2019 Super Formula SF19 Coming to Gran Turismo Sport Later This Month

Weird to do a Custom Race and it's One Make Toyota. Guess it's the same for the Honda. I'll buy one and see if there really is a difference in performance.

Someone mentioned a One Make Toyota for Nations Cup. That's not right. What's the purpose of not having competing brands on the same track?

Weird to do a Custom Race and it's One Make Toyota. Guess it's the same for the Honda. I'll buy one and see if there really is a difference in performance.

Someone mentioned a One Make Toyota for Nations Cup. That's not right. What's the purpose of not having competing brands on the same track?
Maybe they don't want piss off both side lol idk they don't want turn into it which car is better. Lol

Reading the history of Super Formula, I can see why many have chosen Honda. Mugen engines were supplied to all teams for many years. Toyota started supplying engines from 2006.

I can’t get the push to pass to work on the SF19... assigned it to a button, but nothing happens... Only tried it in arcade practice though...

Only works in races

I have found that raising the camera in cockpit view makes it easier to see past halo. That fatter blob at the bottom of the strut is out of line of sight now

My personal one for the Toyota:

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20190329054520.png

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20190329054534.png

Second in the process of being Gazoo'd. Will do a Honda one eventually.

I see PD is referencing the F1 grid with its liveries in the GT League event. Skirting around licensing I see :lol:

Love the 2 SF cars. Just enough power and grip to make it interesting without being overly sticky like the RB Junior, or too manic like the W08. The most natural Formula car to drive in the game at the moment. Cockpit view is ruined by the halo however (note I have nothing against the halo IRL as a safety device, but it still sucks to see on a TV screen).

The overtake system is quite nifty too. Initially I thought PD got it wrong as you can only use 20 seconds of it in the GT League event (real life they can have up to 100s of boost). But then I discovered you can scale the duration according to the race length 👍 When you use the boost the rear light flashes and the light on the roll hoop changes from green to red as the remaining boost gets nearer to zero.

Reading through the SF Museum and watching the 2018 season digest is pretty interesting too. Personally I think the car from 2009 (FN09) looks better. The current car with its tall narrow rear wing just doesn't do it for me.

1200px-Andre_Lotterer_2010_Formula_Nippon_Motegi_%28May%29_FP2.jpg

Did a few SF19 Lobby races. Pretty good stuff. Cool to watch the replays and see when we each used the OTB. One can really get sucked in, if not keeping to a strategy.

One of the best additions to the GT franchise.

Back