2019 Porsche 911 (992)

Antarctica
TRAPPIST-1g
ProjectWHaT
EDIT:
Carrera S and 4S finally, officially revealed
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/2019-porsche-911-992.369614/page-7#post-12556578

Original post:

Instead of posting the next generation 911 in the 991 thread, here's a new thread.

Latest pictures of the 2020 Porsche 911 Turbo:

2020-porsche-911-turbo-test-mule-spy-shots--image-via-s-baldauf-sb-medien_100633980_h.jpg

2020-porsche-911-turbo-test-mule-spy-shots--image-via-s-baldauf-sb-medien_100633985_h.jpg

2020-porsche-911-turbo-test-mule-spy-shots--image-via-s-baldauf-sb-medien_100633988_h.jpg

The test mule is using the body of the outgoing 991-series Carrera. However, a number of clues identify it as a tester for the Turbo.

The makeshift fender extensions are hiding a widened track, while the gaping hole in the flanks and the cooling vents at either side of the rear fascia indicate an engine with extra potency. A closer inspection reveals the large exhaust tips and massive brakes typical of a high-end 911 model.

As we’re only at the test mule stage, the car is devoid of aerodynamic features we can expect on the new Turbo. But you can bet there will be complex aero elements including a massive rear wing on the final car.

The powertrain for the new Turbo is likely to be a twin-turbocharged flat-6, as is the case for its predecessors. With the current Turbo putting out 540 horsepower, expect this new one to have something in the 580-600 range. All-wheel drive should be standard.

Though yet to be confirmed, it’s possible the Turbo S will pair an electric motor with the twin-turbo engine to deliver something in the order of 650 hp.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1023040_2020-porsche-911-turbo-spy-shots

Carrera pictures:

2019-porsche-911-spy-shots--image-via-s-baldauf-sb-medien_100625692_h.jpg

2019-porsche-911-spy-shots--image-via-s-baldauf-sb-medien_100625696_h.jpg

2019-porsche-911-spy-shots--image-via-s-baldauf-sb-medien_100625688_h.jpg

2019-porsche-911-spy-shots--image-via-s-baldauf-sb-medien_100597079_h.jpg

Most of the new details can be found at the rear which sports a wide spoiler that spans the width of the car. The taillights also consist of one long strip that appears to follow the curve of the rear spoiler’s leading edge, and the exhaust tips are positioned slightly closer to the center of the rear bumper.

It also looks like the rear intakes are larger than on the current model. And at the front, we can see that the headlights are positioned at a slightly different angle than on the current 911.

From the earlier test mules, we know the next-gen 911 will be slightly wider than the current model, as evidenced by some wheel arch extensions. Underpinning the car is believed to be a new modular sports car platform being developed by Porsche.

The platform will allow greater flexibility when it comes to positioning of the engines and suspension hardware. It will also enable Porsche to finally add hybrid technology to the 911, though a decision on gasoline-electric 911 is yet to be made.

The platform will also underpin next-generation versions of the 718 Boxster and Cayman and possibly the next-gen Audi R8 as well as Lamborghini’s replacements for the Aventador and Huracán. While all of these models are mid-engined, the 911 will retain its signature rear-engine mounting.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1022144_2019-porsche-911-spy-shots-and-video

Last edited:
Rather attractive piece there (even though its a mule). 👍 I know its not final at all, but those sticker lights are funny looking. :lol:

Gauge cluster immediately reminds me of pre-996 911s, albeit in digital form.

The size of the rear tires on these newer 911s is becoming just silly.

The new dash design looks super sexy!!

Electric take over is inevitable.

Agreed on the dashboard design. Looks somewhat retro styled. I'm not that keen on the digital part though but that can change of course.

The current range of 911s have the rear light bar on the Carrera 4's, 4S's, 4 Targas, and 4 GTS's.

For example:

2017-Porsche-911-Carrera4-GTS-Rear-Three-Quarter-04.jpg

I wonder if they're just adding it to all the cars or if all the cars will be 4WD.

The current range of 911s have the rear light bar on the Carrera 4's, 4S's, 4 Targas, and 4 GTS's.

For example:

2017-Porsche-911-Carrera4-GTS-Rear-Three-Quarter-04.jpg

I wonder if they're just adding it to all the cars or if all the cars will be 4WD.

"Florida"

That background.

:lol:

Putting Porsche-like bodykits on your car doesn't make it a Porsche.
Stupid idea, ugly execution.
Of course not because that is not the point. It is a project of a certain guy (Greek I believe). If he wants to make a Fiat 500 look like a Porsche, let him do it, ugly or not.

There are so many questionable car modifications out there that this Fiat 500 Porsche-like little car seems very good. I for one like the idea and how it is done.

Kinda contradicts what you said yourself, but w/e.
I appreciate your effort to make a joke, but it doesn't belong in this thread, hence why the whole joke flopped in my eyes.
Okay, if that is your attitude, than so be it. First of all, there is no contradiction, read the spoiler I added! :)

And secondly that the joke flopped is your opinion and that is your prerogative. BTW, there are many jokes that don't belong in certain threads, even made by GTP staff.

I use to be you, negative comments and that is not the way to contribute to GTP.

read the spoiler I added! :)
I swear it wasn't there when I read that post...
> Last edited: Saturday at 4:09 AM
lol k

I use to be you, negative comments and that is not the way to contribute to GTP.
"Oh, a thread about an upcoming 911. How do I contribute to it? Ah, I'll post a Fiat and say that this is it!" :lol:
I don't mind it as much as it may seem to you, but I'd really prefer to discuss an upcoming 911 here instead of wannabe Porsches. Derailing a thread isn't a good thing either (unless it was trash since the beginning).

I swear it wasn't there when I read that post...
> Last edited: Saturday at 4:09 AM
lol k
That is possible. I don't remember when I edited that post. Only the GTP Staff can say for sure if I added that spoiler afterwards. I do remember that I added more photos, hence the edit message at 11:09pm local Belgian time. I believe, if I recall correctly that the spoiler wasn't added afterwards. Not sure though.

"Oh, a thread about an upcoming 911. How do I contribute to it? Ah, I'll post a Fiat and say that this is it!" :lol:
I don't mind it as much as it may seem to you, but I'd really prefer to discuss an upcoming 911 here instead of wannabe Porsches. Derailing a thread isn't a good thing either (unless it was trash since the beginning).
What do you think you have been doing or doing now?
It is because of you comment to my post in the first place that we are going off topic.
You don't mind it as much as I do? Well I beg to differ. The fact that you say that a harmless joke doesn't belong in this thread and you I'm derailing a thread can only mean one thing. You do mind and more than you would like to admit.
BTW, after my Fiat 500 Porsche 996 body kit joke, there were 4 other off topic posts, including yours. How about that.

Moving on, no more off topic rant.

I have been wondering if this new 911 is the so called future 992?

Eh, I dig 991's rear end more. Not because that's something new - I loved 991 to bits ever since it was introduced. This design is just not my cup of tea.

Location of license plate completely destroys proportions of rear end, thought they've learned that lesson after previous gen LCI Panamera. Other than that, I like tail lights, they have potential, what a waste

Eh, I don't hate it. Actually looking forward to seeing more. Maybe it's time to try something drastic, design-wise, with the 911. :lol:

The last time that happened, we got the undeserved hate cloud surrounding the 996.
True. But not even just the 996 (although that headlight fiasco was just plain ridiculous), each generation change came with hate. 911 guys/ gals just don't like change. :rolleyes:

Back