2019 World Finals - MONACO

• Thread starter symaski62
  • 65 comments
upload_2019-11-15_20-19-1.gif

I think there is still plenty of anticipation in waiting to see if there is a wet variation of Laguna Seca released.

If I'm honest, is anybody actually clamoring for that track in the wet? Has there even been a wet race on it in real life? Granted Sports cars and Some AMA races are the only races I've watched there, but not once have I ever seen a wet race.

If I'm honest, is anybody actually clamoring for that track in the wet? Has there even been a wet race on it in real life? Granted Sports cars and Some AMA races are the only races I've watched there, but not once have I ever seen a wet race.
Surprisingly, I found quite a few wet races and wet track days at Laguna Seca on Youtube, so I guess it's not that rare:

I’m not gonna get my hopes up too high that we’ll see Laguna Seca in November update, most likely December before last round of season 2 in exhibition races.

Well damn, time for me to expand the amount of races I watched there as I clearly missed all this.
That's not guaranteed that Laguna Seca'll have wet weather though. In GT 6 there weren't, so that's a possibility we shouldn't discard.

Not excited for it. Has the corkscrew and that's it. Pretty boring track and too short.
Finally another who feels the same about Laguna Seca as I do. I never felt the hype and love for the circuit. If you take out The Corkscrew, which is terrific I admit, I find it quite dull.

Then again some people don't like Spa-Francorchamps but I love it. Different tastes and all that.

Now, if they bring a couple of DPIs with it I am totally onboard.

Last edited:
Finally another who feels the same about Laguna Seca as I do. I never felt the hype and love for the circuit. If you take out The Corkscrew, which is terrific I admit, I find it quite dull.

Then again some people don't like Spa-Francorchamps but I love it. Different tastes and all that.

Like maybe the Acura, Cadillac, Mazda and Nissan, but I'm unsure if they're Gr. 1 prototypes because I remember reading somewhere that they're LMP2 cars. If they're in Gr. 1 they would likely be slower than the other cars.

Can't wait to ride through that corkscrew, and don't forget we still have the Jaguar Vision car coming this month.

Is there any reason why there's a lack of info on the rest of the page? Seems a bit weird to me.

Like maybe the Acura, Cadillac, Mazda and Nissan, but I'm unsure if they're Gr. 1 prototypes because I remember reading somewhere that they're LMP2 cars. If they're in Gr. 1 they would likely be slower than the other cars..

Yeah, DPIs are just LMP2 chassis with different bodywork and engines. If I recall, the DPis are around 600 Horsepower or more, which would put them about 100 HP lower the Peugeot 908 HDI that is in GR.1 but in an interesting twist, not only are more powerful then the 2011 Audi R18 TDI but they are also actually more powerful then the 2016 LMP1 Hybrids are once their boost runs out.

Seems like this might be an opportune moment for a shameless plug... :sly:

Fingers crossed that the image is true and not someone's photoshop "hoax"

It's funny because I don't particularly like the track, and I don't find the corkscrew super fun (although interesting), but I really like the two last turns and the first.

Now that I'm racing in a league I find that tracks I don't like can be really fun anyways when you race against clean drivers. I dislike all tokyo variants but we had a race on south inner loop and it was really fun.

So now for me all that matters is more tracks, even if I don't love them, I'm sure it will give good league racing.

Laguna Seca is a very treacherous track. It has a narrow line and sand trackside, like Willow Spring. Lose the stroke line and getting off track is almost the end of the race.

First Spa, now Laguna Seca?

Wow, did PD finally decide to listen to the community?

So it seems for this one if the leak is "true", despite what many think of the track for me Laguna Seca is one of the first tracks I actually
learnt to race on though my main one was Interlagos but I was determined to do better at corkscrew and hairpin turns so I have a very
soft spot for that track.

I don't say no to any tracks being added because remember the more they add to GT Sport the more will be appear in "GT Next"
whenever that may be since the work is already done quality control wise!

Back