2019 Porsche 911 (992)

The car looks great but I prefer the rear end of the 991.

Same, though I'll admit the 992's tail light arrangement is pretty cool.

A very minor detail to point out, but it looks like the 911 and Carrera type faces have changed too: they don't look the same as before.

2012-Porsche-911-Carrera-S-logo.jpg

I hate the 3rd brake light, it just looks dumb. For some reason the front end reminds me a bit of a 993, which is not a bad thing.

I like the front and side, going to wait for an in-person viewing on the rear. I'm not a fan of that third taillight, and I'd prefer the bottom portion around the exhausts color matched, personally. Analog tach with the screens is kind of neat.

Are they keeping the 7-Speed manual alive for this gen?

Here's a very nice in-depth video on basically everything about the car

One interesting tid bit from the video:
It's slightly heavier than the previous generation and it's because of better crash structures, more emission filters, larger wheels, and the new 8 speed transmission.
The new transmission is for hybrid models coming in the future.

Last edited:
I like the front and side, going to wait for an in-person viewing on the rear. I'm not a fan of that third taillight, and I'd prefer the bottom portion around the exhausts color matched, personally. Analog tach with the screens is kind of neat.

Are they keeping the 7-Speed manual alive for this gen?
yes they are keeping the stick it will release a little bit later than the pdk

Is there a level above being a "fan"? If so and it is not something negative, perverse thing, I'm definitely promoting myself from being a 911 fan to a 911 ............... .

Is there a level above being a "fan"? If so and it is not something negative, perverse thing, I'm definitely promoting myself from being a 911 fan to a 911 ............... .
Id say 911 enthusiast perhaps?

As for my opinion it just seems a bit off to me at the back, as others have said it might be a case of looking nicer in person. I hope it is because I really dont want this to be the first 911 generation which I just dont like.

Cant wait to see how much faster it is on track. The 991-2 Carrera S offered supercar performance at Nordschleife.

Oh, and plz give us that car in FH4 ASAP. No need to wait for the GT3 or Turbo.

Is that long, wide light across the rear new? It looks fantastic running across the entire car like that.

I did say I was looking forward to the performance variants more, but there is no doubt the Carerra is still gorgeous! :drool:

Based on their similarity to the 991 GT2 RS, I'm assuming that these 992 exhaust outlets are also fake and just holes in the bumper - not the actual exhaust tips. It's interesting how many cars have this setup nowadays, as opposed to having finished exhaust tips. Likely because they can have the same "real" exhaust for multiple 911 variants, but have different styles of exhaust outlets and bumpers.

991 GT2 RS exhaust for reference:

beh_8938.jpg

Is that long, wide light across the rear new? It looks fantastic running across the entire car like that.
The light across the rear has been on 911s on and off for many years since the 70s and with the 996 generation they ended it, with the exception of the Carrera 4S. With the 991 I believe it was a Carrera 4S exclusive thing as well and the base model, RWD Carreras didn't get it.

The light across the rear has been on 911s on and off for many years since the 70s and with the 996 generation they ended it, with the exception of the Carrera 4S. With the 991 I believe it was a Carrera 4S exclusive thing as well and the base model, RWD Carreras didn't get it.

My bad, I meant is it new compared to the previous generation, I recall seeing them on quite a few of the older models but wasn't sure if it was on the previous gen or not. A quick Google revealed some with and some without which would be explained by the Carrera 4S.

...and with the 996 generation they ended it, with the exception of the Carrera 4S. With the 991 I believe it was a Carrera 4S exclusive thing as well and the base model, RWD Carreras didn't get it.
To be more specific - the light (which is actually a reflective stripe) across the rear was exclusive for 4WD models starting with 996.

...oh, so this stripe is actually a brakelight now? That's pretty cool.

I'm still curious why they mounted the taillights so high, since otherwise they wouldn't have had to try and do the blackout trick with the rear bumper; but it looks better than all of the spy shots and development mules suggested it would.

I hate the 3rd brake light, it just looks dumb. For some reason the front end reminds me a bit of a 993, which is not a bad thing.

I think it’s the shutlines that give it the 993 vibes. We haven’t seen them so closely follow the leading edge of the frunk since that car.

It’s quite a good-looking car, a lot better than early spy shots suggested. I’m with you in the third brake light. I see what Porsche was aiming for, but it seems sloppy compared to how exacting every other part of the design is.

Liking the staggered wheel sizes too, really exaggerates the rear-engined stance.

Back