2021 FIA Series Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 9,031 comments
So, India is one of the countries that's not eligible for FIA. That also means that I cannot get an S ranking right? During the previous season I qualified for the requirements but I'm guessing that since India isn't eligible, that's the reason why I cannot get an S rank.
That's correct, yes.

I'll be repping Team Lexus again this season, although with a fresh coat of paint from last season.

7070722892027167244_0.jpg

Well. I was going to run Chevrolet this season. But I think they will be very popular unless nerfed in the coming update and I really need to get better at MR.
So signing with McLaren.
I really hope they don't nerf the Gr.3 Corvette (especially with weight). The Gr.4, while decent, isn't good enough to make up for that, especially since it was just nerfed anyway. I was also hoping it wouldn't be super popular, but I guess that's inevitable given how it's performed the last 2 weeks since the BoP update. Looks like I'll have to rely on my Nation's results alone to keep my S rank.

I really hope they don't nerf the Gr.3 Corvette (especially with weight). The Gr.4, while decent, isn't good enough to make up for that, especially since it was just nerfed anyway. I was also hoping it wouldn't be super popular, but I guess that's inevitable given how it's performed the last 2 weeks since the BoP update. Looks like I'll have to rely on my Nation's results alone to keep my S rank.
I also hope it isn't nerfed. I really hope that PD knows exactly how the cars perform against each other before applying any new BOP. If they don't they should call on @El_Beardo for assistance.
But I believe there will be many Chevrolet this season, like Dodge last one
And I like going against the current..

I also hope it isn't nerfed. I really hope that PD knows exactly how the cars perform against each other before applying any new BOP. If they don't they should call on @El_Beardo for assistance.

Hi Grandpa,

Is there such a list/excel what tells you how many names and makes competed in each daily and/or track?

For example current monza:
1.00.000 car entries for alle races of which:
120.000 chevy corvettes
60.000 GTR's
8.000 Lexus
Etc.
Etc.

It tells me what car is popular on what track and probably also which is best according to the meta group think at least :)

Cheers,

Seth

PD wouldn't like my BoP. Too much difference between handling, and power cars.

Hi Grandpa,

Is there such a list/excel what tells you how many names and makes competed in each daily and/or track?

120.000 chevy corvettes
60.000 GTR's
8.000 Lexus
Etc.
Etc.

It tells me what car is popular on what track and probably also which is best according to the meta group think at least :)

Cheers,

Seth
I don't know actually. You might be able to find part of the information on Kudos prime but when it comes to what car would be picked most I am just going by what I see in races.
Porsche is always picked by many, basically because of real world reputation. Dodge was strongest GR 3 last season so many of those. Corvette has been very strong for two weeks, tracks with long straights (Bathurst and Monza) and the new season coming up now means many enjoyed the car in the last couple of weeks so it will be picked by many.

In dailies there just seems to be one or two cars each week that make it on the top 10 and then everyone copies it. No real logic behind it either.

We did a race C gr3 on Brands GP a few months back and the RSR was the flavour of the week, but in race B a few weeks ago the R8 was the car du jure despite running on essentially the same combo (Gr3, Brands, racing mediums).

No BoP happened between those two races, but the flavour of the week changed and everyone followed suit like lemmings.

In dailies there just seems to be one or two cars each week that make it on the top 10 and then everyone copies it. No real logic behind it either.

We did a race C gr3 on Brands GP a few months back and the RSR was the flavour of the week, but in race B a few weeks ago the R8 was the car du jure despite running on essentially the same combo (Gr3, Brands, racing mediums).

No BoP happened between those two races, but the flavour of the week changed and everyone followed suit like lemmings.

This is my favourite thing about FIA races. It promotes variety. You get a mixed gid instead of 12 of one car, 5 of another and a couple of left field choices.
Even when nations does Gr4 & 3 there seems to be more variety than normal.

The race where the RSR was top was a C race with wear. The one where the R8 and the RS01 was top was a B race with no wear.

But it's funny, if the top tens is all one car you see it a lot in the races, even if the ones that put it in top ten never would race it, because it's totally different with wear

Last edited:
This is my favourite thing about FIA races. It promotes variety. You get a mixed gid instead of 12 of one car, 5 of another and a couple of left field choices.
Even when nations does Gr4 & 3 there seems to be more variety than normal.

Exactly what I like about the FIA Manufactering races. testing various brands and finally picking one you like most and then you just have to live with it. You get some tracks you know you will not do well but it just might be that a lot of the other cars in the lobby are also not suited for that particular track, thus improving your chances. Or that you actually do have the META car for a track and then see that there are 5 of the same cars in the lobby, actually limiting your chances. You just never know when starting the race....

And nothing is more satisfying then doing well in a race where you thought in advance that your manufacturer would not stand a chance. So cool to get in a race with a lot of TT's or Vipers and actually finishing in front of them....And on the other hand so frustrating to see the META cars pulling away and nothing you can do about it as your car does not have the same straight line speed...It is the charm of sport car races!

I'm looking for stable cars and good tyre wear. Thinking Hyundai could be a good option. Any other suggestion? Porsche is something I really like also. Finally Dogde is my last option.
I don't and can't be fast, just keep a decent pace without fighting to get the car inside the track :lol:

what a shame, will likely not participate in at least the first 3 races as I have evening shifts till 22.00 hours, usually home about 22.25 hrs, so just too late for the last slot.
Really hate that PD has the last slot so early! no concideration by them for the many people who work in the evening....or have other responsibilities.

okay, think i got it figured out for 04/03's last slot:
I finish my shift at 22.00 hrs, it is normally about a 21 minute drive to home.... thankfully because of the lockdown and curfew there is much less traffic so I can make up some time on the freeway (without speeding to much :D)... Because of the curfew I will have trouble finding a parkingspace as everybody stays at home and keeps their cars parked. So need some luck with that....throw the car in the first spot i see.

Now if my wife turns the PS on for me at app 22.15, and enters the event for me, then with a bit of luck I am home let's say around 22.22 hours, so will miss the warm up lap only.
So I come home, then get out of (part of) my uniform and should still be in time to do a qualifying lap!? fingers crossed....
Tried it today and was at home 22.21....

And think I will stay with Peugeot, as I am used to both cars and still like to drive them. Based my new livery on my favourite football teams colors and sponsors:

upload_2021-2-19_23-23-14.png

I had a quick blast at Interlagos this morning and tried a few less fancied Gr.3 cars (brands I haven't raced before and are lower on the scale in numbers driven) - GT Sport Statistics (r1s3.net)

Mazda Rx - Fast in a straight line but a bit oversteery at lower speeds - 157mph at line
Mazda Atenza - Slow but stable - 155mph at line
Peugeot RCZ - Nice feeling car, seems like a good choice - 156mph at line
Renault RS01 - Very quick through the corners, bit twitchy though, but a little slow in a straight line - 155mph at line
Alfa 4C - Solid MR car, little bit rear endy in the slow stuff but not bad - 156mph at line
Nissan GTR - Big, heavy, fast in a straight line, didn't like it much as felt I had to be so careful accelerating out of corners - 157mph at line
Porsche 911 - Solid car, no real strengths or weaknesses - 156mph at line

I just drove 3 laps on Mediums in time trial and tried to see what gave me the best result and tbh they were all within 0.3 of each other over the lap. Probably with more practice I might find one that is better than the rest, was time left on the track in all my laps, but it does show that gr.3 is pretty balanced (not sure about the Corvette tbh, looks a bit of a monster atm, not that I am racing much).

I'll probably end up in the VW :lol:

Funny to see noone using the TT at Fuji. The Scirocco is slightly faster than the RCZ and it's pulling the F-Type. Out of the final corner, I watched a Scirocco and F-Type go side by side. Another F-Type BEHIND the Scirocco, couldn't get around it. The Scirocco nearly beat the F-Type to the line.

I know tyre wear wasn't in effect, but Bathurst is going to be an interesting one, if anyone has chosen VW.

I just realised Nations will be on Saturdays and Manu on Wednesdays, despite having much later time slots and being the more popular championship. Why PD why??? It's hilarious how bad PD is at foresight and planning.

I have a feeling that we'll see a resurgence from Alfa and Renault. Both are handling cars but I've seen the RS01 high up the leaderboards in Bathurst last week, and Alfa Gr.4 in Fuji this week (both power tracks that they're not normally good at).

Hi Grandpa,

120.000 chevy corvettes
60.000 GTR's
8.000 Lexus
Etc.
Etc.

Cheers,

Seth

Not for dailies, but for FIA you can just go to the past archives section of Sport Mode (either in-game or on GT website) and look how many people are using each brand, and the points ranking at the end of the season.

If you want more detailed breakdown, you can either use gt-engine or rs13 site. If you wanna be a hipster, avoid Porsche at all costs :lol:
https://gt-engine.com/races/online/reports/manufacturer/2020-21/rpt-m-20-21-02-ex2.html
https://gtsport.r1s3.net/champresults

Don't be too concerned about picking the meta. If you're just starting out it's best to pick a car that you're comfortable driving. The difference between meta and non-meta is quite small in the grand scheme of things, but if you can't keep the car on the road it's pointless having that advantage.

About that Gr.4 Alfa, shame I didn't get to exploit its handling in Daily Race B. However, another Alfa in the race, that started three places ahead of me, did have good fortune. Surprised I haven't seen the SLophy in a race.

Didn't really do these much the last go around and think it might be a good time to give them a bit more effort now I am a bit more familiar with the game.

For the manufacturers races I am thinking Lexus. They are not the quickest cars in the world but they seem to go where I point them no matter the tyre wear. I will be happy enough if I get through clean, don't ruin anyone else race and any decent points are just a bonus.

Back