2020 NTT IndyCar Series SeasonOpen Wheel 

NBC's Cincinnati affiliation is currently showing random graduation crap instead of the race. WTF. :grumpy:

Edit: Oh goody, the message I'm getting from the NBC Sports site: "We’re sorry, your provider does not have retransmission rights in your region." I can't watch the damn race at all. What a load of bull.

NBC's Cincinnati affiliation is currently showing random graduation crap instead of the race. WTF. :grumpy:

You’re not missing much, pretty much the only saving grace is the fact it’s the first INDYCAR race of 2020. :indiff:

That in-car shot right after Felix's wreck as he pounded the wheel, you can just feel that frustration. That's gotta be so tough.

Dixon really is one of those drivers you are happy to have seen race in their prime.

Also, cool to see Askew and Kanaan get top 10’s.

So, that was a bit of an odd intro. From "Thousands came into close proximity across the nation today for a protest" straight to "No spectators allowed at this motorsport event and strict measures enforced because of health concerns."

What even is 2020???

Just finished watching David Land on YouTube’s post-race discussion live stream, and he got Colton Herta on for an interview. According to Herta, he broke a rib fairly recently and ran the race with it.

Impressive run from Hunter-Reay to comeback from that penalty at the start to finish in the ten.

I liked watching the Genesys 300 last night. The cars do look rather unusual with the huge windscreen. Even I have gotten used to seeing the halo style design on formula cars of late. As someone said once, Indy cars may eventually start looking more like LMPs. If you squint and use your imagination, you can almost sort of see that style.

So what do you all think about the new body style for the Indy cars? Or is the sample size too small right now to really judge them (i.e. see them around road/street courses in addition to ovals)?

So what do you all think about the new body style for the Indy cars? Or is the sample size too small right now to really judge them (i.e. see them around road/street courses in addition to ovals)?
They looked alright last night, but I think they’ll look better with the Road/Short oval wings.

I feel like Indycar shot themselves in the foot with the double penalty for Rossi. He's pretty clearly the best overtaker in the series and while there wasn't much that could be done with the track, Rossi might have given some entertainment in what was an otherwise pretty terrible race.

I liked watching the Genesys 300 last night. The cars do look rather unusual with the huge windscreen. Even I have gotten used to seeing the halo style design on formula cars of late. As someone said once, Indy cars may eventually start looking more like LMPs. If you squint and use your imagination, you can almost sort of see that style.

I don't mind the aeroscreen from most angles. I still like it loads better than the halo. It really has grown on me pretty quickly.

My main complaint now (and this goes for the halo too) is as a sim driver. I obviously don't know how it feels in real life, but in-sim I can't stand having that big vertical bar right down the centerline of my view like that. Should've been something like a fighter jet with 2 vertical supports off to the sides and clear screen in the middle.

Last edited:
Fort Worth 2020: only 1 line available (2 wide banned, let alone 3 wide), cars looking like WWI armored vehicles, NBC commercials starting after just 5 laps (then again you could tell the procession had already started...). And: empty stands? That's perfectly OK, covid or not covid. 👎

It's so weird to see them pushing the NASCARs out onto the track while the Indy cars are still sitting on pit lane about to go in the garage. But it's cool.

It’s also weird seeing someone besides a Penske driver win at the road course. :lol:

The next couple weekends will be fun with 2 double headers. I have tickets for both weekends but I’m still not 100% certain on whether I’ll go to Iowa or not (I have a camp site for RA so limiting contact won’t be difficult).

I think Rossi blowing his title chances in 2018 has affected him mentally somewhat. Like Webber in F1, it was likely his greatest but only chance to win.

Pato is on pole for today and Palou backed up yesterday with the 2nd best time but will start on row 2 due to the stupid qualifying format.

Should be a good one!

I think Rossi blowing his title chances in 2018 has affected him mentally somewhat. Like Webber in F1, it was likely his greatest but only chance to win.

He apparently hasn't led a lap since RA last year. :scared:

Hopefully he can get whatever issues he has sorted out as he has lots of talent.

You know what F1 needs? Road America. Every year they're racing there I'm thinking that F1 needs to touch that tarmac too.

Back