2019 Virgin Australia Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 2,044 comments
Like he said, though, anyone can win it. If he could do it from last place, yes, with an experienced co-driver, luck and up against a car running with no fuel in the tank, anything can happen. :sly:;)

WAU have unveiled their new major sponsor for the remainder of the year. With Winning Group backing both cars thru their two brands, Winning Appliances and Appliances Online. Not as nice as the Mobil liveries they ran at Pukekohe but still pretty good. Nice to see a new sponsor in the series.

2019-2-WAU-Bathurst-Side-1066x558.jpg

2019-22-WAU-Bathurst-Side.jpg

Last edited:
More much needed aero changes for the Nissan. They should have been on to this a lot earlier really, I mean they only had to look at the Holden and Ford rear wings to notice huge differences.... and they weren't designed like that for looks.

It does make me wonder if this will make the Nissan even harder to follow than it is now. Gurney flaps on the boot lid are a step further away from good racing.

This time around, the modifications are as follows:

• An outboard extension to the boot lid of the Altima
  • An extended gurney across the boot area

https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/10/04/further-aerodynamic-change-for-altima-supercar/

In the 35+ years I've been following this sport, NEVER have I seen a change of any kind made to a car 1 week out from the biggest race on the calendar. This is getting beyond ridiculous. That's not to say the Nissan doesn't need or deserve a change, but the test they all did at Winton this week has turned out to be a mileage exercise & they may as well throw away anything they learned.

I'll be really interested to see the speed trap data at the end of Conrod into the Chase across the Ford, Holden & Nissan. They could all be within a few kays but I wouldn't be surprised if there is more in it than that & then the crying will start.

In the 35+ years I've been following this sport, NEVER have I seen a change of any kind made to a car 1 week out from the biggest race on the calendar. This is getting beyond ridiculous. That's not to say the Nissan doesn't need or deserve a change, but the test they all did at Winton this week has turned out to be a mileage exercise & they may as well throw away anything they learned.

I'll be really interested to see the speed trap data at the end of Conrod into the Chase across the Ford, Holden & Nissan. They could all be within a few kays but I wouldn't be surprised if there is more in it than that & then the crying will start.
The way things are going now I wouldn't be surprised if there's a parity adjust just before the shootout... and it won't be in Fords favour :P

Yeah, it's beyond ridiculous alright. :crazy:

Only one minor complaint. The BP logo on the bonnet. Aside from that though, think they've done a great job with this.

Kelly's Bathurst livery unveiled.

71837979_388741825398209_7969156103688683520_n-1600x1200.jpg

Also, anyone want to lend me some money to buy Ingall's VT?

No? Okay....
The BP logo on the bonnet, splitter and roof spoil it for me, but I really like the black grille. It's something I've always wanted to see more of on the Nissan. The chrome one looks too gaudy for my taste.

And nah mate... no loan :P.

but I really like the black grille. It's something I've always wanted to see more of on the Nissan. The chrome one looks too gaudy for my taste.

You know, the chrome grille never bothered me before but after seeing this. They should immediately paint the other three black as well. Does look miles better.
And nah mate... no loan :P.

Buzzkill! :( :lol:👍

I feel like what ‘confirmed’ means for AA, is different to what ‘confirmed’ means for most of the population. I’ll believe it when I see it from a more credible source.

Kelly’s Castrol livery looks fantastic. Suits the soft lines of the Altima much more than the livery they used last year. Thinking about it, the Altima is almost retro itself, lol. Been around since 2013, 7 years is the longest a single model has been used. It’s no wonder they struggle really.

The GT4 car could make a showing. It's been testing all year at various circuits. With it having 2 seats, would VASC be looking to change regulations?

Edit: Love the black wheels
2019VASCR12_DKIMG0086.jpg

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back