2021 FIA Series Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 9,031 comments
It's hilarious how bad PD is at foresight and planning.
And keeping their website up-to-date and accessible.

I have a feeling that we'll see a resurgence from Alfa and Renault. Both are handling cars but I've seen the RS01 high up the leader boards in Bathurst last week, and Alfa Gr.4 in Fuji this week (both power tracks that they're not normally good at).

I noticed that too. I was quick enough to save the replay from IOF_Racing before he lost his place in the top 10 at Yamagiwa. I was very excited to see someone with the calibre of Josette (I believe) drive the R.S.01 to such great hights. It's an absolute stunning car (just look at my avatar (work in progress)) and a femme fatal at heart... trying ney... succeeding to kill you just about every other lap. But I just keep coming back for more.

In livestreams from Tigney/Ollie/Kireth etc. I try to persuade them to use it, but they never do... and I can fully understand why. But I'd love to see her handled by a better drive like Tigney.

I am so in love with this car and suck so bad at it. I'm even digging through the forum posts to see if there are helpful posts. They are out there but most just try to persuade me to pick something else
clip_image001.gif
:lol:

Not for dailies, but for FIA you can just go to the past archives section of Sport Mode (either in-game or on GT website) and look how many people are using each brand, and the points ranking at the end of the season. If you want more detailed breakdown, you can either use gt-engine or rs13 site.

Thanks for the tips. I did find all required stats on FIA races and had just stumbled on the gtsport.r1s3 website that has really excellent additional data! I really encourage anyone interested in that sort of thing to take a look. Coincidentally that data made very clear for me why there is such a big average point difference between the top 10 drivers of each make. For example the R.S.01 and Megane only had 2 (one!) A+ drivers on average per round. The C4 is even worse off with just 1 A+ driver on average per race. I really wonder what would happen if - like the last live shows - people like Lightning, Miyazono and Lamb would join forces once more and just decided that this time they would make the R.S.01 champion. I bet they could pull that off, I'm sure of it!

I was hoping some data on this would be available for dailies as well, just because I'm curious like that
clip_image002.gif

Don't be too concerned about picking the meta. If you're just starting out it's best to pick a car that you're comfortable driving. The difference between meta and non-meta is quite small in the grand scheme of things, but if you can't keep the car on the road it's pointless having that advantage.

Again: good tips. I started out I started with the Mazda in Exhibition series 2 2020 because I wanted to feel comfortable learning to be fast and getting my first experience at race craft. And i think you are right in most cases; the driver makes the car and the race work not the other way round. Some cars are just harder (yes I'm looking at you "ma belle" R.S.) to master. That's when you have to start waying in time vs reward.

Hope to see you on the race track!

Cheers,

Seth

Last edited:
And keeping their website up-to-date and accessible.

I noticed that too. I was quick enough to save the replay from IOF_Racing before he lost his place in the top 10 at Yamagiwa. I was very excited to see someone with the calibre of Josette (I believe) drive the R.S.01 to such great hights. It's an absolute stunning car (just look at my avatar (work in progress)) and a femme fatal at heart... trying ney... succeeding to kill you just about every other lap. But I just keep coming back for more.

In livestreams from Tigney/Ollie/Kireth etc. I try to persuade them to use it, but they never do... and I can fully understand why. But I'd love to see her handled by a better drive like Tigney.

I am so in love with this car and suck so bad at it. I'm even digging through the forum posts to see if there are helpful posts. They are out there but most just try to persuade me to pick something else
clip_image001.gif
:lol:

Seth

I used the Renault for a while in FIA. I agree it looks absolutely awesome but is was often such a nasty bitch to drive. At Sardegna B the car was actually fantastic, but at Red Bull Ring it was so difficult to drive it, especially in the second corner. Funny enough, driving RBR in the rain it was just fine. Tokyo, Spa, Cataluyna etc, all these tracks i could not get the RSO to behave.
at most tracks it was fine one lap and then the next lap it was all over the place, while you were doing exactly the same as the lap before!?
And when the tyrewear kicks in it is all over the place....

I now drive the Peugeots, they are much better to drive, but the Renaults are so much better looking!

upload_2021-2-20_17-44-46.png

What law? I did notice that Arizona was excluded from the US and I was wondering where Trump moved too and had them declare independency :lol:

I don't know the exact law(s) but it has something to do with competitions/prizes/etc.

Assuming the detailed schedule will be released after the update on Wednesday. Surely a fiddle with the penalty system and nothing more?

I really hope the penalty system is improved with this update. Of course, knowing PD, it'll somehow become even worse if they do update it.

Thinking about my Gr.4 favorites and the Gr.4 tracks, are making me rethink. The DTG race with M4 vs RC F, I chose the RC F naturally, but most of the players chose the M4. It has nimble handling over the RC F, but I had the top end. Fuel is better with the RC F, but that cancels out when the fuel drops. However, that was old BOP.

Current BOP has the M4 at a porky 1446kg and the RC F at 1386kg. Power advantage goes to RC F with 402BHP to 386BHP(M4). 3.154 gears help the M4's acceleration to the RC F(2.937), but again, top speed becomes a factor. Also, I compared the Mustang(399BHP/1456kg/3.310 final drive) and ran all three in the Daily Race at Fuji.
M4 gets a bit loose in the rear, Mustang has great slow corner turn in, RC F has stability. I had great finishing results with all three.

Dragon Trail, Sardegna, Bathurst. Depending on the Sardegna layout(B & C in particular), this location looks to be the equaliser. In saying that, for my personal car choices, all three tracks suit those cars well.

FIA always does my head in. Really glad it's a short season.

Some good advice on what car to use here.
I am relatively new to the game, about six months in now. I have been giving the upcoming season some thoughts, I know I am unlikely to be winning race's, for me it's all about getting round, if possible not going off the track.
I have two manufacturers, Mazda with the Atenza, or something a bit more risky going with Porsche.
I have put in a bit of practice with each and quite like them both.
Any others I should look towards?
Thanks in advance

I am relatively new to the game, about six months in now. I have been giving the upcoming season some thoughts, I know I am unlikely to be winning race's, for me it's all about getting round, if possible not going off the track.
I have two manufacturers, Mazda with the Atenza, or something a bit more risky going with Porsche.
Thanks in advance
Unless your an alien or close, drive what feels good to you. You'll do much better in something that you can consistently drive OK than something you are faster in all those times your not in the sand. Remember there are 2 cars the GR3 and GR4 so you need to make sure you like both. No one can really help you with choices because it depends how you drive. I'm going with Aston because I feel comfortable in both cars, but I can't recommend them to you because they might not suit you.

Thanks in advance

Not so very long ago I started playing and asking myself the same question. I had similar goals and watched Tidgney's Car Profiles. He also made very good Excel file to aid in your choice. The link is in the video's. In the end I settled for Mazda and never regreted it. The Gr. 3 car is quite fast and altough the Gr. 4 by contrast is much slower, you can achieve good results in both. Especially if -like me- your driving in C-D class with SR S. You will hear a lot of people complaining about the Gr. 4 but it is so stable (being 4WD) it forgives many many mistakes.

I do hope you will concider the Mazda. Perhaps for some extra encouragement I would like to point you to my Youtube channel. It has (silent) replays of all 5 races in Mazda but probably Interlagos Gr4 and Blue Moon Gr. 3 will show you best what the strenghts of these cars are.

Cheers,

Seth

Not so very long ago I started playing and asking myself the same question. I had similar goals and watched Tidgney's Car Profiles. He also made very good Excel file to aid in your choice. The link is in the video's. In the end I settled for Mazda and never regreted it. The Gr. 3 car is quite fast and altough the Gr. 4 by contrast is much slower, you can achieve good results in both. Especially if -like me- your driving in C-D class with SR S. You will hear a lot of people complaining about the Gr. 4 but it is so stable (being 4WD) it forgives many many mistakes.

I do hope you will concider the Mazda. Perhaps for some extra encouragement I would like to point you to my Youtube channel. It has (silent) replays of all 5 races in Mazda but probably Interlagos Gr4 and Blue Moon Gr. 3 will show you best what the strenghts of these cars are.

Cheers,

Seth

Used Mazda last season. Found it to be a good all rounder. Tyre management is a challenge. But otherwise a good pair of cars.

Running in low A/S lobbies, it never really felt out of place.

But I reckon, as someone else said, pick a manufacturer you're comfortable to drive and enjoy driving. Driving under the South African flag, my target is a top 10 with Mazda, but since we don't qualify for "star player" status. It is all about enjoying the car and the racing.

Hmmm seems the article about the calender of the next FIA season says it (the calender)has been removed from the website (not that I was actually able to find it).

I was wondering why it was taking them so long to publish all season details, with a start this Saturday.

Hope it does not get postponed or worse cancelled. Really want to give R.S.01 a spin outside the official tournament.

Last edited:
Hmmm seems the article about the calender of the next FIA season says it (the calender)has been removed from the website (not that I was actually able to find it).

I was wondering why it was taking them so long to publish all season details, with a start this Saturday.

Hope it does not get postponed or worse cancelled. Really want to give R.S.01 a spin outside the official tournament.
There's a new update tomorrow morning, I suspect everything will be revealed after thst

When are we able to change manufacturer for the upcoming season?
Thanks in advance.
When you see the events on the main Sport screen.

... because it's turgid and chews tyres like they're an open packet of Jaffa Cakes.
Damnit! It's lunchtime and you've only made me more hungry.

Really want to give R.S.01 a spin outside the official tournament.
Freudian slip?

Definitely nothing to do with GT7, this next update. Articles coming out now saying GT7 won't be released until 2022 due to Covid affects within the development of the project.

Hopefully there's a little more content in this update, but more likely to just be a bug fix or region merge coding as mentioned above.

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-7-launch-shift-20210223/

Last edited:
One a more serious note: the first time I heard the term "sausage" to describe an elevated curb was when Super GT used it. I felt it was inadequate to describe such a thing like that and proposed "camel toe" instead. But that was frowned upon in some circles...

I have no idea why. The camel is a perfectly innocent creature.

Oh well. Must be my lack of understanding the English language

Last edited:
Back