2019 Porsche 911 (992)

992 GT3

2porsche_911_gt3.jpg

3porsche_911_gt3.jpg

4porsche_911_gt3.jpg

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/porsc...sche-911-gt3-spied-on-road-for-the-first-time

That wing!

Indeed, that wing.

I'm still not convinced that I'm going to like the back end of the 992.

40mm wider front end and 21's on the back (a la GT3RS and 918).

Those wing supports are properly ugly... did they nick them off a McLaren Senna?

Interesting. The wing supports are funky, but maybe they are experimenting with some hanging, top support type wing as seen on the RSR.

2017-motorsport-911-rsr.jpg

Interesting. The wing supports are funky, but maybe they are experimenting with some hanging, top support type wing as seen on the RSR.

2017-motorsport-911-rsr.jpg
Top hanging supports are called swan necks. IIRC the most important part of a wing is the underside so if the supports came from the bottom it would disrupt the air flow. This is also why a lot of newer race cars started using swan necks. I think one of the first cars to use it was the Regera?

They do appear to have the same thickness that they use on body-masking mule cladding, so i imagine they are hiding a still-to-be-finalised design. The blunt face these ones have can't be very aerodynamic. My thoughts were that they might be hiding a DRS-style adjustable mechanism, but you'd think that would be something you'd more likely see on a subsequent GT3RS or GT2. You can't see it very well on these pictures, but those supports do look like they could give scope for a wing-angle change.

Whatever the functional benefit, they just look too chunky... the profile view is terrible.

Don't worry, there will be a GT3 with Touring Package.

I have no idea why but I still don't like the rear end of the 992. I think because it looks too round, curved.

This sounds like music in my ears.

all the 992-generation Carreras will use the same body width; there won’t be narrow-body versions for the rear-wheel-drive models, and Carreras will be as wide as the outgoing 991 GTS (1852mm). It’s expected that the Turbo models – that, along with the GT models will be unveiled in the next 12 to 18 months – will have an even wider bodyshell, just as before.

Beautiful white 992.

porsche-911-7.jpg

This newer Porsche seems meaner and rather elegant. As we like to say... "me likey."

Surprised and somewhat pleased they have gone back to 996/986 type door handles. I'm not a fan of the 'loop' type and much prefer the 'lift-up' handles myself.

I like how a larger area of the whole rear deck now acts as the pop-up spoiler. It looks much neater this way. Gives it an almost 993 Turbo vibe.

I'm less impressed with the lack of body colour across the front lip which leaves it looking a bit unresolved, but perhaps there's still some matt black masking vinyl on these late pre-production mules.

Finally. Has to be the most long, drawn out car replacement in history :lol:.

And its still not officially unveiled! :boggled::lol:

Finally. Has to be the most long, drawn out car replacement in history :lol:.

And its still not officially unveiled! :boggled::lol:

The Acura/Honda NSX would definitely like to have a word with you! ;)

Looks just like I would expect a 911 to look like. I've always been more interested in the variants with more pointy bits, now the waiting game begins for the Turbo and GTx models.

it really gives me a 964 vibes. Surfaces are a bit flatter than current 911, the wheelarches, especially in the back, comes out of the main body in a more abrupt manner, graphics (front lamps circles and back led strip) are simpler. Overall, a much more minimal stylistical approach, it express really well the technological value of the car, less of an animal, more of a machine.

Finally. I'm so tired of seeing it with cover bits (which hide basically nothing) on.

I don't dig it as much as 991, I'm afraid.

This must be the best looking standard 911 since the 997. Every model from the C2 onwards will have this wide body, which makes the 911 look more mature. I'm a huge fan of a wide body 911. All the 992 models are going to be as wide as the 991.2 GTS. The GT models are going to be even more wider.

This is probably going to be a very nice looking 911.

Back