2020 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 1,582 comments
That is a far better update than I could imagine! Obviously the fact he is still in the hospital is a sign he is still not 100%, but hopefully this is a sign he will be in short notice.

And the Earnhardt bar, after his 1996 Talladega crash.

The man goes from serious medical condition to walking out of the hospital within 48 hours. It's absolutely insane.
I'm curious what "serious" meant in this case. Could be anything and it appears that it wasn't as serious as they made it out to be.

And the Earnhardt bar, after his 1996 Talladega crash.

The man goes from serious medical condition to walking out of the hospital within 48 hours. It's absolutely insane.
I'm curious what "serious" meant in this case. Could be anything and it appears that it wasn't as serious as they made it out to be.

I'm thinking head injury and probably semi conscious or unconscious/Amnezia for a day or so. Back when I was 17, I had a pretty violent wreck on my dirtbike. Was airlifted to the hospital and basically was drifting in and out of consciousness. When conscious, could not remember names, people etc. Brain swelling was a concern for doctors who considered drilling a hole in my skull to relieve pressure. But they decided to monitor it and it eventually subsided. 2 days later I was out of the hospital and for the most part felt ok. But there is about 2 days prior the the crash and 2 days in the hospital I don't remember.

You’d be surprised how readily people get discharged from the hospital. Basically as long as your vitals are stable, they send you on your way. Doesn’t mean you don’t still have months and months of recovery and therapy that is done from home.

My dad had a triple bi-pass and valve replaced, nearly bled out during surgery, was under sedation for almost 12 hours...and they sent him home after 2 days. He wasn’t allowed to use his arms for almost 2 months, but he did his recovering at home.

You’d be surprised how readily people get discharged from the hospital. Basically as long as your vitals are stable, they send you on your way. Doesn’t mean you don’t still have months and months of recovery and therapy that is done from home.

My dad had a triple bi-pass and valve replaced, nearly bled out during surgery, was under sedation for almost 12 hours...and they sent him home after 2 days. He wasn’t allowed to use his arms for almost 2 months, but he did his recovering at home.
I'm just saying they made it sound like he wasn't going to walk out of there. Especially 2 days later.

I'm just saying they made it sound like he wasn't going to walk out of there. Especially 2 days later.

They told us the information they had permission to give (which isn't much when it comes to medical stuff). It's not their fault that people have a tendency to take the ball and run with things like this.

When I saw the slow motion replay, and saw how bad the roll bar had failed, my first thought was Michael Schumacher.

Good to see he is ok. Bet he is sore as ****.

It's been my experience that "serious" is a nebulous term that means "this requires further observation and probably some tests, just to make sure it's not worse than we think". Better to err on the side of caution and all that.

Back