2020 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 1,582 comments
Happy that Logano got the win. Also happy that Matt D got second. Stenhouse and Wallace in the Top 10, now thats a fluke. Am also happy with the 26th place finish by the "entitled one" as he cannot seem to take care of his equipment

Can’t think of another race I wanted to stay green more than that one. The racing on long runs was great and the tires actually wore out for once, and there were some different names and teams at the front for once, mostly because it was a rare down week for JGR (other than Truex)

Hate the “EXCITING” restarts with this package. I like watching racing, not manufactured 4 wide flat out garbage where the cars are glued to the track on fresh tires. When you can bump draft through the corners on a 1.5 mile track, there’s probably too much grip.

Custer’s performance was embarrassing though. Maybe Suarez wasn’t the problem with the 41 team.

I really hate when late cautions happen like that. I would have been happy with Blaney or Bowman winning it. Instead we were treated to another one of the usuals in victory lane. :indiff:

Custer’s performance was embarrassing though. Maybe Suarez wasn’t the problem with the 41 team.
I forgot that he even moved up this year. I don’t remember seeing him at all the last two races, let alone getting mentioned.

I forgot that he even moved up this year. I don’t remember seeing him at all the last two races, let alone getting mentioned.

He was outside the top 25 literally all day, he was behind Nemechek and usually only a position or two ahead of Lajoie, while his teammates were all in the top 15. At the end Almirola really struggled and dropped back there as well and Custer ended up 19th. The inequality of the SHR cars is getting problematic. Everyone knows the 4 has a better driver and crew chief, but it really seems like that team lacks depth in engineering staff or something if the other cars are that far off.

Erik Jones also was outside the top 20 almost all day and was easily outrun by Bell until he had his issues.

Was really pulling for Matty D to win yesterday though I'm happy he got a solid 2nd. I feel a few wins are definitely in his future.

NASCAR has apparently learned their lesson and won't be doing long-term contracts with every track.

Granted I have a feeling the ones only getting 1-year extensions are the ones not under the NASCAR umbrella.

I think the #41 is the victim of what I call "4th wheel syndrome". It seems like every 4 car team has at most 3 competitive cars and 1 also ran, even super teams like peak-era Hendrick seemingly had a hard time fielding 4 consistently competitive cars.

SHR seems to be a special case though as it seems they are literally built around supporting Harvick even if it means the other 3 cars suffer (granted it doesn't help that 2 of the drivers are just above average and the other is a rookie).

Edit: Sounds like Blaney will also have a tribute to Bryant.

NASCAR has apparently learned their lesson and won't be doing long-term contracts with every track.

Granted I have a feeling the ones only getting 1-year extensions are the ones not under the NASCAR umbrella.

I think the #41 is the victim of what I call "4th wheel syndrome". It seems like every 4 car team has at most 3 competitive cars and 1 also ran, even super teams like peak-era Hendrick seemingly had a hard time fielding 4 consistently competitive cars.

SHR seems to be a special case though as it seems they are literally built around supporting Harvick even if it means the other 3 cars suffer (granted it doesn't help that 2 of the drivers are just above average and the other is a rookie).

Edit: Sounds like Blaney will also have a tribute to Bryant.

That’s true, I can’t think of any 4+ car team that’s ever managed to have all of the cars performing equally. Hendrick in 2020 is the closest even though it still seems like Elliott gets the best. Roush always had more than one car that struggled and Hendrick in their prime usually alternated between the 25/88 and the 5 being the red headed stepchild, and there’s the 20 car today.

It doesn’t help that the 41 car is self-funded by Haas as well.

All 5 Roush cars were very strong in 2005. They all made the Chase (old, 10 driver point system), with Kurt bringing up the rear at the end of the season only because he got released by the team with two races to go due to his incident with the Phoenix police. The others finished 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 7th overall. Yeah, you can usually find one weak link on a team any given year, but it's hard to pick one out that season.

I think the increased number of gears in the next gen cars is in preparation for them running on more road courses. Too bad. NASCAR becoming less and less recognizable.

I think the increased number of gears in the next gen cars is in preparation for them running on more road courses. Too bad. NASCAR becoming less and less recognizable.

Adding more road courses is pretty much the only way NASCAR can survive at it’s current level. They’ve been running cookie cutter cars on cookie cutter tracks for so long fans are desperately wanting something different.

If it makes you feel better though I would be shocked if Gateway doesn’t get a cup date, so there will likely be at least 1 new oval on the schedule. Iowa probably has an outside shot as well, but I wouldn’t put any money on them getting a date.

Well it’s definitely better than Blaney’s.

BF38D33F-6D53-4F0B-AE5B-34AAB306BEBB.jpeg

Today we got a glimpse at just how serious Ryan’s injury is.

Clearly it knocked what fashion sense he had right out of him. I think my 60 year old uncle has that same flannel shirt. :lol:

Latest Posts

Back