2019 NTT IndyCar SeriesOpen Wheel 

If Sato managed to get through to the lead, imo it would’ve been an underwhelming winner because it had to be either Pagenaud or Rossi today. It was a duel for the ages between the two of them.

From a lap down to 3rd, nice job Taku.

Well deserved win for Pagenaud though, one of the better finishes to a race I've seen in a while.

What a finish! I was rooting for Rossi, Sato, and Honda to take the win, but Pagenaud and Chevy earned that win. Respect and congrats. :cheers:

Onto Detroit next weekend! It's going to be quite a race for the 2019 NTT IndyCar Series Championship! :gtpflag:

I honestly was expecting Pagednaud to straight-up run Rossi into the wall for most of those last few laps. I honestly don't know how to feel about this race, because while Simon does deserve to win it and had the best car all day... I don't know, something with how he Jean Girard'ed it doesn't sit well with me.

Also, while I abhorred most of the add-breaks throughout the broadcast, having the final restart go add-free AND not having the so-called "WAGcam" at the finish salvaged the NBC broadcast for me.

Anyways, on to Detroit and I have no clue who's going to win it or even qualify on pole. And that's a good thing!

I honestly was expecting Pagednaud to straight-up run Rossi into the wall for most of those last few laps. I honestly don't know how to feel about this race, because while Simon does deserve to win it and had the best car all day... I don't know, something with how he Jean Girard'ed it doesn't sit well with me.

Also, while I abhorred most of the add-breaks throughout the broadcast, having the final restart go add-free AND not having the so-called "WAGcam" at the finish salvaged the NBC broadcast for me.

Anyways, on to Detroit and I have no clue who's going to win it or even qualify on pole. And that's a good thing!

NBC probably lucked out with the red flag. They would have certainly ruined the end with ads.

That was quite a step above last year's race. Congrats to Pagenaud, that was a great drive by both him and Rossi. I though Taku was going sneak his way in there, but it wasn't to be. Fun race!

It looks like the change to a timed race for race 1 might not be interrupted by the weather. The last radar image I saw shows most of the severe weather looks to be currently South of Detroit. I'm about 60-65 miles Southwest of Detroit and it's currently sunny, but the same radar shows that the second line is beginning to form to the west of my location.

He's just had the worst luck all year.

Edit: Go Sato!

Sato!

Happy Lina 1.gif

Last edited:
Watching Marco on slicks on a not-yet-dry track is the most entertaining thing I've seen in a long while! He is DRIVING that thing!

It was amazing.

Too bad I didn't have cnbc though to see the finish. Why was it even time limited if they were going to switch to cable anyways.

Uhhh...why exactly did they switch to CNBC? I had to work today and recorded the race as well as the post race. Why cut away from the scheduled race early when they could continue on the same channel and into what was supposed to be the post race coverage? Was NBC ever planning on showing the post race, even if it was a normal, dry race? I don't understand.

I missed the first race last year because I forgot it was a double header (my fault). And I don't get to watch all of race 1 this year because they cut away early to another channel. I guess I'm just never meant to watch race 1 at Detroit.

Uhhh...why exactly did they switch to CNBC? I had to work today and recorded the race as well as the post race. Why cut away from the scheduled race early when they could continue on the same channel and into what was supposed to be the post race coverage? Was NBC ever planning on showing the post race, even if it was a normal, dry race? I don't understand.

I missed the first race last year because I forgot it was a double header (my fault). And I don't get to watch all of race 1 this year because they cut away early to another channel. I guess I'm just never meant to watch race 1 at Detroit.
I'm not really sure why they did. Local news on a Saturday should never preempt a live event.

This NBC broadcast deal is horrible. Thought things would get better, but putting everything behind a paywall or just being an iron wall for international coverage doesn't benefit anyone. I'm actually sorry I hated on ABC/ESPN's coverage all those years.

Uhhh...why exactly did they switch to CNBC?
It never crossed my mind to record CNBC, though I did record NBCSN and NBC. I missed the last 20 minutes of the race and caught the highlights on YouTube.
Quite a bummer when I heard Leigh say "for the last 20 minutes switch to CNBC". :confused:

Race 2 looks dry.
Hopefully the Pocono race isn't effed up today.

I find it kind of hard to blame IndyCar or NBC for the way things went down yesterday. First it's a street course, so they likely have to be wrapped up by a certain time. Secondly, NBC only has so much control over their affiliates since they are all 3rd party companies (my NBC station is owned by Tegna, who also operate various ABC, CBS and Fox stations around the country), so the only way they could guarantee it was televised in some fashion was to move it to a cable channel.

So they have technical difficulties.

*Something* happens.

They come back from the impromptu commercial.

The top 10 is significantly shuffled.

They don't say what happened.

Back