Resident NASCAR Fan
Premium
United States
Hope Mills, NC
GTP_Dylan_GTP
8BB07A90-F78A-49CF-BF35-7BB85599A230.png
E7CF0741-D4C5-488D-8794-C8DE75F5093C.png
A01EC89E-6470-4B3E-918E-6CEB846D265F.png

Lot's of change this year with a new sponsorship model, a mixed up schedule, and driver swaps. Also the last year for the Generation 6 car, and the final season for 7 time champion Jimmie Johnson. It's gonna be another exciting year and I can't wait!

Sunday, Feb. 9 The Busch Clash at Daytona International Speedway
Thursday, Feb. 13 Duels at Daytona
Sunday, Feb. 16 Daytona 500 at Daytona International Speedway
Sunday, Feb. 23 Las Vegas Motor Speedway
Sunday, March 1 Auto Club Speedway
Sunday, March 8 Phoenix Raceway
Sunday, March 15 Atlanta Motor Speedway
Sunday, March 22 Homestead-Miami Speedway
Sunday, March 29 Texas Motor Speedway
Sunday, April 5 Bristol Motor Speedway
Sunday, April 12 OFF
Sunday, April 19 Richmond Raceway
Sunday, April 26 Talladega Superspeedway
Sunday, May 3 Dover International Speedway
Saturday, May 9 Martinsville Speedway
Saturday, May 16 All-Star Race at Charlotte Motor Speedway
Sunday, May 24 Coca Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway
Sunday, May 31 Kansas Speedway
Sunday, June 7 Michigan International Speedway
Sunday, June 14 Sonoma Raceway
Sunday, June 21 Chicagoland Speedway
Saturday, June 27 Pocono Raceway
Sunday, June 28 Pocono Raceway
Sunday, July 5 Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Saturday, July 11 Kentucky Speedway
Sunday, July 19 New Hampshire Motor Speedway
Sunday, July 26 OFF
Sunday, Aug. 2 OFF
Sunday, Aug. 9 Michigan International Speedway
Sunday, Aug. 16 Watkins Glen International
Sunday, Aug. 23 Dover International Speedway
Saturday, Aug. 29 Daytona International Speedway

Playoffs
Sunday, Sept. 6 Southern 500 at Darlington Raceway
Saturday, Sept. 12 Richmond Raceway
Saturday, Sept. 19 Bristol Motor Speedway
Sunday, Sept. 27 Las Vegas Motor Speedway
Sunday, Oct. 4 Talladega Superspeedway
Sunday, Oct. 11 Charlotte Motor Speedway
Sunday, Oct. 18 Kansas Speedway
Sunday, Oct. 25 Texas Motor Speedway
Sunday, Nov. 1 Martinsville Speedway
Sunday, Nov. 8 Phoenix Raceway

2020 Modified NASCAR Cup Series Schedule:

Sunday, May 17th - Darlington Raceway
Wednesday, May 20th - Darlington Raceway
Sunday, May 24th - Charlotte Motor Speedway
Wednesday, May 27th - Charlotte Motor Speedway
Sunday, May 31st - Bristol Motor Speedway
Sunday, June 7th - Atlanta Motor Speedway
Wednesday, June 10th - Martinsville Speedway
Sunday, June 14th - Homestead-Miami Speedway
Sunday, June 21st - Talladega Superspeedway
Saturday, June 27th - Pocono Raceway
Sunday, June 28th - Pocono Raceway
Sunday, July 5th - Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Sunday, July 12th - Kentucky Speedway
Wednesday, July 15th - All Star Race at Bristol
Sunday, July 19th - Texas Motor Speedway
Thursday, July 23rd - Kansas Speedway
Sunday, August 2nd - New Hampshire Motor Speedway

Last edited:
Martin Truex Jr., Kyle Busch, and Kevin Harvick are locks for the final 4. Let's see whether Logano, Keselowski, or Hamlin is the last one in.

I actually like the new format as well as the new downforce package, this last year had some of the closest racing I've seen in decades. Looking forward to next year for sure!

Next years car is being tested by Joey Logano at ISM Raceway.

Again, the body is a generic placeholder until the manufacture designs are finalized.

That ride height gives me hope

On another note, Cole Pearn has resigned from JGR to spend time with his family. That’s a BIG blow to the 19 team.

Next years car is being tested by Joey Logano at ISM Raceway.

Again, the body is a generic placeholder until the manufacture designs are finalized.

Looks interesting, loving the bigger wheels which were badly needed a LONG time ago.

But I probably won't watch any of the races still until they ditch the silly format.

Looks interesting, loving the bigger wheels which were badly needed a LONG time ago.

But I probably won't watch any of the races still until they ditch the silly format.
they need to keep the Goodyear lettering though. Looks too cheap without them.

Silly format? Having been a NASCAR fan for 40 years and watching almost every race, I can tell you that the new format is the best thing to happen to NASCAR since they stopped using actual factory made cars. Closest racing ever I.M.O.

Silly format? Having been a NASCAR fan for 40 years and watching almost every race, I can tell you that the new format is the best thing to happen to NASCAR since they stopped using actual factory made cars. Closest racing ever I.M.O.
That tends to happen when you throw fake cautions and bunch the field back together. ;)

Obviously not as old as you but I have been watching since the early 90's when Jeff Gordon came into the sport and watched damn near every race after that. Even went to PIR races with my dad every year, we would camp out and stay the whole weekend. It's just not the same as is used to be, and I haven't watched a full race in years.

Just because the racing is close doesn’t necessarily mean it’s good. The current product seems far too manufactured and just isn’t as enjoyable as it used to be.

The worst part is that The Chase and stages could be great if they were just implemented differently. The Chase should have been a secondary championship like the NAEC in IMSA and the cautions in between stages ruin any potential that format has.

None of the formats matter when you can't pass the leader of the race. The cars have way too much downforce, and not nearly enough power. They are on rails around the corners right now. Take the spacers off of the engines, and let them breathe. Take the downforce off of the cars, and make them harder to turn. Make the tires softer, so there is some visible fall off in grip. Those three changes together will produce better racing, where the driver's talent matters more than the car's engineering. Do you think it's a coincidence that JGR just set the modern record for most races won by a single team in a season? The car matters far more than the drivers right now. If the new car doesn't tilt the field drastically in the other direction, none of the stages or formats will matter. The races will still be boring parades showing which team has the best engineers.

Some more pics of the car from day 2 of testing yesterday. This time in what appears to be a more low downforce package.
03095C3C-0E7A-4AE4-888E-2120D5009BDA.jpeg 44E121DE-2388-4521-815E-6985AA6FD66A.jpeg C2AF64A7-8241-4F40-ADD3-25B98378F3B5.jpeg 1EFE840F-4206-4DDC-92A7-7E42F9C2B139.jpeg

Last edited:
There’s a video on Joey Logano’s Facebook page with him doing a quick walk around of the car. Not sure how to link it here, but it’s in this Jayski article.

That tends to happen when you throw fake cautions and bunch the field back together. ;)

Obviously not as old as you but I have been watching since the early 90's when Jeff Gordon came into the sport and watched damn near every race after that. Even went to PIR races with my dad every year, we would camp out and stay the whole weekend. It's just not the same as is used to be, and I haven't watched a full race in years.
For sure NASCAR has changed, so has all the big sports. in 1999 NFL added the replay challenge, (taking away the ref's power)now they are adding the QB rule, can't tackle him too hard. LOL. In NASCAR, before the stages and before the new downforce package, 1 or 2 cars would be 1/2 lap ahead in just a couple laps. And usually the same teams were fighting for a championship, the stages and playoff format allows more opportunity for all teams to have a chance instead of the same 5 drivers always winning. The downforce is more about safety than anything else. Look at you're NASCAR stats and you will see most of the drivers who have driven at the cup level have never even won a single race, it was always the big money teams.
I like to hear other fans opinion's. It boils down to having to adapt and evolve to stay relevant, all RACING has changed across the board, new tech means new rules in the motorsport game.

Back