2021 FIA Series Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 9,031 comments
I think I will pass; not really very interesting races and especially not found of the tuning. Without tuning i think I would have done the GR3 and Gr 4 races. For those who will participate; good luck and have fun!

See you all at GT7, i hope!!!

Last edited:
The event's white background seems to give readability problems - you have to highlight them:
View attachment 1108861
View attachment 1108862

There's also no news announcement about this, too.
Readability issues now fixed:
1643621842035.png

1643621864627.png

Alright I'm done with my last dance liveries and the manufacturer that I'll be using for the Suzuka Gr.3 and Alsace Gr.4 race is...

20220131165608.jpg

You may wonder why Honda and well let's just say it was part of a bet which I'll explain here in this spoiler tag. Here's to hoping I have a good time with the NSXes and I plan to do the two races in my alt account.

So it all started during last season's F1 where me and my friend had a bet. The bet was if Lewis Hamilton wins the Drivers title my friend would then have to drive for Mercedes for the Manufacturer Series while if Max wins I would then have to drive for Honda. And since the latter won I then will be driving for Honda this year but on my alternate account as my friend doesn't mind it as he wants to see me follow through with the bet and hence here we are I'm driving the Honda NSX Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars for this finale.

I've got a tune for the F50 that's only one second off my top time with the GT40, in case anyone wants to reenact the Ferrari vs. Ford battle. :lol:

It can probably be fine tuned a bit more, I'm no expert. Note: early power turns the car.

Edit: In the meantime, managed to bring my optimal down below 2:14.xxx

F50 time.png F50 tune1.png F50 tune2.png

Last edited:
Alright I'm done with my last dance liveries and the manufacturer that I'll be using for the Suzuka Gr.3 and Alsace Gr.4 race is...

View attachment 1109659

You may wonder why Honda and well let's just say it was part of a bet which I'll explain here in this spoiler tag. Here's to hoping I have a good time with the NSXes and I plan to do the two races in my alt account.

So it all started during last season's F1 where me and my friend had a bet. The bet was if Lewis Hamilton wins the Drivers title my friend would then have to drive for Mercedes for the Manufacturer Series while if Max wins I would then have to drive for Honda. And since the latter won I then will be driving for Honda this year but on my alternate account as my friend doesn't mind it as he wants to see me follow through with the bet and hence here we are I'm driving the Honda NSX Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars for this finale.
Fair play and good looking cars. Seeing how and why it ended the way it did, I'd have called the bet null and void.

Fair play and good looking cars. Seeing how and why it ended the way it did, I'd have called the bet null and void.
Funnily enough he did tell me that its ok that I don't have to follow through with the bet as that happened but I went through with it anyway since I'm a man of my word and its useful for me at least as I wanna try and be acclimatized with the Honda NSX race cars.

Slot 1: Thrown into Top Split as usual, so wasn't expecting much from this one. Qualified and finished 18th in a largely uneventful race.

Slot 2: Had a slightly better result, qualifying and finishing 15th. I tried tweaking the gearbox and diff setups before this slot, and didn't like the changes, so I put the gearbox back to the setting I previously used, but forgot to put the diff setting back, with the result being a car that was way too wobbly when braking - especially for the first and final turns. Without that brain fart, I probably could've finished another spot or 2 ahead.

Slot 3: I messed around with the gearbox again to try to shrink the gap between 4th and 5th gear in order to not fall out of the powerband when shifting to 5th. I'd noticed in the previous 2 races that I would lose time every time I shifted up to 5th. Even if I was pulling away from the car behind initially, almost every single time I'd shift into top gear, the gap would start to shrink. After changing the gearbox settings, I immediately went 0.4s quicker in practice. In the actual race itself, I qualified 13th and finished 11th for 188 points.

Slot 4: 7 people disconnected during matching, so I was able to qualify and finish 2nd for 258 points. I tried to keep up with the polesitter, but I lost the slipstream after a couple laps thanks to a terrible exit out of the right-hander after the penalty straight. It turns out 3rd gear was too short, and 4th gear was too long for the exit of that corner, so even getting a perfect exit would still cost me time as my car briefly bogged down. This also helped 3rd and 4th keep up with me and pass me before we pitted. After pitting on Lap 7 I was able to jump them in the pits to retake 2nd, but eventually fell back to 3rd once again. It turned out that 2nd had to do some major fuel saving and I eventually retook 2nd at the beginning of Sector 3, and held on until the end.

Slot 4: 7 people disconnected during matching,
Wait you didn't get DC'd? 😭

Welp ladies and gentlemen after the last official series concluded I went off to iRacing to get shouted at because people don't use their mirrors/spotters or relative screens but yesterday

1644164212957.png

GT40 it was. I was the most comfortable in it although my execution on T1 was terrible.

Slot 1: Praying to not be in top split, I was lol. I did my best qualifying time I've done all week, but was only good for 17th. I only improved because someone died during the race, but 16th it was. Nothing really eventful.

Slot 2: This race was fun. Not as much of a top split as the last slot in terms of point but still outmatched and plenty of points on offer. Qualified 13th. The group in front of me was just barely out of my reach for slip, but then they started battling and got within their slip. I managed to save more fuel than most so I gained some spots. In the end I think I had a shot for 9th on merit (guy slowed down at the end, assuming he ran out of fuel), but the guy behind me into the docks had the same idea for 10th so my attention turned into defense instead of offense. Ended this slot 9th and basically gained the DR I lost from slot 1.

Slot 3: This one was a bit of a head scratcher. My qualifying wasn't terrible in terms of time, but I was thrown down into 18th. Even if I ran my usual 15.0 it still would have only been good for 16th and the lobby wasn't as strong as the first two slots. On top of this during the first few laps people around me were battling instead of working together, I made dumb mistakes undoing what I already gained, and I was running about a second slower than I know I was capable of. Being slick, I pitted at the end of lap 3 and opted for clear track. This almost worked. I eventually just banged out qualy laps and wound up 12th, but the last two laps I really had to save as I was in jeopardy of not making it. 0.0 across the line I finished 12th. On the surface not a great result but the strategy and racecraft I pulled off was ace.

Slot 4: Loading, loading, loading...........disconnected from network

Last call: Welp it was make or break here. And I was on for a good qualy lap on my first lap, but some idiot in a Ferrari coming out of the pits decided to not give way, this made me hit him and ruined my lap, then he had the nerve to just leave the lobby! 🤬🤬🤬. On top of it, the slip I broke behind me they got it back, so not worrying about it, hoping they knew the unwritten rule of using someone's slip in qualy, I went on about my business. Then the guy using my slip had the audacity to send it on the inside of me in qualy, out breaking himself and luckily for me not losing much time, if any. Then into the hairpin I knew he was up to no good so I had to pretend I was in the race and place my car in a defensive position. He tries a push to pass on me. Being irate at his poor etiquette I door checked him to the point he had a decision to make, hit the wall and die or back off and let me go. He chose the latter. I somehow qualified 3rd after all these shenanigans. Race itself was rather uneventful. The gap the top two were pulling on me was the same I was pulling on those behind me 😂. Ironically, in a rare situation that qualy was more eventful than the race I came home 3rd with 279 points.

I'll post both streams. The first link is slots 1-3, with a replay of slot 2. and the last link is the last slot.

ROAD TO 70K DR

Slot 3:
Fresh off a 2.5hr stint in iRacing I had some dinner before jumping on the 3rd slot, my first for the night. I had a pen in qualifying but was able to bump back to 9th at the end. Attrition played its role.....including me. Into 130R I underestimated the dirty air, I clipped the dirty outer part and was a passenger at that point, while in the process completely obliterating @OutlawQuadrnt 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ (again I'm so sorry dude!) Although it probably didn't mean anything at the time, I gave the spot back to Outlaw, and was back to 12th. Then attrition and sorts played its part again and it brought me back to 6th battling with my teammate for 5th. I actually thought about undercuting him, but he played that card so I was on for another lap on Softs. I just managed to get by him on the pit exit. We battled on and came home 5th and outlaw came in 3rd. Maybe cost him 2nd 😬

Slot 4: I was a little over 200 points away from 70K so it was time to put it all on the line on this slot. Qualified 5th, then I was naughty and false started, but oddly it helped with the launch of the car 😂 . I forgot to turn the aero up a little from qualy to the race so I was pretty edgey in the beginning and fell to 6th. Then Grove died, up to 5th, then up to 4th. Then on the middle stint we were catching someone on mediums, and although it was hard racing, I was almost put in the grass/dirty arear of the track numerous times. It was time for Senna warfare. Into the Cascio triangle I stuck my nose in and said either give room or go for a ride, well...... let's just say I held my ground and wasn't feeling any remorse lol. Came home 3rd and 70,599!

Sadly with me going to Florida the next two weeks, I will be missing the last two rounds, which is a shame because I love go-karts in GTS for some odd reason. But I got my goal and it's coming with me to GT7! XD

Slot 4: I was a little over 200 points away from 70K so it was time to put it all on the line on this slot. Qualified 5th, then I was naughty and false started, but oddly it helped with the launch of the car 😂 . I forgot to turn the aero up a little from qualy to the race so I was pretty edgey in the beginning and fell to 6th. Then Grove died, up to 5th, then up to 4th. Then on the middle stint we were catching someone on mediums, and although it was hard racing, I was almost put in the grass/dirty arear of the track numerous times. It was time for Senna warfare. Into the Cascio triangle I stuck my nose in and said either give room or go for a ride, well...... let's just say I held my ground and wasn't feeling any remorse lol. Came home 3rd and 70,599!

I will concede that the last bump from me at 130R was probably over the line. But be it that it may with the draft model being garbage, it wasn't like I had much of a choice but to defend hard. Honestly I thought I did a pretty good job until you decided to just not even try at the hitachi chicane. Calling it senna warfare, smdh.

But it's a series where nothing is on the line, so it's like eh whatever just send it. We're all good though, peace and love.

Last edited:
ROAD TO 70K DR

Slot 3:
Fresh off a 2.5hr stint in iRacing I had some dinner before jumping on the 3rd slot, my first for the night. I had a pen in qualifying but was able to bump back to 9th at the end. Attrition played its role.....including me. Into 130R I underestimated the dirty air, I clipped the dirty outer part and was a passenger at that point, while in the process completely obliterating @OutlawQuadrnt 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ (again I'm so sorry dude!) Although it probably didn't mean anything at the time, I gave the spot back to Outlaw, and was back to 12th. Then attrition and sorts played its part again and it brought me back to 6th battling with my teammate for 5th. I actually thought about undercuting him, but he played that card so I was on for another lap on Softs. I just managed to get by him on the pit exit. We battled on and came home 5th and outlaw came in 3rd. Maybe cost him 2nd 😬

Sadly with me going to Florida the next two weeks, I will be missing the last two rounds, which is a shame because I love go-karts in GTS for some odd reason. But I got my goal and it's coming with me to GT7! XD

"he left me no choice"

did you watch your own replay? There is no one trying to force you off, there is a great battle where both of you show respect until you just kill him..

Last edited:
"he left me no choice"

did you watch your own replay? There is no one trying to force you off, there is a great battle where both of you show respect until you just kill him.

As in the draft model is so bad that I have to play hardball otherwise the Aston would just drive by me if I didn't try.

It's fine though, upset immediately post race but now it's like eh whatever. Roman's good. Don't make it into something it's not.

Last edited:
As in the draft model is so bad that I have to play hardball otherwise the Aston would just drive by me if I didn't try.

It's fine though, upset immediately post race but now it's like eh whatever. Roman's good. Don't make it into something it's not.
I am just commenting on what I see and it's a dirty move with a confession to top it off. The car defending is doing everything by the book.

ROAD TO 70K DR

Slot 3:

Oh, so that's what it looked like from your vantage point. Not even anyone on my stream knew at the time what had happened. 🤣

Eh, only cost me one spot and had more fun clawing back to podium. I will say that I did a tiny lift at 130R behind someone just about every single time because the risk of having the nose wash out wasn't worth the extra bit of speed. For the record, I used Dood's tune as is for the race and it's the closest experience I've had to how cars drove in GT5/6. Wish I had the time to tinker with the set-up.

Anyways, my perspective from that race:

A nice way to end my GT Sport Official Races (will be away from home over the next two weekends). Opted to run the Vette in a lobby largely filled with DBR9's. Got a great start and avoided the chaos to run as high as second before my pit strategy came into play.

Came home in 6th (second of the non Aston Martins) with a nice points haul and a nice boost to my DR before the data is transferred over to GT7.

A little late, but...

Background: I suck at making other people's tunes work for myself, and I've never driven another person's setup and been faster with it than my own setup, so I used my own tune in the DBR9. I tried to make my trusty Corvette work, and while on a good lap I could get within 0.1s of my best time in the Aston, I couldn't do it consistently enough in race trim to justify using it over the DBR9. I used it for all attempts, and went with 2H/7M/7S for every race. I also apparently suck at making my own tunes, because I was way off the pace of the people on my friend's list I'm usually quicker than. I wasn't expecting to get a result good enough to count at the end of the season, but I wanted to get a decent score to have a "banker" result in case the karting round didn't go as well as expected.

Slot 1: Qualified 19th and dead last in a 401-point Top Split, less than 0.1s off of 18th, but more than 1s off of 16th, so I wasn't expecting good things. Surprisingly made up 6 spots throughout the race just by staying on track and picking off people who made mistakes, and finished 13th for a surprising 201 points. Given how well I did in this first slot, I figured I could do even better in 3rd slot.

Slot 3: I skipped Slot 2 as that is also usually a round that's too stacked for me to do well, and I didn't feel like I needed the practice, so I hopped into Slot 3 and qualified 15th and finished 11th for I think 188 points in another quiet race (aside from nearly spinning myself and probably giving @Roman_GT23 a heart attack coming out of the hairpin - sorry about that!). This was less than the 200 that was my minimum goal, so again I went.

Slot 4: Qualified 12th and had a decent start, then outbraked myself going into the chicane at the end of Lap 2, just before pitting. As I slid back on track I accidentally knocked off someone at the exit, so I waited for him to rejoin in front of me before pitting. That stupid error cost me a likely 7th place, which would've been enough for me to call it a night, and instead I had to settle for 9th for exactly 200 points. I knew I could do even better, so I went for the final slot.

Slot 5: Qualified 7th, but still elected to start on Hards, and once again made a dumb error just before pitting. This time it was running wide at 130R and then once again outbraking myself into the chicane due to dirty tires. At least this time no one was around to accidentally punt off. I thought for sure my race was ruined, but I kept my head down for the rest of the race and ultimately made it back up to 7th on the final lap, when someone binned it at the chicane and promoted me to 6th for 221 points.

Last edited:
Jus

Just out of curiosity, did you think you'd hold him off on harder tires for 5 laps? I would've given him the inside to the hairpin, played the long game on those behind me. You were in a great spot already.

And Roman, yeesh...you been hanging out with mkm too much. LOL. He was defending pretty clean. Annoying, but clean.

Jus

Just out of curiosity, did you think you'd hold him off on harder tires for 5 laps? I would've given him the inside to the hairpin, played the long game on those behind me. You were in a great spot already.

And Roman, yeesh...you been hanging out with mkm too much. LOL. He was defending pretty clean. Annoying, but clean.
My goose was cooked with taking the softs in the opening stint and just not being able to bridge the gap to Grove and i think Rush as they drove away from the pack in the opening stint after going from like 9th to 3th in the first two laps. So at that point it was either lay down and get killed by the power disadvantage or try to make the most of it. I feel like I got the defensive toolset to where it might've gotten me a extra spot or two compared to where I landed at the end of the race. But the hitachi chicane having those tires in the middle of the island put me in a bad spot when I was left no chance to really turn in.

Also you're welcome for sixth in last slot @GTWolverine lol

Sorry for being MIA. Driving 17hrs plus another 2 for work and yadi yadi yada....at least it's sunny and warm here in Florida.
I am just commenting on what I see and it's a dirty move with a confession to top it off. The car defending is doing everything by the book.
Well let's take a step back and look at it. Into the hairpin, a bit annoying spooking someone into the grass, but fair. Annoyed but fair. Into spoon I had a look but decided no. I did count that in one of the 3 strikes but I'll take it back. Like crashbroke said. Upset immediately after when adrenaline is still redlining. Now.....meh. Don't make a big deal out of it. But into 130R I felt it was a Verstappen like move and gloves were off in the heat of the moment. Could I have been nice and not stuck my nose in Casio, sure, and level headed me, or even if that was the first what the encounter I wouldn't have done it. I'm not defending what I did. It's just what's the context leading up to that and what boundaries are we going by? Verstappen or someone calm like LeClerc/Russel etc.
Slot 3: I skipped Slot 2 as that is also usually a round that's too stacked for me to do well, and I didn't feel like I needed the practice, so I hopped into Slot 3 and qualified 15th and finished 11th for I think 188 points in another quiet race (aside from nearly spinning myself and probably giving @Roman_GT23 a heart attack coming out of the hairpin - sorry about that!). This was less than the 200 that was my minimum goal, so again I went.
I'm going to be honest I don't even remember that :lol:. I was feeling terrible what I did to Outlaw and was just focusing on clawing back as much as I could.
hahahahaha. This made me laugh. I know his reputation and yeah maybe. But, if you don't piss him off he's a pretty interesting character. I've been racing with him long enough he made me one of theirs. Idk it's an acquired taste I guess.
My goose was cooked with taking the softs in the opening stint and just not being able to bridge the gap to Grove and i think Rush as they drove away from the pack in the opening stint after going from like 9th to 3th in the first two laps. So at that point it was either lay down and get killed by the power disadvantage or try to make the most of it. I feel like I got the defensive toolset to where it might've gotten me a extra spot or two compared to where I landed at the end of the race. But the hitachi chicane having those tires in the middle of the island put me in a bad spot when I was left no chance to really turn in.

Also you're welcome for sixth in last slot @GTWolverine lol
I think it could have worked if you qualified higher or got through the field quicker. I could have squeezed you at Spoon when you got on my inside but I decided it was way too early to be defending that hard and let you go. Seeing your pace I knew you were on a different tire strategy to me. I kind of get why you defended so hard before our ke-fluffle. Make me burn the softs too soon that the advantage is gone. Reason why I got heated and threw that move at you was I gave respect on different tires but I expected the same in return if the roles reverse. Didn't happen but w.e. Probably could have finished behind me and ahead of that one Dstinct guy but that's always in hindsight. I've raced with you like a million times drowning in the back of top split to know that you're not dirty. Just want to shake hands and move on. I have a ton of list on my shadow realm VIP list and you're nowhere near making that list.......gosh maybe I do need to stop hanging out with MKM so much :D

I think it could have worked if you qualified higher or got through the field quicker. I could have squeezed you at Spoon when you got on my inside but I decided it was way too early to be defending that hard and let you go. Seeing your pace I knew you were on a different tire strategy to me. I kind of get why you defended so hard before our ke-fluffle. Make me burn the softs too soon that the advantage is gone. Reason why I got heated and threw that move at you was I gave respect on different tires but I expected the same in return if the roles reverse. Didn't happen but w.e. Probably could have finished behind me and ahead of that one Dstinct guy but that's always in hindsight. I've raced with you like a million times drowning in the back of top split to know that you're not dirty. Just want to shake hands and move on. I have a ton of list on my shadow realm VIP list and you're nowhere near making that list.......gosh maybe I do need to stop hanging out with MKM so much :D
Yea qualifying for the last two slots was brutally bad. A majority of those in the DBR9 were only holding on because the straight line advantage they had. Felt like a lot of peeps trying to outkick their coverage in the meta car that didn't know what to do against the alternatives or us vets of actual top split. Combined with the bad draft model it's just a raw deal with how the game has always been. Shoulda been like fourth in Q both times instead of just last slot, but what can you do.

I'm only dirty to those that actually deserve it lmao. Otherwise it's play hardball and stand my ground, if the goose is cooked we're gonna be talkin' about a well done bird out there. Our deal at the hitachi chicane happened to me again in last slot except the guy was in the middle of the track instead of the way inside. Same thing happened where I got sent into the astroturf but I hipchecked him when i skated across back onto the track. Our deal was fine because like there was an attempt at trying to make it stick, this other guy was just in actual contempt. He got his though after throwing a brutally bad block after getting all crossed up exiting degner 2 on the last lap on completely dead softs.

And these races literally don't mean anything so what's the point at getting mad at what happens in them right? So ye we're all good.

Slot 1: This was the round I was most looking forward to, as I always get great results in the karts. Unfortunately either I've gotten slower, or others have gotten faster, because I had my worst ever qualifying performance in the karts with 11th. Still, my lap was actually pretty good at a 53.1 (with slipstream the entire lap), and pretty much as fast as I could possibly hope for since there was no way I was realistically getting into the 52s even with slipstream. I didn't stay outside the Top 10 for long, as several early mistakes in front of me put me well into the Top 10, before my own slight mistake out of the final corner earned me a 0.5s penalty.

After that I ran several laps by myself in 7th before being caught by 8th and 9th. The 3 of us more than happy to cooperate until one of us lost it on the exit of T1 and dropped back. From there, I dropped back to 8th and pushed 7th place for the next 3 laps until the back straight on the final lap when I went for a pass.

Unfortunately, like I'd done all race, I understeered massively at the penultimate corner, which allowed him to get the inside before the final corner. I yielded, hoping I could at least get a better line for the final corner and re-pass him on the run to the finish. Unfortunately I needed maybe 100 more meters to pull off the cutback, so I had to settle for 8th, which ties for the worst finish I've ever had in karts. The 230 points was decent, but somewhat less than I was expecting, and I was tempted to go again, but I was worried I would regret it if I made a mistake. In hindsight, I definitely should've gone again, because these 230 points only improved on my previous lowest score by 9 anyway. I wasn't planning on running Alsace, but I might do that now to see if I can do better.

The GT7 Manual shows Nations Cup and Manufacturer Series will return: https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt7/manual/sportmode/01

i1LlGGjt8ydLShB.jpg

And more interesting info here: https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt7/manual/sportmode/04

In Sport mode, both the Gran Turismo World Series Nations Cup ('GT WS Nations Cup') and the Gran Turismo World Series Manufacturers Cup ('GT WS Manufacturers Cup') feature leagues. Upon entering these championship events, players will be automatically assigned to a league according to their Driver Rating (DR). Please note that once your league has been decided, it cannot be changed until the end of the season.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back