2020 Virgin Australia Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 827 comments
Pretty lame effort for a fan tribute imho.

20201014_083536-scaled.jpg

https://www.speedcafe.com/2020/10/14/rbhrt-reveals-holden-fan-tribute-livery-at-bathurst/

Once again, Kelly Racing showing how it should be done. They really have set a new benchmark when it comes to engaging fans with their Youtube channel. đź‘Ť

Last edited:
Pretty lame effort for a fan tribute imho.

Yeah, considering some of the special liveries they've done in the past. You'd expect something a lot more exciting than that. Pales in comparison to KR's livery.

Last edited:
https://www.speedcafe.com/2020/10/1...OnsY3o_XqibI72cLYAcZjHnwGScfdyQ7KgPKsariPhhn4

Renders of a next-generation car seen by Speedcafe.com, understood to be close to the final design, show a race car that features a silhouette almost identical to the road-going version.

Of particular note was the reduced visual aerodynamic devices, especially a lower and smaller rear wing.

The design maintains its race car appearance courtesy of a front splitter styled in a similar vein to the current generation of Supercar.
Good news.
Supercars is expected to reveal details surrounding Gen3 at this year’s Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000.
Hopefully we get to see this render over the weekend.

Hopefully so. This is exactly what Gen 2 should have looked liked.
đź‘Ť

The Mustang will probably be nearly exactly the same... except for the 100mm lower roof line and lower rear wing, which as you say should've already been done with Gen 2.

Yeah, it definitely wasn't happening. I live just a couple blocks outside T1 now and didn't see it happening with COVID.

Last edited:
I mean it looks fantastic...
2B33918A-0C43-4575-B7F8-F8E4FC921965.jpeg

Maybe supercars knows something we don’t in regards to the Camaro’s future?

Seems like a lot of work to put in for a car that you can’t even buy anymore :confused:

Last edited:
I mean it looks fantastic...
View attachment 964991

Seems like a lot of work to put in for a car that you can’t even buy anymore :confused:
I'm seeing more Camaros around Newcastle though. Could be orders finally coming in(similar to how I saw more Mercedes X-Class utes, after they've been discontinued).

I wish it was but it seems it's more to do with using the Camaro to sell other GM products.

From Kristian Aquilina ''The Camaro ZL1 Supercar will undoubtedly attract passion and excitement, as well as showcase the Chevy bowtie that is integral to our new GM Specialty Vehicles business in Australia and New Zealand.''

GMSV being Walkinshaw with the Corvette and Silverado. I can see this being somewhat helpful for the Corvette market, not so much for the Silverado.

I'm all for them going with BBS as a supplier, but I think BBS are out of business. Rays Engineering or Enkei would be my next pics. Wonder if they'll go with Simmons or ROH wheels.

I'm all for them going with BBS as a supplier, but I think BBS are out of business. Rays Engineering or Enkei would be my next pics. Wonder if they'll go with Simmons or ROH wheels.
BBS are supplying NASCAR too. Don't believe they are going under.

Oh look, it's Australian NASCAR!
How so? I certainly don't see it, and with more parts the same dimensions as the road cars it's definitely going to be closer to the road version.

Supercars has stipulated that the doors, roof, bonnet, and windows of the race car will have the same key dimensions as the road cars they are based upon.
https://www.speedcafe.com/2020/10/15/camaro-confirmed-for-supercars-as-gen3-details-revealed/

Virtually nothing was factory dimensions previously in Supercars and I doubt the new NASCAR has anything at all that's factory dimensions... apart from some stickers maybe.

nascar-recent-upcoming-major-changes-800x419.jpg

How so? I certainly don't see it, and with more parts the same dimensions as the road cars it's definitely going to be closer to the road version.
It's like NASCAR because we'll have Camaros and Mustangs! Nothing to do with the regulations.

It's like NASCAR because we'll have Camaros and Mustangs! Nothing to do with the regulations.
It's also like GT4, Trans-Am, TA2, Touring Car Masters and the Australian Touring Car Championship (which ended up being Supercars) by that generalization.

image169.jpg

For a while NASCAR was using the Chevy SS. Did that make it American Supercars?

Aussie cars are dead. We’ve all just got to accept that.

I’m hopeful more brands (Toyota, Nissan, BMW) eventually allow Supercars to use their intellectual property. For now, Camaro vs Mustang is the obvious and natural progression.

Back