2020 Le Mans 24 Hours: Preview, Live Streams, Schedules and Discussion

Hope their new project, that they announced for 2021 will be better, better enough to score at least.

Hopefully so, I'd like to see them do well, and to at least finish the Le Mans 24hrs, as that's more than a success in itself really, more so for smaller outfits too. On paper their new LMH car looks promising and has the right numbers, hopefully that translates into good running and reliability on track. It's also worth bearing in mind ByKolles' current ENSO CLM P1/01 chassis is long in the tooth, dating back to 2014.

Has it ever finished a le mans race?

No, ByKolles have never finished any of their LM24's so far, from 2015-2020.

Last edited:
G-Drive #26 is stopped again, please tell me I missed something, surely they didn't have the car cut out that many times and not pit last lap.

From what I understand, pit's were open, just that the red light was on at the end of the pit lane, so the #7 and one the AM Porsches had to wait. Unless I missed something I'm not sure.

This is from Hindaugh:

The pit exit is standard procedure until the next safety car train passes, not sure I've seen the entry closed before (especially since the incident was nowhere near).

Backtracking a bit, but it seems all this was a bit of confusion on the ACO/FIA's part. Basically as the RLM guys put it, the timing screens showed incorrectly the pits were closed (upon entry), not closed on exit like they were hence the red light. Would probably explain why no penalties have been issued for the #7, #29 and #86 as far as I'm aware.

Has it ever finished a le mans race?
Not this car indeed, but as a team they finished 7th and 9th back in 2009 with the old Audi R10.

However that rear spoiler issue is not a first time for this team as a constructor:

Astons are running strong and at the head of both GTE-AM and Pro now which is good 👍.

It does seem there's a greater level of attrition in LMP2 this year, with little mistakes, but especially with some reliability issues. Still competitive as ever though.

@shoemaker Forecast has pushed them back, supposedly the thunderstorms will hit in the morning circa Edit: 5am local time now, with an orange warning for rain and thunder. We'll see if they hit the track at all.

Edit: #71 Ferrari travelling slowly, make that a right rear puncture.

Last edited:
#37 Jackie Chan machine has just been disqualified for outside assistance, after the team supplied a part allowing the car to be fixed on track, so another for the list of retiree's

Looks like they used the time to do a full brake change for the #71 as well.

I've got through the full compliment of commentators now, this year's winner is the world feed. McNish is a great commentator, enthusiastic and knowledgeable, he and Graham Goodwin do a good job of keeping Martin Haven in check too.

Radio Le Mans are a solid 2nd choice, great passion for endurance racing but they still miss too much by having everybody focused on the timing screens. Eurosport are having a shocker, the lead commentator sounds happy to be there though, so that is nice.

I've got through the full compliment of commentators now, this year's winner is the world feed. McNish is a great commentator, enthusiastic and knowledgeable, he and Graham Goodwin do a good job of keeping Martin Haven in check too.

Radio Le Mans are a solid 2nd choice, great passion for endurance racing but they still miss too much by having everybody focused on the timing screens. Eurosport are having a shocker, the lead commentator sounds happy to be there though, so that is nice.

I've not had much experience of McNish as a commentator, but when I have he's always came across as very capable, similarly to fellow Scot Coulthard, and with plenty of race knowledge which makes both goodlistening. I know Goodwin's been a RLM regular recently, could've sworn he was part of the RLM comms for last years LM? Very good commentator, better than Haven for sure (who comes across as obnoxious more than anything else). RLM have always been my go to for best all round commentator lineups IMO, granted they can be a bit slow to pick up incidents, but it's more than made up for the enthusiasm and excitement, (and for use of The Cult :sly:).

Last edited:
Exhaust headers are being replaced on the right side of the #7 Toyota engine.

They are putting a new turbo in it, and Kamui is getting back into the car.

#7 Toyota in the pits with a turbo issue, could be a while...👎

Exhaust headers are being replaced on the right side of the #7 Toyota engine.

They are putting a new turbo in it, and Kamui is getting back into the car.

At least it gave the Rebellions a chance to catch up and make the race at the top a bit more interesting, instead of it being a two donkey race.

At least it gave the Rebellions a chance to catch up and make the race at the top a bit more interesting, instead of it being a two donkey race.

Eh, perhaps but the Toyota's had been largely metronomic up to that point, and I enjoy seeing them battle between each other (though #8's troubles broke that up). More than anything because I was hoping the #7 would be on for the win this year, and break their duck so as to speak with the bad luck and unreliability the #7 has had the last few years. Feel especially sorry for guys of Kobayashi and Conway's calibre to yet have that LM24 win despite coming close :indiff:. At least the #8 is running strong in the lead (touch wood)

And now the #98 has a 10 sec stop-go for speeding in a slow-zone...👎

Edit: #7 Toyota now back in the race at least, after a 30min stop, not bad going to be fair.

Last edited:
Smoke spotted from the 8. Could be nothing since the Toyota has done it before, but could be something since the 7 had the turbo failure.

#29 and #63 getting crossed up with each other at Tetre Rouge, slow-zone now as De Vries has got the #29 beached trying to get out.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: Only Finn in the race and this happens.

Poor Vilander the #63 have had their issues so far unfortunately, far from smooth running. It's making its way back, but a rear right puncture has started to shred the bodywork to add insult to injury. All from an incident that wasn't of their making it seemed.

Poor Vilander the #63 have had their issues so far unfortunately, far from smooth running. It's making its way back, but a rear right puncture has started to shred the bodywork to add insult to injury. All from an incident that wasn't of their making it seemed.

At least he can move and not forced to retire.

Slow zone at the 1st Mulsanne chicane, for the tyre stacks on track after #62 clattered into them. And reports are suggesting #63 has retired after it's incident, yet to be confirmed...

Back