2019 Super Formula SF19 Coming to Gran Turismo Sport Later This Month

While driving the Dallara SF19 over the last few days I noticed that it seems to be missing the support struts for the 'wing' on front of the air intake. They are clearly visible on the real test cars (00 and 11) and can be seen on the cars used during the pre-season test at Suzuka earlier this month. I find it strange that they didn't make it to GTS and cannot imagine them being a last minute addition to the real cars.

I wonder if PD will add them at a future date considering how amazing their attention to detail is.

20190331112534.jpg
SF19 GTP 1.jpg
SF19 GTP 2.jpg

Anyone tried the GT League amateur hour SF19 challenge?

Fuji was pretty easy for me. As a novice driver I got 3rd first time out... 2nd time I got gold. Wasnt too hard as they are pretty damn slow on some of the faster corners. Also Fuji is pretty damn intermediate to me and almost enjoyable at this point.

Tokyo Express chicane edition. This one was harder but if you are smooth in corners and judiciously used the fuel boost on the long straights then you shouldnt have an issue.

Ironically the deadly chicane wasnt an issue as your brakes are so good... just stand on them and thread the needle. Got gold 2nd time out.

Ok now the bete noire.

Suzuka is always hard for me with the open wheelers. God knows how I golded the W08 challenge... on professional.

I'm still stuck on 2nd.

I'll get there. Suzuka and me dont get along.

This series has the same issue as the other open wheelers inc. the x2014... getting into 1st position isnt too hard but staying there.

I'm on say the main straight of Fuji or Suzuka and I'm at 310km and I'm hitting turbo boost and the #2 guy is still gaining on me.

The AI uses magic PD boost to get you. Of course you'll lose them on the corners.

I'm using a HSG tune and final drive set to 320km/h - works fine and its enough overhead for drafting and boost but probably not both at the same time but there's little chance you'll be doing both on the straight.

I welcome a professional SF19 series just to ruin your day?

I covered nearly 300 miles on Suzuka alone before I won that race. I got to the poi t where I knew I was going fast enough but couldn't not make that one mistake to help me miss out on the lead. It was very satisfying to get the win last night.

I also did Tokyo last night, it only took two attempts. Just Fuji to do and then try it all again with the Honda.

I’ve run Suzuka six or seven times now. Best finish is last place. I don’t know if I’m not keeping my speed high enough or if I’m just not driving It right with the SF.

Has anyone else tried Dragon Trail Gardens in reverse with this car?

The AI is actually competent and pretty quick. I've been doing 11 lap races for the last 5-6 days and today was the first day I managed to win from the back of the grid.

I'd encourage people to give it a go as it's a real challenge.

And if anyone knows any other tracks where the AI is particularly strong in the SF car please share it.

I've been spending all my time in the lobbies with it, it's by far my favorite atm. It's not easy to find a decent lobby though, 99% of them are super short races with RSS tires, not really a whole lot of substance to them. Most people I come across have been relatively clean though.

Has anyone else tried Dragon Trail Gardens in reverse with this car?

The AI is actually competent and pretty quick. I've been doing 11 lap races for the last 5-6 days and today was the first day I managed to win from the back of the grid.

I'd encourage people to give it a go as it's a real challenge.

And if anyone knows any other tracks where the AI is particularly strong in the SF car please share it.

I’m not good evidence whether the AI is particularly strong or not, but the Nürburgring GP circuit is a good/challenging venue for a custom for me.

Suzuka is always hard for me with the open wheelers. God knows how I golded the W08 challenge... on professional

Can you clarify what you mean here please? I’m looking at the league races, all of them including the W08 Professional Series, and do not see a way to change AI difficulty anywhere.

I think @TonyJZX means he's been having trouble with the Super Formula races which are supposedly Amateur difficulty and so shouldn't be too hard. Yet he's managed to win the W08 races which are Professional.

I didn't mention earlier that I haven't been using the boost in the Super Formula, I haven't even set a button for it for no reason other than I can't be bothered. I also just used the medium tyres.

I've been spending all my time in the lobbies with it, it's by far my favorite atm. It's not easy to find a decent lobby though, 99% of them are super short races with RSS tires, not really a whole lot of substance to them. Most people I come across have been relatively clean though.
The International Racing Series has a Super Formula series in the works but no idea when we will start the thread. Testing needs to be done for tire and fuel wear but keep your ears up ;)

Suzuka took me a couple of tries in the championship with these as well. As I recall they were very fond of a punt and lunge round 130R and into the chicane.

The International Racing Series has a Super Formula series in the works but no idea when we will start the thread. Testing needs to be done for tire and fuel wear but keep your ears up ;)
We have a SF league up. 25x tyre wear worked surprisingly well in a half hour race.

I think they need to update the pit stop animations. I have no idea the did pit stops like this, it’s amazing, they have robo jacks!

The air jack bit is interesting. The Super Formula isn't compatible with air jacking so they have to rely on the traditional way.

The robo jack instead should've been the standard of most cars in GTSport since most (obviously) arent compatible with said F1 like Air Jacks.

The Suzuka AI on the Super Formula GT Mode Event is brutal for the 1st position for some reason. 2nd and onwards is just rather slow.

Brutal? LOl, more like super Cheap! Last chicane the 2nd place driver overtakes me on the outside of the track, completely disregarding the chicane altogether and just blows right on by like Superman! Comedy gold at its best!

Brutal? LOl, more like super Cheap! Last chicane the 2nd place driver overtakes me on the outside of the track, completely disregarding the chicane altogether and just blows right on by like Superman! Comedy gold at its best!
Brutal not as in "very hard", but that very often the AI will just plow you through often times.

I think they need to update the pit stop animations. I had no idea they did pit stops like this, it’s amazing, they have robo jacks!

Bit awkward when it rains during a race and the guy at the front slips and faceplants the nose of the car.

Back