2021 FIA Series Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 9,031 comments
Final standings on the Alt:

9EC59AA5-0194-42FA-AEFF-85047E56F612.png

9A0FF3EC-0E06-430A-B09F-D4BF6F4B3079.png

Well, definitely my best season ever 🌞 After a couple of messy stints with the mini, I managed to get an ok score in a lower split lobby. From p3 to p4 in a tight raced sprint gained me 170+ points, enough for those to count towards my final score. Done for the year.

I participated in all of the events throughout the season giving my best shot every time. Thanks to a majority of clean racers who made it enjoyable to play Gran Turismo this last season, at least in the lobbies I raced in, it was a lot of fun.

My biggest scores came from Mount panorama and the SF19 race at Interlagos, though I also did great at LeMans and picked up a surprise pole/win at Autopolis :)--> 2nd carrer FIA nations win if I'm right. Could not get a 200+ pts race this season, so I will add this as an objective for the next season I guess. Another goal is to find a Ps5 for GT7 as it is coming to our doorstep real soon by now! Can't wait ;) thanks to all for your input on GtPlanet-- I really enjoyed being here this last year! Much love and stay safe guys - 'Till soon - AstroVex

Shout out @KosmoKazi , who was there at almost every race I was. A very clean and respectful driver.👌 Seems like we didn't interfere with each other too much during those races, which led to great results from both of us.
-When I had a bad night, you were in front and vice versa for some other events. I didn't realize how close we were in the standings though! Ended up one spot ahead of you... Looks like the PD player matching system really is on point 🌞 Congratulations on a very well disputed season friend, hope to see you soon ;)

Nations Exb. 2021-2.png
Screenshot (28).png

My 2021 Exhibition Series Season 2 review:

Nations Cup

Rounds entered: 6 out of 10
Wins: 0
Pole Positions: 0
Top 5 finishes: 4

Total points: 1119 (680 last season)
Average points (counting rounds): 223.8 (170 last season)
Counting scores: 240 (Round 1 - N400 @ Special Stage: Route X), 237 (Round 4 - Gr3 @ Spa-Francorchamps), 227 (Round 3 - Super Formula @ Interlagos), 210 (Round 8 - Gr2 @ Barcelona), 205 (Round 9 - Gr3 @ Fuji Speedway)
Regional rank: 15th (72nd last season)
National rank: 3rd (18th last season)

After being promoted to A+ rank and getting my best FIA score ever in the first round at Route X, I hoped to be able to score a few more over the 200 mark. In the end, I managed to score over 200 points on all 5 counting rounds, with an average of almost 224 points, 3 of my scores being higher than what I had achieved in previous seasons. All counting rounds were scored on top split lobbies, getting my first top split podium at Interlagos with the Super Formula, and finishing in the top 5 in top split at Route X, Spa and Barcelona. Really happy with finishing 3rd in Argentina and 15th in the CSA region, positions I wouldn't have thought were possible at all at the start of the season... :cheers:

FIA-NC21-E2-EN.jpg

Manufacturers Series

Rounds entered: 6 out of 10
Wins: 0
Pole Positions: 0
Top 5 finishes: 0

Total points: 955 (761 last season)
Average points (counting rounds): 191 (190.25 last season)
Counting scores: 214 (Round 9 - Gr4 @ Kyoto Miyabi), 206 (Round 8 - Gr4 @ Interlagos), 193 (Round 3 - Gr3 @ Sardegna C II), 184 (Round 10 - Gr3 @ Sardegna B), 158 (Round 2 - Gr4 @ Suzuka)
Regional rank: 133rd (180th last season)
Manufacturer rank: 7th (11th last season)

Unlike the 2nd official season in 2021, Manufacturers was this time the one that was a bit more disappointing, with the combos not really suiting the Jag. While I didn't manage to improve on my best round from last season (223 points for a win at Fuji Gr4 on the final round), I did manage to get two rounds over 200 points and slightly improve on my average score, getting to the top-10 for Jaguar in Americas. Would probably have placed a bit better if taking part in more rounds, as a few weaker results ended up on my counting rounds. Highlight of the Manu season for me was toping a round for Jaguar in Kyoto Miyabi, where I had the top Jaguar score (214 points) across all 3 regions. :cool:

FIA-MS21-E2-EN.jpg

17df3e5519651-5b4294141C10A8DE92C.616336880E6EF7E3_message_419961427874680_1640474327635.jpg

Final thoughts

My goal for this season was to continue to make progress with my DR, pace and results. I managed to get to A+ rank and stay there throughout the season, made a step forwards in terms of pace and went from 1 200+ result last season to 7 out of 10 200+ rounds this season. In the Nations Cup, had all 5 rounds over 200, frequently getting solid results in top split lobbies and finishing in the top-15 in the region. So, really really happy with the progress made!

As usual, thanks to @Mistah_MCA for his strategy guides and GTP members who I shared races with. Also, thanks to all the community sharing their FIA experiences here in the forum! :cheers:

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
So closed out my season in previously described standard form. Ability to get speed tempered by a smattering of mistakes. But it was a good season, and aside from a few of my usual poor racecraft decisions costing me a bit here and there I was happy. Got my first ever 200 point score and had a couple really good back and forth races here and there.

A huge shout out to all the really fast kiwis who avoided Nations due to a certain person. Makes my score from my 7 rounds look awesome.
Screenshot_20211230-093751_Samsung Internet.jpg

Let's have fun with whatever mess we get in the next season.

Doesn't surprise me that we haven't heard anything yet. Probably won't know until 4pm Tuesday ;)

Seriously though, IF FIA is no longer part of the online championship, i assume there needs to be a software update to remove all the branding and loading screens etc? Remove the fanfare and animation of the FIA 'poo on legs' trophy as my son calls it? :lol:

The event's white background seems to give readability problems - you have to highlight them:
1643362525896.png

1643362537860.png

There's also no news announcement about this, too.

That's the hidden text. I doubt that they'll start an "official" season in the first weeks of GT7, so we probably won't get any "serious" racing before at least 2 months. SMH

"Road to GT7' Series

This is a special championship leading up to the release of Gran Turismo 7 on 4 March. Official races will soon move from Gran Turismo Sport to GT7. Sit back, relax, and enjoy this unique and final series in GT Sport!"

Think I might give the Suzuka Gr.3 and Alsace Gr.4 race a go just for fun.

Will be using a manufacturer that I'm not used to in Sport Mode as I'm going to pretend that I signed with a manufacturer.

Back