2021 FIA Series Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 9,031 comments
what a shame, will likely not participate in at least the first 3 races as I have evening shifts till 22.00 hours, usually home about 22.25 hrs, so just too late for the last slot.
Really hate that PD has the last slot so early! no concideration by them for the many people who work in the evening....or have other responsibilities.

That sucks for me, missing Spa, Bathurst and Tokyo since they all fall on a saturday and they taken the last slot out. For everyone with a family where the kids aren´t really small that´s impossible to attend to...
So the three first Manu and the three last nations.
Frankly, I don´t think I´ll bother....

It´s supposed to be fun gaming, and while the races are very much so, the hassle of making it work with everything else in life is increasingly difficult. Now they make it even more so....
Nah, I think that´s it for me....

Last edited:
Gr. 3 at Interlagos and Gr. 4 at Dragon Trail Gardens II are classic FIA combos. Depending on which layout of Sardegna it is I might skip that race, some of them are just penalty fests. Tokyo to close out the Manu series is going to be frustrating for anybody who needs a good result, I imagine.

Nations has high troll potential depending on the one-make and Gr. 1/3/4 races if there's a limited subset of the cars available. Also probably skipping Sardegna here too, rally cars on pavement just makes them drive like crap.

That sucks for me, missing Spa, Bathurst and Tokyo since they all fall on a saturday and they taken the last slot out. For everyone with a family where the kids aren´t really small that´s impossible to attend to...

It´s supposed to be fun gaming, and while the races are very much so, the hassle of making it work with everything else in life is increasingly difficult. Now they make it even more so....

Gran Turismo 7's release is a long, long time from now, and also the PS 5 seems not available for purchase for a while due to chipshortage. (at least in my area) So one would think that PD would make some effort to keep people interrested in their current product?
But with the decrease in timeslots, almost no new content and the horrid penalty system it looks more like PD wants people to move away.....?

If you ran an NA account the races would start later in your day, would that help fit your schedule better?

Wont the Gr.C cars be mega OP if it’s an oval anyways?
Without checking, I'm not sure. Worse brakes on the Group Cs and slipstream would give the Hybrids and others would mitigate the worst of the problems. A decent charge of the battery into turn one could get a good boost for the hybrids, but as I think about it the Gr.3 cars can go through there at what, 120mph? There probably wouldn't be any chance to really get any boost by the time they were up to speed.

If it's not the oval I hope it's the shorter infield layout.

Wont the Gr.C cars be mega OP if it’s an oval anyways?
I just ran a few time trial laps, the Sauber is an easy 2 seconds faster than the TS050 with BoP on and Hard tires, though I don't know if the enforced setup in online races is different from as delivered. Both are completely flat everywhere but T1, that might change for the Sauber with dirty air.

I tried the McLaren VGT for giggles and it's a little quicker than the Toyota but its 6th gear is too tall and I had to lift in T3. It's also fussy going in to T1, I wound up on the apron my first hot lap and in the wall my second. :dunce:

Last edited:
I'm thinking either of the British Bulldogs. F-Type for GR.4, Vantage for GR.3. Which Gr. is your favourite. I prefer GR.4. So, also based on the performance of the F-Type at Fuji Daily this week, that's who I'll sign with. Screw it.
This is exactly the decision I’m weighing up. Ran Aston last season, it was good but the Gr3 is slightly nerfed and the Group 4 Jag is a beast. Might run some testing to see which is better suited to tracks.

This is exactly the decision I’m weighing up. Ran Aston last season, it was good but the Gr3 is slightly nerfed and the Group 4 Jag is a beast. Might run some testing to see which is better suited to tracks.
Should be fun. That's four layouts for Dragon Trail, six layouts for Sardegna and one layout for Mount Panorama. Might do that myself.

You know, at these Gr.4 circuits, WRX might be the darkhorse. I've been surprised with its roadholding and corner exit acceleration. All the circuits have long straights, but the tight corners work in the WRX's favour.

The plan for this season shows me, they are focusing more and more on GT7, and GT Sport only gets as much at need recognition. It‘s so, how it is.

Who knows, maybe we Drive later the year on GT7 base..

Last edited:
Think I'm going to try Aston, tempted by Jag but the GR3 is a bit more squirrely. Pity I couldn't run both....OH wait I can. No just going to commit to Aston, but I'll test the Jag on my alt to see what Q times I set for a better decision come the real season. That can't be against the rules can it?

Think I'm going to try Aston, tempted by Jag but the GR3 is a bit more squirrely. Pity I couldn't run both....OH wait I can. No just going to commit to Aston, but I'll test the Jag on my alt to see what Q times I set for a better decision come the real season. That can't be against the rules can it?
I've not tried the Gr4 Aston but I've had some really strong results with the Gr4 Jag at numerous circuits now (Laguna Seca and Fuji being the most recent). The Gr3 Vantage is a pretty solid choice though.

I’ve been having the same debate with myself. I think I’ve decided on Aston though

So, India is one of the countries that's not eligible for FIA. That also means that I cannot get an S ranking right? During the previous season I qualified for the requirements but I'm guessing that since India isn't eligible, that's the reason why I cannot get an S rank.

Latest Posts

Back