14th 2018
Race 12
- Iowa Corn 300 (Iowa Speedway) (O) - July 20th 2018
Race 13
- Honda Indy 200 (Mid Ohio)(R) - July 28th 2018
Race 14
- ABC Supply 500 (Pocono Raceway) (O) - August 18th 2018
Race 15
- Bommarito Automotive Group 500 presented by Valvoline (Gateway Motorsports Park) (O) - August 24th 2018
Race 16
- Grand Prix of Portland (Portland International Raceway) (R) - September 1st 2018
Race 17
- Monterey Grand Prix (Laguna Seca) (R) - September 21st 2018

2018 Champion:
Scott Dixon
2018 Manufacturer Champion: Honda
2018 Rookie of the Year: Robert Wickens
2018 Indy 500 Winner: Will Power
2018 Oval Champion: Will Power
2018 Road and Street Champion: Scott Dixon

Be sure to check out the IndyCar Website, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook pages for more information. This will be updated throughout and before the season with important information regarding entries, races and fantasy.

Last edited:
It's a shame we're down yet another oval. As someone who once hated ovals, I've started to love them and they've even grown to be my favourite tracks not just to watch, but to drive on as well...

It's a shame we're down yet another oval. As someone who once hated ovals, I've started to love them and they've even grown to be my favourite tracks not just to watch, but to drive on as well...
Join the club. I'd much rather they added another oval. Maybe bring back Fontana if they can find a way to improve the crowd sizes. That's the main issue around them being on the schedule.

I like ovals, but I can understand why they've had a hard time getting butts in the seats. From a fan perspective it just seems like you get so much more for your money at a road course compared to an oval.

Fontana's biggest issue is that it wants an October date. IndyCar, as it is well documented, doesn't want the season to stretch beyond where it is now. Having a track like Richmond or Homestead, which were early rumors, would have been great.

I actually don't mind the reduction of ovals, they absolutely sucked in 2018 with the new aero. Perhaps not quite as bad as in 2014, but bad enough that I won't be campaigning for more until they become something a bit more than tiresome grindfests.

Any reliable news on who Coyne is considering for his second car? I think we all know who we don't want...

Any reliable news on who Coyne is considering for his second car? I think we all know who we don't want...
There won't be reliable news until they announce it. DC has his list of guys he wants and is going through the process. That he talked to Stoffel in terms of a full season is good but there's probably a long way to go.

Why wouldn't you want me in the car? I'd be comedic.

I actually don't mind the reduction of ovals, they absolutely sucked in 2018 with the new aero. Perhaps not quite as bad as in 2014, but bad enough that I won't be campaigning for more until they become something a bit more than tiresome grindfests.

The 19 is likely between Claman de Melo and Fittipaldi.

Race 1 - Firestone Grand Prix of St Petersburg (S) - March 10th 2019
Race 2
- ? Circuit of the Americas (R) - March 24th 2019
Race 3
- Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama (R) - April 7th 2018
Race 4
- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach (S) - April 14th 2018
Race 5
- IndyCar Grand Prix (R) - May 11th 2018
Race 6
- 103rd Running of the Indianapolis 500 (O) - May 26th 2018
Race 7
- Chevrolet Detroit Grand Prix Presented by Lear Corporation Race 1 (S) - June 1st 2018
Race 8
- Chevrolet Detroit Grand Prix Presented by Lear Corporation Race 2 (S) - June 2nd 2018
Race 9
- DXC Technology 600 (O) - June 8th 2018
Race 10
- Kohler Grand Prix (R) - June 23rd 2018
Race 11
- Honda Indy Toronto (S) - July 14th 2018
Race 12
- ? Iowa 300 (O) - July 20th 2018
Race 13
- Honda Indy 200 (R) - July 28th 2018
Race 14
- ABC Supply 500 (O) - August 18th 2018
Race 15
- Bommarito Automotive Group 500 presented by Valvoline (O) - August 24th 2018
Race 16
- Portland International Raceway (R) - September 1st 2018
Race 17
- Monterey Grand Prix (R) - September 21st 2018

In Brackets or something, could you please put the name of the circuit. ABC Supply 500 for example means absolutely nothing to people who are unfamiliar with the sponsorship ties to circuits. What track is it at?

In Brackets or something, could you please put the name of the circuit. ABC Supply 500 for example means absolutely nothing to people who are unfamiliar with the sponsorship ties to circuits. What track is it at?
Yeah. That's fine. Surprised nobody suggested that last year to be honest.

Done.

Last edited:
Big news about George Michael Steinbrenner’s entry into IndyCar racing.
snippets:

Young Steinbrenner, whose father Hank is co-owner of the New York Yankees and whose late grandfather George was the polarizing leader of the 1970s dynasty, only has eyes for race cars. IndyCars and Colton Herta, specifically. At 22, he’s the youngest car owner in IndyCar history and spent the past two years backing Herta in Indy Lights with Michael Andretti’s team.

The Steinbrenners are a huge name on the national sports front, and an ally like IndyCar has never had. Hank is a billionaire with more connections than a 12-pronged power strip, coupled with a passion for IndyCar racing that runs deep so this is an opportunity that IndyCar needs to embrace.

https://racer.com/2018/09/24/miller-indycars-home-run/

I think the best racing this year happened on the ovals. Not always at the front, but definitely in the other places. I hope they keep up with the ovals!

Does anyone have a link to the reports suggesting Alonso didn’t like the road course indycars?

From what I've heard it wasn't much of a report and there were no actual quotes in it. I believe it was from a more credible German motosports website. I tried finding the story but couldn't find anything. The only stories I could find are like the one below with Alonso saying he enjoyed the test.

https://www.crash.net/indycar/news/904782/1/alonso-enjoys-special-first-indycar-road-course-test

It seems to me though that his past comments about Honda and his current involvement in the WEC with Toyota have hurt his chances of getting a ride next season. I hope I'm wrong.

I never expected Alonso to run the full season. Hopefully he at least runs the Indy GP in addition to the 500. That would help his chances

Hoping to see 35-36 cars at Indianapolis this year. Make quality and bump day that much more interesting

The good thing is that (as far as I can tell), it’s not a permanent issue. It’s something he can work on to overcome. Hope to see him on the grid in a year or two

COTA speeds

1:32.3 - 2018 F1 Pole Position
1:37.3 - 2018 F1 Race Fast Lap
1:44.6 - 2017 LMP1 Pole Position
1:47.1 - 2017 LMP1 Race Fast Lap
1:47.8 - 2018 Indycar Tire Test

Latest Posts

Back