2019 Porsche 911 (992)

Hate to think how people would react if Porsche decided that the 992's successor was going to be an SUV.

3.gif
I think this would be an appropriate reaction.

I actually like the straight line of the boot/trunk and the front bumper. Also the wider front wheel well/front fender/front mudguards, or whatever you called it in English.

Exciiting times ahead for 911 fans. :D

I'm pretty sure I'm going to like this new iteration of the 911. That "fat ass" looks a lot like the new Panamera and that is why I know I'm going to like the 992, I think.

What I like so far:

* "Ass" seems to be wider on a RWD 992 compared to the 991
* Front wheel well/front fender/front mudguards, or whatever you called it in English are wider
* the straight line of the boot/trunk and the front bumper
* Taillights
* Placement of the tailpipes
* Radiator grill (rear end of the car)
* Looks shorter than the 991

Last edited:
It's not the width of the rear, more the deep bumper and narrow lights make it look too high in the photos.

I'll reserve judgement until I see one in the metal.

Sure it will drive amazingly well (as they all do!!)

f.jpg

Red arrow; seems to be longer compared to the 991 models and more steep like the older models. Or is it an optical illusion? My illusion. :P

I like it. Looking forward to this generation. Gonna be a long wait before the GT2/ GT3 models though!

Probably three years at most until we see them.

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if this generation of GT3 goes turbocharged. As much as I don't want that to happen (n/a 9,000rpm ftw!), I can see it being so.

Probably end up liking it anyway. :P

I don't understand why they'd mess up the back end when they typically stick with nearly unchanging beautiful designs. I'm sure it looks better with the spoiler deployed.

I don't get their current obsession with blocks of grey plastic on their bumper designs (991.1 GT3 RS/GT2 RS and now this one). It looks cheap, blocky and haphazard.

What have they done with the rear end? It lost its 911 identity.

I want to see one IRL. When the 991 came out, I had the same reaction as I have now. But the 991 started to grow on me and now it is still one of the most beautiful 911. Maybe I'll get used to the rear end and will start to like it a lot.

If so, I'll buy one.

The new front bumper is probably the worst front end on any 911. It looks too blunt and square now. Rear isn't so bad despite being nicked from the Panamera. Hopefully once the Turbo and GT3 models come along with the wider hips will the new design look better

The new front bumper is probably the worst front end on any 911. It looks too blunt and square now. Rear isn't so bad despite being nicked from the Panamera. Hopefully once the Turbo and GT3 models come along with the wider hips will the new design look better

I actually like it. It's refreshingly unfussy. No fangs!

Found this in some Discord server. Probably offtopic, but I love it.
[1:20 AM] xxx: 992
[1:20 AM] xxx: what next
[1:20 AM] xxx: 994?
[1:20 AM] xxx: they kinda wrote themselves into a corner
[1:22 AM] yyy: 999+1
[1:22 AM] yyy: 999.1
[1:22 AM] yyy: 999-1
[1:22 AM] yyy: 999E1.5
[1:23 AM] yyy: √999
[1:39 AM] xxx: 99½
√999 is a personal favorite of mine

Back