2020 Touring Car discussion (TCR, BTCC etc.)Touring Cars 

Agreed, hopefully Motorbase have got on top of those tyre woes they had at Brands, though the much cooler weather this weekend should help. Cook and Butcher will be hoping they can prevent the fast starting RWD 3-series of Turkington of beating them come turn 1. Disappointment for Sutton who start outside the top ton for tomorrow, and likewise for Ingram who's down in 15th, but it's all to play for tomorrow.

Josh Cook with the win in a very wet Oulton Race 1 ahead of Butcher and Cammish. Turks fell back to P5. Boardley went off at the last corner during the formation laps.

Josh Cook with the win in a very wet Oulton Race 1 ahead of Butcher and Cammish. Turks fell back to P5. Boardley went off at the last corner during the formation laps.
Update from TOCA: Josh Cook excluded for ride height infringement. A real shame for him as he really made some fantastic moves to make up for his slow start, but it means Butcher gets to inherit his first win for the new Motorbase Ford.

TCR Europe Round 2:

Last edited:
Big shame for Cook him and BTC can't seem to buy a win for BTC so far. Feared as much when the TOCA team couldn't get the roller underneath the front, and once again it's Butcher who's there to inherit another win. Means the top 3 after race 1 are now Butcher, Cammish and now Jake Hill in the older FK2 Civic.

Last edited:
Great day of entertainment once again from the BTCC and the support races... very challenging conditions for the most part, but some sublime driving and alot of hard but very fair racing.

And if you are having a bad day today, at least you can look at Josh Cook and know that there's someone whose had a worse one...

Sutton slings the Infiniti to pole at Knockhill ahead of Jake Hill and Turkington.

Saw that earlier this morning, great news to have have Seat/Cupra as it's sports brand is now, back in the BTCC. It'll be good for Team HARD to run those new Leons from next year, as they've been running those venerable VW CC's for a long-time and are coming towards the end of their competitive life. I feel Team HARD get a lot of unnecessary flak, similarly to the unnecessary shunning Nic Hamilton gets, so it would be great to see them run those Leons near the front of the grid if things go well, as they're clearly planning ahead beyond 2021.

Saw that earlier this morning, great news to have have Seat/Cupra as it's sports brand is now, back in the BTCC. It'll be good for Team HARD to run those new Leons from next year, as they've been running those venerable VW CC's for a long-time and are coming towards the end of their competitive life. I feel Team HARD get a lot of unnecessary flak, similarly to the unnecessary shunning Nic Hamilton gets, so it would be great to see them run those Leons near the front of the grid if things go well, as they're clearly planning ahead beyond 2021.

Agreed. The Passats are so past it now, it will be really good to see what they're capable of with a modern machine.

Tom Onslow-Cole is a driver that should never have been allowed to drop out of the BTCC (which i assume was due to lack of funding at the time?) I know the Passat CC is a bit long in the tooth now, but it was always quick in a straight line so should be decent around Thruxton compared to elsewhere. I would be good to see them a bit higher up the grid.

Tom Onslow-Cole is a driver that should never have been allowed to drop out of the BTCC (which i assume was due to lack of funding at the time?) I know the Passat CC is a bit long in the tooth now, but it was always quick in a straight line so should be decent around Thruxton compared to elsewhere. I would be good to see them a bit higher up the grid.

It's great to see Onslow-Cole back, and in an ideal world I'd love to see him with a top-tier team for a season or two, he'd be a genuine title contender. These days though he's very much a professional GT driver (ie, one of the lucky few who actually makes their living going racing all over the world) - the only way he'd come back full time would be if he was getting paid for it, and there are precious few of those drives in the BTCC.

Nevertheless, brilliant that he's back for a few rounds - I'm really interested to see what he'll do after so long away from FWD (last time was at the mid-season test at Snetterton in 2018 apparently). Very much a "getting the old band back together" scenario with him, Goff and the team & car. Also chuffed to see Jade Edwards get a run out at Silverstone in the Astra, going to be challenging going straight in with no real seat time but hopefully she'll go well.

What exactly is the current status of TCR Australia? The amended schedule suggests the opening round was supposed to be last month already, and the second round last weekend, but it doesn't look like anything has been held?

What exactly is the current status of TCR Australia? The amended schedule suggests the opening round was supposed to be last month already, and the second round last weekend, but it doesn't look like anything has been held?
There's nothing happening. Last I read, ARG are waiting on decisions regarding border restrictions.

That's fantastic news, and a real surprise too. It will be great to see Rob racing in the BTCC again, he was the one driver I actively followed and supported, often as the underdog but able to pull out those great front-running performances. PMR really have been pulling out the stops to get some really good guest drives, first with Bushell, Rob for this weekend, then Jade for Silverstone. Hopefully Rob's luck is better than poor Bushell's was at Knockhill and Outlon.

Still hoping Rob makes a comeback to BTCC full time, great driver to watch and it would be great to see the HMS Alfa Giulietta on the grid again (or maybe a new car? Alfa Giulia would be fantastic) had plenty of promise even after just the one year of use.

I'd totally forgotten about Rob Austin. I hadn't even realised he hadn't raced BTCC in 2020 :dunce:

Whats the reasoning behind why he's not been running the season?

Back