2020 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 1,582 comments
Saw it live and I couldn't believe it, I've felt I was watching Anthoine Hubert's F2 crash once again (the same style)... For him and his family we have to stay positive guys, he WILL make it :)... I know, a crash is a crash (and what a crash), but remember this isn't 2001's NASCAR (where he would be straight dead just in the 1st hit), safety improved A TON after Dale sr and Blaise Alexander's crash, and the ambulance was going fast to the hospital, meaning he has possibilities (remember Dale Sr.'s ambulance didn't even turned it's lights)..., at the end it's on NASCAR's hands to release an official statement, but he will make it...

I'm not a praying man but I really like Ryan Newman and I am hoping, begging for good news. I was watching live and that hit was horrific.

I have no idea who this is, who her source is but her account has a blue tick:

Keep positive.

Checkmark doesn't mean anything. Unless the team or DIS/NASCAR is reporting the news, it has to be taken with a grain of salt.

EDIT: Individual looks to be a reporter from WESH News (Central Florida NBC affiliate).

She’s a verified news reporter for an actual station in Orlando. There’s always a chance she’s wrong but at the same time, she’s more reputable than most since her job relies on credibility.

She’s a verified news reporter for an actual station in Orlando. There’s always a chance she’s wrong but at the same time, she’s more reputable than most since her job relies on credibility.
I'm just concerned that she's the ONLY one reporting this. The longer it goes where her report is the only one...

Thank goodness.

I'm just concerned that she's the ONLY one reporting this. The longer it goes where her report is the only one...

Thank goodness.
I read a couple other outlets that associate with NASCAR fandom reporting similar that he was alive, but I’d still give her some credit. If he had died before a press release, the vultures at TMZ would’ve shared it already.

That's great news. However, I don't think he will return to racing after this.

Yeah I'll be surprised if he does as well. The guy is 42 and has nothing left to prove. Pretty much the only thing he hasn't done is win a championship, and that's not happening in RFR equipment.

It would be a shame to see my first favorite driver go out this way though.

"Not life threatening" could mean a plethora of things at this point, I don't want to get too excited/relieved... There's a very real possibility of incurable head/brain trauma/spinal injury (which is something that could happen if you get hit in the driver side window by a 3500lb car going 190mph, let's be honest)

People have long hated on the CoT, but tonight it saved a life. Huge shout out to NASCAR for their investments in safety over the years.

Seeing the windshield and roof of Lajoie's car bent like that makes the fact he wasn't injured at all even more amazing. The safety in these cars has come such a long, long way.

It’s ironic because it was the exact same three drivers that were competing for the win at the Talladega fall race, but Blaney managed to get beside Newman rather than having to try to push him at the finish. It could easily have been a similar situation with the same people involved.

Also remember whose car it was that Carl Edwards landed on in that infamous Talladega finish with Keselowski.

Last edited:
Back