2020 Virgin Australia Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 827 comments
BBS are supplying NASCAR too. Don't believe they are going under.
It was bankruptcy. Thought they were going out of business.

Anyway, if everyone in the field have a shot at winning, no more aero discrepancies and more brands, I'm in.

Chrysler 300c maybe? ;)
I’m certainly not going to say no to that suggestion! :D

Correct!

CHALLENGER
That could be a possibility. All they need is...
- The manufacturer to sign off (shouldn’t be hard when Chrysler were talking to GRM on a proper, funded program a few years back)
- Someone to want to race it (Brad Jones, Team Sydney or Pete Adderton maybe. Easy way to get a pretty big fan base)
- And someone to sponsor it (margins on vehicle imports and conversions are huge. Why not do a tax write-off program to let the public know that yes, you can buy a challenger over here?)

I would personally love to see either Mopar product out there. Only concern would be how much longer they’re gonna be available. Camaro is meant to be dead soon and from what I hear, so is the LX platform :(

Last edited:
Can I just raise th March Cars banner again? Just fo a moment.

Seriously, that's chassis is/was way ahead of what VASC were trying to do. The series would be so far ahead of the ball by now. I highly doubt the series would be where it is had that chassis been adopted.

It's not about hindsight. It was a chassis right in everyone's face. Any engine, any body cover. South Africa ran 4-cylinder turbos in their GTC series.
The series would be flourishing. Seriously.

We'll see if Supercars can pull this off. The concept is there. This is something they need to keep as simple as possible.
The rule book is going to be the next thing sticking out like dog's balls.

Guys, in case you’ve missed it, the race start time has been brought forward by 30 minutes due to the predicted weather. The race will now start at 11:00am AEDT.

Last edited:
Heck of a lap from Fullwood in that last practice session. McLaughlin and Waters are going to take some beating though.

Edit: Great job from Holdsworth but that was anticlimactic.

Last edited:
Bummer about the rain, stoked for Holdsworth though.

Nice to see Supercars actually being proactive about the weather on Sunday bringing the start time forward. Wouldn’t have wanted to have GC 2018 all over again, especially at Bathurst.

Controversial opinion warning:

Every year Larry Perkins so-called last to first win in 1995 is brought up during the telecast, and this year has been no different, but I've always been of the opinion he was never last in that race. As far as I know the car that qualified last (32nd) on the grid broke down at the start and was left stranded on the grid. It was towed from the grid but was classified as as starter meaning Larry only ever dropped to 31st not 32nd, so how was he ever last? Am I missing something?

This is the car in question.

Untitled.png

Source:

Just catching up on the action today. Lowndes almost binning the Monaro has been the highlight so far. :lol:
Am I missing something?

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story?

I remember very little about that race (I was 11 back then). Seeing as the McLeod car was a classified starter, I'd say you're spot on.

Anyone know if there's going to be a US feed / broadcast for the race? Not seeing anything in my local listings.

Anyone know if there's going to be a US feed / broadcast for the race? Not seeing anything in my local listings.
Your best bet is Superview, the official live stream. Although the price might not be worth it considering we’re at the final race of the year.

I've got Superview too, it's great especially for the price. I'm working all weekend but off next week, I can't wait to watch it all on Monday/Tues ! It's about now that I start ignoring this thread until I've caught up.. :)

With storms on the forecast anything can happen but that Monster Mustang is going to be very hard to beat. Incredible lap from Waters yesterday.

Podium prediction. #6, #97 and #17.

Last edited:
With storms on the forecast anything can happen but that Monster Mustang is going to be very hard to beat. Incredible lap from Waters yesterday.

Podium prediction. #6, #97 and #17.
You do know Holden has to win for the sendoff, right? ;)

I'll guess: WAU, Tickford, BJR

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story?

I remember very little about that race (I was 11 back then). Seeing as the McLeod car was a classified starter, I'd say you're spot on.
I remember it clearly, and so do many of my friends because of my constant whinging unfortunately. Every time it was mentioned about Larry coming up through the field from last place I'd let out ''BUT HE WAS NEVER LAST'' :embarrassed::lol:. If they'd just included the disclaimer of last of the cars that were running my friends would have had a much more enjoyable day. :guilty:

Did you see the short promo that was on before the shootout? It seems the ''truth about the good story'' is growing by the year :lol:. In the promo it's now the two drivers that have won starting from last, Mostert and Perkins :boggled: (or words to that effect. *Edit: It was just on again and it was in the bit about ''No correct way to win'' which said ''begin from last like Mostert and Perkins''). Errr Ummm, shouldn't that be Mostert and Morris :dopey:.

I have the utmost respect for LP, and knowing how much of a straight shooter he is, I can't imagine he'd be to happy with this sort of artistic licence.

Last edited:
Which weather site is the best to use? I want one that tells me it’ll rain because my iPhone weather app and Google weather are both telling that the rain has disappeared, and I don’t want to believe that, lol.

Who would’ve thought the 888 car would be out so early, and in that way. That was a real fun battle until that point.

He should retire, ay? Been a good career.

I think a crash at the mountain, was a first for him. Can't remember when he's crashed out.

Latest Posts

Back