2020 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 495 comments
THIS JUST IN...

Chicago Bears WR Javon Wims was suspended for two games for his fight last night against DB Chauncey Gardner-Johnson of the New Orleans Saints. I saw this while watching "Speak for Yourself" on FOX Sports 1.

The New York Giants had a chance to draw even late, but they ultimately fell thanks to a failed two-point conversion and a missed onside kick. Tampa Bay won 25-23 last night.

Today is Election Day, the Trade Deadline, and the start of Week 9 in the National Football League. So let's set up some of Week 9's matches. Here are some of the many matches coming your way this week:

BYE WEEK TEAMS FOR WEEK 9: Cincinnati, Cleveland, Los Angeles Rams, Philadelphia

* GB Packers at SF 49ers (THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
* SEA Seahawks at BUF Bills
* CHI Bears at TEN Titans
* HOU Texans at JAX Jaguars
* DET Lions at MIN Vikings
* NYG Giants at WAS Football Team
* LV Raiders at LAC Chargers
* PIT Steelers at DAL Cowboys <<< PIT only unbeaten team
* NO Saints at TB Buccaneers (SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
* NE Patriots at NYJ Jets (MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL) <<< NYJ only winless team

It is possible the New York Jets may finish getting the No. 1 overall draft pick in the next NFL Draft. The New York Jets are reportedly last (32nd) in passing yards and total yards per game, and they are 22nd in rushing yards. Could the Jets join the infamous company of the 2008 Detroit Lions and the 2017 Cleveland Browns? Here is the Jets' remaining schedule (no dates posted):

NYJ remaining schedule: New England, ~bye~, at Los Angeles Chargers, Miami, Las Vegas, at Seattle, at Los Angeles Rams, Cleveland, at New England

I hope you all have a great day and a great week. The fun this week begins with the Packers at 49ers.

[UPDATE] 2017 CLE Browns went winless, not 2015 (3-13 they were in 2015). Changes made.

Last edited:
The New York Giants had a chance to draw even late, but they ultimately fell thanks to a failed two-point conversion and a missed onside kick. Tampa Bay won 25-23 last night.

Today is Election Day, the Trade Deadline, and the start of Week 9 in the National Football League. So let's set up some of Week 9's matches. Here are some of the many matches coming your way this week:

BYE WEEK TEAMS FOR WEEK 9: Cincinnati, Cleveland, Los Angeles Rams, Philadelphia

* GB Packers at SF 49ers (THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
* SEA Seahawks at BUF Bills
* CHI Bears at TEN Titans
* HOU Texans at JAX Jaguars
* DET Lions at MIN Vikings
* NYG Giants at WAS Football Team
* LV Raiders at LAC Chargers
* PIT Steelers at DAL Cowboys <<< PIT only unbeaten team
* NO Saints at TB Buccaneers (SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
* NE Patriots at NYJ Jets (MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL) <<< NYJ only winless team

It is possible the New York Jets may finish getting the No. 1 overall draft pick in the next NFL Draft. The New York Jets are reportedly last (32nd) in passing yards and total yards per game, and they are 22nd in rushing yards. Could the Jets join the infamous company of the 2008 Detroit Lions and the 2017 Cleveland Browns? Here is the Jets' remaining schedule (no dates posted):

NYJ remaining schedule: New England, ~bye~, at Los Angeles Chargers, Miami, Las Vegas, at Seattle, at Los Angeles Rams, Cleveland, at New England

I hope you all have a great day and a great week. The fun this week begins with the Packers at 49ers.

[UPDATE] 2017 CLE Browns went winless, not 2015 (3-13 they were in 2015). Changes made.
Forgot the 1976 Tampa Bay Bucs.

Greetings, GTPlaneteers! If you have no special plans for this Thursday night, the National Football League would like to entertain you with a game involving the Green Bay Packers at the San Francisco 49ers. It's the equivalent of an NBA back-to-back with the Packers, who played at home this past Sunday to the Minnesota Vikings. So be sure to enjoy tonight's game if you'll be following and/or watching!

The game last night between the Packers at 49ers ended in a 34-17 win for Green Bay.

Sadly, there are COVID-19/Coronavirus cases involving the Houston Texans as of late. The likes of Whitney Mercilus and Dylan Cole will not play this Sunday at the Jacksonville Jaguars along with Jacob Martin. Houston vs. Jacksonville is not any glamour game with both teams at 1-6 and making up the bottom half of the AFC South rankings. However, this just ties into the sad state of affairs involving teams dealing with the COVID-19/Coronavirus pandemic.

A recent note I want to share is that Josh McCown has signed with the Houston Texans to be the backup QB for Deshaun Watson. He's 41 years old and on his 12th team. McCown comes over from the Philadelphia Eagles.

Stay safe, everyone.

So this week will not only see the return of Antonio Brown but maybe also Dez Bryant as well. After he was signed to the Ravens roster from their practice squad.

2020 continues to be wild.

Last edited:
Yet another Sunday is upon us. So get ready for some more NFL football today! Enjoy all of the Sunday action, including the nightcap involving the New Orleans Saints at the Tampa Bay Buccaneers- a battle of two likely first ballot Hall of Famers in Drew Brees and Tom Brady.

Deshaun Watson is undefeated against Jacksonville as Houston Texans QB. He's 5-0 heading into this game. Make that 6-0 now as the Texans won 27-25 at Jacksonville. So we avoided being the AFC South doormat with this win. JJ Watt recorded his 100th career sack in this game. He's the 35th player in NFL history since 1982 to record over 100 sacks through 120 games. A few extra injuries and inactive players joined our MASH unit for this game. I'm just hoping the Texans can get through these tough times as best as they can. The 2020 Houston Texans are now 2-6 on the season and 3rd in the AFC South.

Up next for the Houston Texans... still out on the road. But now- at the Cleveland Browns next Sunday.

Congratulations to all of this week's other winners! How did your team(s) do this week, GTPlanet?

The New Orleans Saints wrecked the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 38-3 last night. Drew Brees tossed four touchdowns while Tom Brady got intercepted three times. Now...

Patriots at Jets TONIGHT!

We got the AFC East in vogue tonight and return to East Rutherford, New Jersey; in the shadow of New York City and in New Jersey. It was the New York Giants playing at home at Metlife Stadium last Monday night. This Monday Night, it's the other New York City team hosting Monday Night Football. Tonight's game is in no way any glamour game. In fact, it's tough to sell a game where two teams have a combined record of 2-13. Maybe you'd only watch if you have players in your Fantasy Team playing tonight. It would normally seem like New England would wreck whatever team is in their way. That was back when Tom Brady was New England's QB. Today's Patriots have a 2-5 record and are 3rd in the AFC East with Cam Newton as QB. There are not much better times for the New York Jets in 2020. The Jets had eight chances to win a game and has failed all eight times so far. They are 0-8 and dead last in the AFC East. Will the Jets finally win? Will the Patriots get their third win? Or could this one go to a tie? Brace yourself for another great night of NFL football!

--- BETTING INFO ---
Favored: NE (-10)
Over/Under: 41.5 points

Enjoy tonight's game!

It was tied at 28 at the Two-Minute Warning between the Patriots at Jets last night. It ended up being the Patriots keeping the Jets winless with a 31-28 victory. The Jets still grounded and are now 0-9. There was one season where the New York Jets finished 1-15.

This is now Week 10 of the 2020 NFL season. Before I make mention to this week's games, let me offer a Standings Update. Find your favorite team(s):

--- AFC ---
AFC EAST: Buffalo (7-2), MIA (5-3), NE (3-5), NYJ (0-9)
AFC NORTH: Pittsburgh (8-0), BAL (6-2), CLE (5-3), CIN (2-5-1)
AFC SOUTH: Tennessee (6-2), IND (5-3), HOU (2-6), JAX (1-7)
AFC WEST: Kansas City (8-1), LV (5-3), DEN (3-5), LAC (2-6)

--- NFC ---
NFC EAST: Philadelphia (3-4-1), WAS (2-6), DAL and NYG (2-7 each)
NFC NORTH: Green Bay (6-2), CHI (5-4), MIN and DET (3-5 each)
NFC SOUTH: New Orleans (6-2), TB (6-3), ATL and CAR (3-6 each)
NFC WEST: Seattle (6-2), ARI and LAR (5-3 each), SF (4-5)

Pittsburgh still undefeated; New York Jets still winless. In my last Standings Update, every NFC West team had winning records. I guess somebody has to win the NFC East. Now let's take a look at some of the games slated for Week 10 in the NFL. Take a look:

WK. 10 BYE WEEK TEAMS: Atlanta, Dallas, Kansas City, New York Jets

* IND Colts at TEN Titans (THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
* HOU Texans at CLE Browns
* WAS Football Team at DET Lions
* PHI Eagles at NYG Giants
* TB Buccaneers at CAR Panthers
* DEN Broncos at LV Raiders
* LAC Chargers at MIA Dolphins
* CIN Bengals at PIT Steelers
* BAL Ravens at NE Patriots (SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
* MIN Vikings at CHI Bears (MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)

So the New York Jets won't have a chance to get their first win this week since they are on a Bye week. I tried to include some favorite teams of fellow GTPlaneteers active in the NFL threads.

Enjoy this week's games!

The AFC South is in vogue tonight as the Colts and Titans tangle in Nashville. Enjoy tonight's action if you will be following and/or watching!

Is it bad that the Giants are 2-7 and could still make the playoffs?
Considering how atrocious the NFC East is (two teams missing their best player(s), one team missing half of it's O-line and one team being Washington), I would say it's par for the course.

I have a bunch of musings to share for this post.

* It was 34-17 last night in Nashville as the Indianapolis Colts took down the Tennessee Titans. I did not see the game, but the AFC South race is now a bit tighter. My Houston Texans are still well down the AFC South standings to have a chance at being a division contender.

* When Super Bowl LV happens in Tampa Bay, Florida; your musical performer is... The Weeknd! I am well out of the loop regarding most modern music performers. Though, I have heard The Weeknd before.

* Well right now, the Detroit Lions are tied with the Minnesota Vikings for dead last in the NFC North. Green Bay is 6-2, and Chicago is 5-4. Stumbles by GB and CHI along with Detroit getting hot could shake up the NFC North race a bit. Or that is... unless you think "the team that sucks the least" will take the NFC North in 2020.

* All due respect and with COVID-19/Coronavirus concerns notwithstanding, the NFC East should be ashamed of itself. This is by far the most atrocious division in the NFL this season. Philadelphia leads the division with a 3-4-1 record. Washington is 2-6, and both Dallas and the New York Giants are each 2-7. There have been times where teams with losing records still made the Playoffs. One time I recall was with an NFC South team that had a losing record and still made the playoffs. Whomever wins the NFC East this season probably won't go too far. But as they say, stranger things have happened...

More games this Sunday and on Monday Night!

Win, lose, or possibly tie... the NFL is ready to kick off another Sunday of football. So feel free to enjoy the action!

Even if the Giants pull out a win today and somehow keep it together for the 2nd half of the season, I'd be embarrassed that they made it to the playoffs. Of course, I'll be embarrassed when any team from the NFC Least makes it in :lol:

Jerome

A low-scoring game, and the Houston Texans were on the losing end of a 10-7 score at the Cleveland Browns. The game was delayed for a half-hour and change thanks to some bad weather. The woes just continue for the 2020 Houston Texans. Thankfully, the Jacksonville Jaguars lost at the Green Bay Packers, so we can have a little more cushion being in the bottom half of the AFC South standings.

Up next for the Texans is hosting the New England Patriots next Sunday afternoon.

Congratulations to all other winners of this week's games! That even includes a (baseball speak) walk-off field goal for Detroit to defeat Washington.

I'm confused. Which one is the fool here? The allegedly hapless Cleveland Browns, who never saw a fake punt coming (the fools) on a makeable field goal (I know the weather was terrible); or the brilliant genius strategizing Texans, who punted away a chance to kick a field goal to tie the game in order to move Cleveland back... 25 yards.

In a game they lost by 3.

Last edited:
To think that the Lions would be in the thick of the playoff race if they were in the East is a really sad thought.

Hey, with this miracle of a win against the hapless Washington Football Team, they are still kinda in it in their actual division.

I love to see them win, and maybe it just needed 2 and a half seasons, but just maybe what Patricia is doing is starting to work. Nah!

No matter the record, no matter the opponent, no matter the year, Bills gonna be the Bills. Always have records set against them. Always have highlight reels at their expense. I'm glad they already played the Jets twice, so there's no chance of giving the Jets their only win of the season.

Last edited:
No matter the record, no matter the opponent, no matter the year, Bills gonna be the Bills. Always have records set against them. Always have highlight reels at their expense. I'm glad they already played the Jets twice, so there's no chance of giving the Jets their only win of the season.
They ALMOST gave the Jets their win this season.

I can't imagine being Matt Stafford and being able to string together a good offensive performance only to watch the defense forget how to football.

I was worried about Prater considering last week, but it looks like I was completely wrong. He kicked the hell out of the football today and came through in the clutch when we needed him the most. Also, Jack Foxis legit. I know it's weird to say you have the best punter in the league, but I'll take it.

The New England Patriots defeated the Baltimore Ravens 23-17 last night. Tonight, though...

Vikings at Bears TONIGHT!

Tonight is one of the fiercest rivalries in the NFL. The NFC South is in vogue and on display as we have a little Midwestern football in Chicago. The Minnesota Vikings will pay a visit to Chi-Town to set it off against the Chicago Bears. Neither team has any impressive record. Minnesota is 3-5, last in the NFC North; and Chicago is 5-4, 2nd in the NFC North. So let's see who gets the win on this night.

--- BETTING INFO ---
Favored: MIN (-3)
Over/Under: 43.5 points

Before I make my sign-off, I want to congratulate the Arizona Cardinals on a fabulous Hail Mary catch to win yesterday. Just a damned shame Bill O'Brien shipped him off to Arizona. Hopkins' loss is Arizona's gain... and my Texans are just floundering since.

Anyhow- enjoy tonight's game should you be following it!

This is now Week 11 of the 2020 NFL season. So let's take a look at some of this coming week's matches, shall we?

WK 11 BYE WEEK TEAMS: Buffalo, Chicago, New York Giants, and San Francisco

* ARI Cardinals at SEA Seahawks (THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
* NE Patriots at HOU Texans
* ATL Falcons at NO Saints
* CIN Bengals at WAS Football Team
* DET Lions at CAR Panthers
* PIT Steelers at JAX Jaguars
* TEN Titans at BAL Ravens
* NYJ Jets at LAC Chargers
* DAL Cowboys at MIN Vikings
* KC Chiefs at LV Raiders (SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
* LAR Rams at TB Buccaneers (MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)

We may be nearing times where teams may clinch divisions towards the Playoffs. Keep playing hard!

By the way, the Chicago Bears lost last night to Minnesota 19-13, and Kirk Cousins gets his first Monday Night Football game win in his 10th start. Nick Foles was carried off late with an injury in that game. Spare some thoughts for him. Enjoy this week's games!

[UPDATE/OMISSION] Forgot to mention the Bye week teams for this week. Changes made.

Last edited:
Next Thursday is Thanksgiving. This Thursday, though, is the start of another week of NFL football. So enjoy the NFC West showdown in Seattle between the Cardinals and Seahawks!

You want more NFL football? You got it! Enjoy the upcoming games today, tonight, and Monday night.

Is Bridgewater starting for the Panthers? Because that is the deciding factor for the Lions with McCaffery already out.

They cover the spread because that is always a bit low for Detroit games, but I still cannot pick a winner as I feel they are looking to Thursday.

Well, according to a quick Twitter search, Teddy Bridgewater is a game-time decision. So maybe he starts today; maybe he won't.

Back