• Thread starter Liquid
  • 1,132 comments
Palace 1-0 Watford
Chelsea 2-2 Wolves
Burnley 1-3 Villa
Brentford 3-0 Southampton
Brighton 4-0 Man United
Liverpool 1-1 Spurs

Big day in the title race as Liverpool drop points, Son put Spurs ahead with Diaz equalising in a tense game, Man City play Newcastle tomorrow, Watford have been relegated with that defeat. I stopped watching the United game after the second goal in another shocking performance in a shocking season. Burnley's survival hopes took a blow with that defeat and both Everton and Leeds play tomorrow, Chelsea were 2-0 but gave up the lead and they are in some bad form too with just two wins from seven plus their third place isn't set in stone, good performance from Brentford.

Norwich 0-4 West Ham
Leicester 1-2 Everton
Arsenal 2-1 Leeds
Man City 5-0 Newcastle

Big day at both ends of the table, starting with the relegation fight as Leeds drop to 18th and Everton climb to 16th with those results, Leeds had a day to forget at Arsenal went 2-0 up inside 15 minutes and Meslier had a nightmare for the second goal, Ayling was sent off for Leeds for a two footed lunge as well she he will miss the final games, massive win for Everton and its back-to-back wins for them just at the right time, big win for West Ham and they close in on United in 6th place.

Man City are back top three points clear now with that thumping win over Newcastle, two goals from Sterling and a goal each from Laporte, Rodri and Foden as City responded to their midweek disappointment in some fashion.

There are six games in midweek and they are all big games too at this stage of the season. City and Liverpool are both playing as are Chelsea, Everton and Leeds. big north London derby on Thursday as well!

I couldn't believe it when I saw the Pogba an Cit€h 'link'. Apparently available for 'free', not with the wages he would want. I wouldn't touch Pogba with a bargepole. As a non Utd fan, he has done very little in the many years he has been there now. Not sure what Utd fans think.

I'm with Jamie Carragher on this one in being baffled why any team would want him. 🤔
Pogba to Cit€h!

Here are the games for this week.

Tuesday.
Aston Villa v Liverpool (8pm Sky)

Wednesday.
Leeds v Chelsea (7.30 Sky Sports Main Event)
Leicester v Norwich (7.45)
Watford v Everton (7.45)
Wolves v Man City (8.15 Sky Sports Premier League)

Thursday.
Tottenham v Arsenal (7.45 Sky)

Perhaps the Leicester-Norwich game is the only game there that doesn't have ramifications to it.

Its the FA Cup final this on Saturday and there are League games on but on the Sunday instead.

Also on is the FA Youth Cup final first leg, Man United v Nottingham Forest at Old Trafford, we have sold over 62,000 tickets for the match!!

Sheffield Wednesday - Sunderland
The attendance at Hillsborough has been announced as 32,978 - about maximum considering the NW isn't open (33,800 is the legal limit).

In combination with the near-capacity crowd of 44,742 at the Stadium of Light, this semi-final has been the best-attended third division semi-final in history by a margin of over 50%!

1. Sheffield Wednesday/Sunderland (2022) - 77,720
2. Leeds/Millwall (2009) - 50,264

But it actually sets a playoff semi-final attendance record full stop:

1. Sheffield Wednesday/Sunderland (L1, 2022) - 77,720
2. Aston Villa/Middlesbrough (Ch, 2009) - 69,738

Ridiculous! :lol:

Erling Haaland to Man City is almost done, City and Dortmund agree deal after City will trigger Haaland's release clause and will pay £51.1 million up front...which is the bargain of the century! Haaland still needs to agree personal terms.

Chelsea's Antonio Rudiger will join Real Madrid on a free when his contract expires and will join on July 1st.

Villa 1-2 Liverpool

Crazy start to the game which saw Douglas Luiz give Villa the lead but then Matip equalised for Liverpool just a few minutes later and all that happened in the first 10 minutes, Mane got the eventual winner in the 65th minute. Klopp made a few changes with Salah and Thiago on the bench and Robertson left out altogether, obviously resting players of the cup final on Saturday, Liverpool still have a chance of the title...they could have lost it tonight.

Man United have sold out Old Trafford for the FA Youth cup final v Forest tonight, capacity crowd of around 74,000 to watch the under 18s play and the record attendance for the Youth Cup was set by Arsenal of around 38,000. Tickets were only a pound though with proceeds going to United's charity foundation.

Leeds 0-3 Chelsea
Leicester 3-0 Norwich
Watford 0-0 Everton
Wolves 1-5 Man City

Kevin De Bruyne scored four goals in a stunning display as City smashed Wolves to go three points clear at the top again, Sterling got the other City goal and Dendoncker equalised for Wolves, Leeds were their own worst enemy again with another sending off and this time it was Dan James with a bad studs up tackle on Kovacic who had to go off. Mount, Pulisic and Lukaku with the Chelsea goals in a badly needed win for them. Leeds are falling apart right at the death.

Wasn't exactly a stellar Everton performance but still a good point what with Leeds losing, they are now two points clear of the drop. Two goals from Vardy and Maddison with the other in a comfortable Leicester win.

Spurs 3-0 Arsenal.

Spurs now only a point behind Arsenal in the fight for fourth place after tonight's win, Kane with two and Son wit the other, Arsenal imploded by giving away a penalty for the first goal and Rob Holding being shown two yellows in seven first half minutes, he was having a battle with Son leading up to the sending off and the second yellow was just bad and should have been a straight red, Arteta was fuming at the ref after the game but the only dubious decision really was the penalty which was a bit soft but it was a pen, he was probably trying to deflect blame on a bad night for them from start to finish.

Quite a bit to get through here, but first here is this weekends action.

Saturday
FA Cup Final.

Chelsea v Liverpool (4.45 BBC One & ITV1)

Sunday.
Aston Villa v Crystal Palace
Everton v Brentford (4.30 Sky)
Leeds v Brighton
Tottenham v Burnley (12.30 BT)
Watford v Leicester
West Ham v Man City (Sky)
Wolves v Norwich

Because of the FA Cup final tomorrow all the league games are taking place on Sunday, its a bit stupid not having the cup final as they last game of the season, the Sunday games kick off at 2pm unless otherwise stated, there are four league games taking place in midweek next week.

Also starting tonight its the play off semi finals in both the Championship and League Two plus its the final day of the regular Vanarama National season on Sunday with the title still up for grabs, Stockport three points clear of Wrexham.

The Premier League announced its nominee's for manager of the season, player of the season and young player today.

Manager of the season.
Thomas Frank, Pep Guardiola, Eddie Howe, Jurgen Klopp, Patrick Vieira.

Player of the season
Trent Alexander-Arnold, Jarrod Bowen, Joao Cancelo, Kevin De Bruyne, Bukayo Saka, Mo Salah, Heung-Min Son, James Ward-Prowse.

Young Player of the season.
Trent Alexander-Arnold, Phil Foden, Conor Gallagher, Tyrick Mitchell, Mason Mount, Aaron Ramsdale, Declan Rice, Bukayo Saka.

The nominee's for young player are all English.

Quite a bit to get through here, but first here is this weekends action.

Saturday
FA Cup Final.

Chelsea v Liverpool (4.45 BBC One & ITV1)

Sunday.
Aston Villa v Crystal Palace
Everton v Brentford (4.30 Sky)
Leeds v Brighton
Tottenham v Burnley (12.30 BT)
Watford v Leicester
West Ham v Man City (Sky)
Wolves v Norwich

Because of the FA Cup final tomorrow all the league games are taking place on Sunday, its a bit stupid not having the cup final as they last game of the season, the Sunday games kick off at 2pm unless otherwise stated, there are four league games taking place in midweek next week.

Also starting tonight its the play off semi finals in both the Championship and League Two plus its the final day of the regular Vanarama National season on Sunday with the title still up for grabs, Stockport three points clear of Wrexham.

The Premier League announced its nominee's for manager of the season, player of the season and young player today.

Manager of the season.
Thomas Frank, Pep Guardiola, Eddie Howe, Jurgen Klopp, Patrick Vieira.

Player of the season
Trent Alexander-Arnold, Jarrod Bowen, Joao Cancelo, Kevin De Bruyne, Bukayo Saka, Mo Salah, Heung-Min Son, James Ward-Prowse.

Young Player of the season.
Trent Alexander-Arnold, Phil Foden, Conor Gallagher, Tyrick Mitchell, Mason Mount, Aaron Ramsdale, Declan Rice, Bukayo Saka.

The nominee's for young player are all English.
The FA Cup should be the last game of the domestic season, like it used to be. Not having it as the last game can impact on players choices if there are important games still to play. The FA Cup final should be a game where players and managers give everything without the worry of a game in a couple of days after the final.

I think it can rob fans of the opportunity to celebrate together. One of my earliest football memories is the open top bus parade in 1974 after the FA Cup win. And seeing a few bus parades through the city with the cup(s) too over the years. If Liverpool, and I assume Chel$ki, win tomorrow, there will not be any parade because the players have to recover for games in a couple of days after.

With regards to the awards, at this moment, I think Klopp would be the manager of the season for me regardless of whether Liverpool win anything else. He has a team that has come closest to winning the quadruple, and so also playing the maximum number of games over the shortest period, whilst still being contenders, and that deserves recognition imho. Whoever wins the league though normally is the manager of the season though.

Player of the year is a bit more difficult for me, as I don't think any player has been consistent over the whole season. Pre Africa Cup of Nations I would have said Salah because he was leading the scoring and assists charts, but he's had a downturn in form. De Bruyne has been exceptional the last few weeks, but very good for most of the rest of it. Son Heung-min is finishing the season well, but the whole of the Spurs team were poor in the middle of the season. The rest of them have been good in periods, but not as consistent.

For the young player, Conor Gallagher has been the player who stands out for me as doing well for the longest period out of those. He seemed to have come out of nowhere. It will be interesting to see what happens if he goes back to Chel$ki.

Last edited:
I figured that the FA Cup Final had 0-0 written all over it, and it is currently 0-0- after 70 mins.... but what a game - some 0-0s are much better than others, both teams going at it hammer and tongs.

Liverpool have won the FA Cup after beating Chelsea 6-5 on penalties, Kostas Tsimikas struck the winning spot kick after Mason Mount's effort was saved by Alisson, it was a goalless 120 minutes and Liverpool had Salah off injured in the first half.

I didn't see the game as I have not long got home from work, Ill watch the highlights when its on after Eurovision, Its Liverpool's 8th FA Cup win and I think Klopp has won the set during his time as boss.

Liverpool have won the FA Cup after beating Chelsea 6-5 on penalties, Kostas Tsimikas struck the winning spot kick after Mason Mount's effort was saved by Alisson, it was a goalless 120 minutes and Liverpool had Salah off injured in the first half.

I didn't see the game as I have not long got home from work, Ill watch the highlights when its on after Eurovision, Its Liverpool's 8th FA Cup win and I think Klopp has won the set during his time as boss.
I couldn't believe how short the 'highlights' were on the BBC last night, 😲 so you didn't see much if you watched them. ;) 🙄

Another close game with Chel$ki in a final, and it also could have gone either way, especially when it comes to penalties.

Winning just one of the available 3-4 cups is a very good year for 99% of teams. Glad again, obviously for the Liverpool win. A double is a double. 🙂 It is history, and there is potential for the history to be enhanced. but it has been a very good season so far. 🙂

I found it interesting that the commentators seemed to refer to the fact it was only the second time in history that both teams in both cup finals were the same - and it was also the same outcome, with one team winning both - but didn't appear to want to elaborate on that by stating what the first time was...

I think I heard reference to it once, and even then it was only to say that Arsenal won both, and it was an Andy Linighan header in stoppage time in extra time in the replay that settled it (it wasn't, it was Chris Woods being indecisive and neither stopping it nor pushing it over, and instead pushing it full force into the roof of the net).

I think I heard reference to it once, and even then it was only to say that Arsenal won both, and it was an Andy Linighan header in stoppage time in extra time in the replay that settled it (it wasn't, it was Chris Woods being indecisive and neither stopping it nor pushing it over, and instead pushing it full force into the roof of the net).
Is that the same game where Linighan got injured after scoring?

Is that the same game where Linighan got injured after scoring?
Not that I recall. Linighan broke his nose earlier in the game (well, to be fair, had it broken for him by Mark Bright's elbow).

You might be thinking of the League Cup Final a few weeks before, and Steve Morrow. In celebration, Arsenal captain Tony Adams lifted Morrow up onto his shoulders...

... and then dropped him, breaking his arm.

I found it interesting that the commentators seemed to refer to the fact it was only the second time in history that both teams in both cup finals were the same - and it was also the same outcome, with one team winning both - but didn't appear to want to elaborate on that by stating what the first time was...

I was mostly watching the ITV coverage, with occasional switch to BBC, and I heard mention that it was Arsenal and Sheffield Wednesday the previous time it had happened, but don't know which side said it, probably ITV.

West Ham are 2-0 up v Man City at half time! Bowen with both goals....

Edit, its 2-1 now, City come out strong at the start of the second half and Grealish scores.

Last edited:
Spurs 1-0 Burnley
West Ham 2-2 Man City
Watford 1-5 Leicester
Wolves 1-1 Norwich
Leeds 1-1 Brighton
Villa 1-1 Palace
Everton 2-3 Brentford

Okay starting at the top as it did finish 2-2 in the West Ham-City so that's points dropped for City, they were 2-0 down at half time but Grealish pulled one back and it was a Coufal OG for the equalizer, Mahrez had a penalty saved by Fabianski about 10 minutes from time. Liverpool play Southampton on Tuesday and if they get at least a point from that then the title race will go to the final day next Sunday.

At the bottom and the survival fight, Burnley lost to Spurs in the early game and Leeds got a very late 92nd minute equalizer against Brighton, Everton could have stayed up with a win and it started well for them with Calvert Lewin scoring inside 10 minutes but then Branthwaite got sent off for a last man challenge, a Coleman OG made it 1-1 before a Richarlison penalty made it 2-1 at half time, Brentford then scored twice in four minutes with Wissa and Henry putting them ahead, Rondon was sent off late on for a two footed lunge to put Everton down to nine men.

Not a lot to talk about elsewhere, Vardy and Barnes both scored twice in the big win for Leicester over Watford. Newcastle v Arsenal is on tomorrow night then there are four games in midweek before the last day on Sunday.

Stockport won the Vanarama National League and are back in the Football League after an 11-year absence, its the play offs for Wrexham after a 3-0 final day loss to Dagenham.

Rondon came on as a substitute in the 86th minute and got sent off two minutes later for that stupid two footed challenge. He didn't just walk off the pitch like players tend to do when they're sent off, he sprinted off. He knew he had made an incredibly stupid mistake. Fair play to Brentford who had nothing to play for but went into hostile territory and got all three points.

Newcastle have well and truly taken a bonesaw to Arsenal's Champions League hopes with their 2-0 win, leaving Spurs 2 points and 15 goals ahead.

Arsenal's only hope is Norwich wanting to avoid the wooden spoon.

"Our Wazza" is currently questioning if QPR gave the ball to Manchester City to allow them to score the Aguerooooooo goal that won the 2012 league title, because QPR's Djibril Cisse celebrated with the City players...

you're obsessed tv land GIF by YoungerTV

DK
Arsenal's only hope is Norwich wanting to avoid the wooden spoon.
Or, more likely, Spurs doing the most Spurs thing they possibly can and throwing it away at the death.

Last edited:
Back