2021 FIA Series Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 9,031 comments
Learnt something valuable when doing this round: if you have a race plan practiced, stick to it! This was the 3rd attempt after the previous two failed miserably. I think part of it had to do with my change in Break Balance causing me to hit people, spin out due to oversteer and pick up various penalties.

For the last slot I decided to go back to the original plan of a BB -1 in the race and that was - in hindsight - the setting I should have raced with in the first race.

For the last slot I decided to go back to the original plan of a BB -1 in the race and that was - in hindsight - the setting I should have raced with in the first race.
This was what mine was set at from a race C a few weeks back when I used the Cayman then. Seemed to work well for me so kept it for the race.

This was what mine was set at from a race C a few weeks back when I used the Cayman then. Seemed to work well for me so kept it for the race.

I remember changing my mind on the BB issue after I did a race in the lobby that was faster than the previous ones and had more tyre wear to the front. Based on that I switched from BB -1 to 0 for the first two slots I joined in Nat.

The second race was an absolute disaster. I spun out one places I NEVER had issues with. Finally I put 2 and 2 together and concluded my driving style no longer alligned with the new setting.

My result in the 3rd and last race was still poor, but I think the lobby was stronger than the first race even though I'd already lost significant DR.
I never found the pace that day. Ah well

Does anybody know if you can or cannot get S-Rank in exhibition Series? Because I finished top 200 in Nations yesterday (EMEA) but nothing happened :confused:

Does anybody know if you can or cannot get S-Rank in exhibition Series? Because I finished top 200 in Nations yesterday (EMEA) but nothing happened :confused:
You can't, no. DR S is now only for players who qualify for World Series events.
The Star Player registration prerequisites for each Season are as follows:

Season 1 - 2020 World Finals competitors
Season 2 - 2021 World Series Showdown competitors

Last edited:
Racing last night was good and bad. Had a mediocre Q lap in the first slot, 2nd split lobby. Got a P4 for 245pts in that one. Not enough to improve my total. Next slot was door #20 in top split. Started 13th on an ok lap. Got mugged immediately at T1by a guy in the Top 10 leaderboard who messed up his Q lap and later excused himself for pushing everyone out of the way by saying “he had to do it” because he “had more pace than everyone ahead of him.” After that I binned it myself a couple times and quit the race. Next slot was 2nd split again. The win was only worth 252pts which couldn’t improve my score. OF COURSE this is when I nail my Q lap and hit a 1:27.9 for pole position. Defended the inside early and walked away with a win in 22:26 total time, my best of the day. Next 2 slots were also top split but weaker lobbies. Was up to P6 and gaining on P5 and P4 when I spun on the exit of the final corner of lap 9 and hit the wall. Only time I’ve ever spun there. Final slot, lobby only had 6 or 7 A+ drivers and was worth 229. Stagger was there so I wasn’t going to win. Got caught in traffic on both my Q attempts and only got a 29.5, started around 15th I think but a 28.0 would’ve started me in P2. I wasn’t super polite working my way up in that one, let’s just say there were a couple drivers who I owed one too in that lobby. Made my way up to 3rd behind Stagger and Grove. Almost caught Grove but he stopped making mistakes at the end.

Overall very happy with these results. A certain alien has 2 accounts in the top 10 so I guess technically I’m one position higher. The Yaris race and the BMB Infield Race are where I got my high scores. Both were great combos for me.

Cheers everyone! Great racing with you all as usual.

FF1920AF-1704-47BA-AAC7-4C4C4DD79C15.jpeg

What a frustrating night of racing. Driving with space and collision avoidance is not a thing...

First slot: stuck in lower split from 2 dc's in the last manu race. Qualy was poor, forget where I started. Race was bargey. Finish 4th for 170 some odd points. Need more than 200 to increase my score.

Second slot: I believe razgrizz was in this lobby. Qualy was meh. 250point race so I was eager to do well. Dc'ed after 5 laps. Joy. Back to lower splits.

Third split: Bad qualy, couldn't put a lap together. Race was aggresive and finished mid pack for small dr gains.

Forth slot: Still in lower split. Qualified 2nd. Had lovely luis in this race. Shuffled/pushed/dived/barged passed back to 16th. Forget where Ifinished. Think I got back up to 9th.

Fifth slot: Got put into what was left of top split. Think I qualified 2nd. Followed Stagger for a couple laps then small mistakes made him drive off. Slowly lost some positions from my own mistakes. Fell back to 6th by the end of the race.

This was actually a pretty nice race. No dumb moves, raced with drivers who were aware of their surroundings. One day I'll be with you guys for good races.

Last edited:
Forth slot: Still in lower split. Qualified 2nd. Had lovely luis in this race. Shuffled/pushed/dived/barged passed back to 16th. Forget where Ifinished. Think I got back up to 9th.

I was in this race on my alt. It was a thing of beauty to watch the leaders team up and take him out. Of course that just set him off and he proceeded to destroy the race for anyone who got near him. Then he starts to lash out at everyone in post race for being dirty. Good times.

Got mugged immediately at T1by a guy in the Top 10 leaderboard who messed up his Q lap and later excused himself for pushing everyone out of the way by saying “he had to do it” because he “had more pace than everyone ahead of him.”
If he's really that fast he should be able to overtake the 'slower drivers' cleanly over 15 laps. They're just a 🤬 making up that pathetic excuse.

My Nations' result.
upload_2021-4-8_17-53-30.png

Looks a lot better than I thought it would. Got 2 podiums and a few front half of the grid results. Only the Lago Maggiore race I didn't fully enjoy. There were some good combos. (Though maybe the Yaris race is masked by my good result)
Please to have sneaked into the top 500 for the UK and my Bristol placing is decent too.

Last edited:
Top 10 leaderboard who messed up his Q lap and later excused himself for pushing everyone out of the way by saying “he had to do it” because he “had more pace than everyone ahead of him.

When you hear about guys with such a bad attitude, so far from reality, so downright dumb, it makes me feel ok with punting them off when they drive that way.

I was in this race on my alt. It was a thing of beauty to watch the leaders team up and take him out. Of course that just set him off and he proceeded to destroy the race for anyone who got near him. Then he starts to lash out at everyone in post race for being dirty. Good times.

Our Argentinian/Portuguese friend?

Woke up not feeling well and it was going down hill quick. Stomach cramps and other issues related to eating some questionable food the night before. I thought I’d be better by race time, but spending that time on the bathroom floor like a hungover college kid was just awesome!

So again, like the rally round, missed out on another good result due to non racing factors. And while I dropped 20 spots in last 2 events, still took home a top 100.

9E8D804E-3911-449E-A809-2096ECD2419B.jpeg

Last edited:
Got mugged immediately at T1by a guy in the Top 10 leaderboard who messed up his Q lap and later excused himself for pushing everyone out of the way by saying “he had to do it” because he “had more pace than everyone ahead of him.”

That's the weakest possible excuse they gave. In practise races I could easily lap in the 29s on my own. In my first attempt after a bad start I was stuck behind a Turkish guy. I was bump drafting him on but we were lapping in the 30s. Anytime I went for a move he would defend the inside (as is his right) and I just couldn't find a way past, so I was just stuck losing a boat load of time.

Anyone who pushes someone out of the way and uses that as an excuse is basically admitting they're a dirty driver. There's literally no difference.

Yup, I got caught up in it in the later half of the race. Someone punted him when we were battling for like 16th. I thought we gapped him enough but nope. I got caught on the outside of T2 when he went to punt the guy in front of me. **** time.

upload_2021-4-8_17-41-23.png

Considering how I called this a meme season before it started, I'm pretty damn happy with that! I think that's my highest average in Nations (even amongst non-scoring races), and I've somehow also managed to come 62nd in the UK in back-to-back seasons as well. :P

My highlight has to be the podium at Lago Maggiore using the non-meta Subaru against the grid almost filled with Mazda RX-Vs.

Even if I hadn't been taken out at turn 1 at Laguna Seca yesterday, I imagine that would have been my weakest round regardless. My driving style definitely doesn't work with MR cars, but the Corvette just felt so slow in comparison. I also might not fear the karts when they next come up now I actually managed to tame the things this time. :lol:

upload_2021-4-8_16-44-20.png

upload_2021-4-8_16-44-46.png

Well, I finally had a season where every single one of my counted scores in BOTH was over 200 points. It helped that I only needed 2 races for each one, but still I'm happy, especially since it took until the final round to get my 2nd 200+ score for Nations. Still, I threw away another 240+ point score in the 4th round at Nation's due to a stupid, but minor error that the supposedly more lenient penalty system still decided to punish me for...
Still, even if I hadn't thrown away an additional 30 points to my final total that I could've gotten at BMB, I unfortunately wouldn't have won my local area.

Also, in spite of decent results in most of the rounds I participated in in Manufacturer's, I still somehow got beaten by 12 other Corvette drivers in the final standings (and in spite of all those people beating me, we still didn't have anyone quick enough to elevate us out of near the bottom of the standings). I knew there would be more competition with the combined regions, but I've clearly got my work cut out for me. I might have to update my points goal from 200 to 220 or so.

Last edited:
Alright, I can only race weekend Stage, which put us at some disadvantage and a lot pressure to perform in these races. now lets start with Nations cup.
Screenshot (100).png

We didn't fare too well this seasons. one top 10, we got punted out of potential podium. and a DNF, again we got punted of the race and a uplifting Kart Win at Red Bull ring Short track for our season closer. although i really wanted to race the Porsches cup at Laguna Seca by trying to catches the last time times with no luck. -_-' but well will do better next time. Alright our grade for this season is : Get Gub noob -_- lol

Screenshot (99).png

As for the Manufacturer, Well P6 at Spa in the rain was highlight this season considering we never race in the rain before, and A podium at Bathurst from 8th with a pretty awesome last laps battle. And another podium at the closing race of the seasons, its was a race of attrition and we survive, somehow. which put us at the grade: it was pretty alright!!

See you guys in 2021 FIAGTC season.

Looking at the age ratings on the various snapshots, its a continued frustration to me that they put the age rating on the very smallest region which makes it completely pointless. I'm sure most people are like me, pretty much the one of the only people in their group in that small area. It would be much more interesting if the age groups were applied to the region and country stats where they'd actually mean something. I for one would be really interested to know where I'd be ranked in EMEA and UK for example, and most of the people I race with say the same. @Famine are there any people on here who have any avenues to feed this back into the GT Sport arena?

Looking at the age ratings on the various snapshots, its a continued frustration to me that they put the age rating on the very smallest region which makes it completely pointless. I'm sure most people are like me, pretty much the one of the only people in their group in that small area. It would be much more interesting if the age groups were applied to the region and country stats where they'd actually mean something. I for one would be really interested to know where I'd be ranked in EMEA and UK for example, and most of the people I race with say the same. @Famine are there any people on here who have any avenues to feed this back into the GT Sport arena?

I agree, there needs to be more sorting options with the rankings. The GT website lets you sort by area, but this is not implemented in the game and you just see your ranking number.

With the combined regions in manu, I'd like the option to sort by country. Mainly so I can feel a bit better about myself - we are getting hammered by Japan in the rankings :lol:

I think the daily race and FIA practice leaderboards should also have a worldwide combined option. We can already see combined boards through kudosprime, it's just so silly that we have to rely on 3rd party sites for such basic features.

Hmm interesting you and your friends care more for age and country when concidering peers. I myself would like to know how well I do in my class (within a manufacturer or nation). When I'm being envious about how fast others are the first thing I look at is in what class their driving, second what car then how many DR they have and after all that's satisfied I may look at country ( or age).

Hmm interesting you and your friends care more for age and country when concidering peers. I myself would like to know how well I do in my class (within a manufacturer or nation). When I'm being envious about how fast others are the first thing I look at is in what class their driving, second what car then how many DR they have and after all that's satisfied I may look at country ( or age).
I agree and I look at these rankings first in the Manufacturers, I just think that having included an age stat it's pointless to apply it to a minute sample size, statistically meaningless

Back