2019 Virgin Australia Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 2,044 comments
The GT4 car could make a showing. It's been testing all year at various circuits. With it having 2 seats, would VASC be looking to change regulations?

Very good point on the GT4 version, would be pretty great advertising for future customers.

As far as a 2-seater joining: I gotta admit, I never really followed the (V8) Supercars but love those big Ozzie old school HSV and FPV sedans (and of course those insane utes). The Supercar Mustang's look is still something that I couldn't quite get used to, same with the NASCAR Supra. Both categories were meant for different cars and unless NASCAR and VASC respectively change the silhouette, I'm not sure I wanna see the Supra in those forms. I personally like how the street car looks (just reminding everyone, my all-time favorite is the BMW E36/8, followed closely by the E86), the GT4 is a big step up and don't even mention the GT3 concept and the GT500 versions, hence my resistance :)

Edit: Love the black wheels

Holden looks great with those wheels, absolutely.

Think Simona would get the offer for the second seat? I know fingers are pointing to Stanaway, but I wonder. Or does she head back to Europe for possible Porsche drives, along with FE duties?

Think Simona would get the offer for the second seat? I know fingers are pointing to Stanaway, but I wonder. Or does she head back to Europe for possible Porsche drives, along with FE duties?

I think she's definitely heading back to Europe.

Very good point on the GT4 version, would be pretty great advertising for future customers.

As far as a 2-seater joining: I gotta admit, I never really followed the (V8) Supercars but love those big Ozzie old school HSV and FPV sedans (and of course those insane utes). The Supercar Mustang's look is still something that I couldn't quite get used to, same with the NASCAR Supra. Both categories were meant for different cars and unless NASCAR and VASC respectively change the silhouette, I'm not sure I wanna see the Supra in those forms. I personally like how the street car looks (just reminding everyone, my all-time favorite is the BMW E36/8, followed closely by the E86), the GT4 is a big step up and don't even mention the GT3 concept and the GT500 versions, hence my resistance :)

Holden looks great with those wheels, absolutely.

Is the GT4 Supra going to be homologated in time for the 2020 Bathurst 12 Hours? This could be a demo run to help that event if it is.

Happy to see the Bathurst Channel is back up for those of us with Kayo, after they removed channel 506 earlier in the week so we couldn’t see any programmer content. Wasn’t sure how the broadcast was going to work for the platform as Foxtel were pretty vague about that, but I managed to tune in for the last half hour of practice.

I was looking at the screen and I was like, where the hell is Rossi and Hinchcliffe... Then opened Live Timing to find them 26th 5 seconds off the Reynolds...
Surely it wouldn’t have been too hard to add an extra box to the timing board.

It looks so much better in profile with the rear wing.
The road version isn’t growing on me at all.
I was looking at the screen and I was like, where the hell is Rossi and Hinchcliffe... Then opened Live Timing to find them 26th 5 seconds off the Reynolds...
Only 5 seconds. They’ve done well.

There’s been entries in the past that have had a lot more experience & they could only post around that gap.

Damn I hate missing this telecast. What a day to finally get my pool (the hole where it used to be) back filled :( but it could have been worse I suppose, it could've been Sunday :)

Hinchcliffe about 2 seconds faster in Practice 2 than Rossi. Still at the back of the list but smaller difference among co-drivers - although I have no doubt that e.g. Craig Lowndes could show them a thing or two :)

Hinchcliffe about 2 seconds faster in Practice 2 than Rossi. Still at the back of the list but smaller difference among co-drivers - although I have no doubt that e.g. Craig Lowndes could show them a thing or two :)

Might be because of his prior experience at the Gold Coast a few years but Hinchcliffe does seem to be more comfortable than Rossi. But they both kept the car clean and off the walls. Can't really ask much more than that for the first session of the weekend. 👍

Hmm, Shane's take on following cars up the top. Going to be an interesting first few laps.

Edit: 300-304kmh by those TA cars?!!!

Last edited:
Well, a 3.4 surely seems like a 2 is coming this afternoon.

Depending if the rain sets in.

Part of me wants to see the rain, so the grid and top 10 shootout is a bit mixed up, but part of me wants it dry so we can see a proper attempt at the record.

Hmm, Shane's take on following cars up the top. Going to be an interesting first few laps.

Edit: 300-304kmh by those TA cars?!!!
I missed that. What did he say? Was it similar to what he said at Pukekohe about cars having too much downforce now and causing trailing cars to understeer?

Quick question: I was watching McLaughlin’s practice record lap onboard and noticed 3 handlebars or whatever they’re called next to the sequential shifter. Do you guys know what they are for? One maybe brake bias but I’m just guessing, I’m not up-to-date in race car technology, especially when it comes to VASC.

Quick question: I was watching McLaughlin’s practice record lap onboard and noticed 3 handlebars or whatever they’re called next to the sequential shifter. Do you guys know what they are for? One maybe brake bias but I’m just guessing, I’m not up-to-date in race car technology, especially when it comes to VASC.
Brake bias and anti-roll bars (PD please give us this option for the MFD).

I missed that. What did he say? Was it similar to what he said at Pukekohe about cars having too much downforce now and causing trailing cars to understeer?
In the garage interview, he said he was following "a car" across the top and he was real loose. Then, saying it's going to be difficult to follow cars.

Simona knocking on the door of the 10.

Edit: MAybe she should have pitted for tyres.

Wow! Good job by R.Kelly!

Last edited:
Back