2021 FIA Series Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 9,031 comments
Since PD are introducing the GR86, makes me wonder if they have Gr.3-GR.4 cars that are ready for GT7, which they can bring forward in GTS.

If GT7 was coming this year, I think we'd see a few new GR.3-Gr.4 cars in a couple brands. Not to say new brands as well, but updated cars and new to the GT franchise cars. Such as we got in Mazda and Aston Martin.

A little disappointed with this season, though it doesn't matter much being an exhibition. Could've gotten more points at the rally race if my DR was a little higher, just to get into the next split. Also could've done better at Laguna. Still, very close to my personal best of 58th in the main season last year.

Feel like it's a sign that I'm improving when I'm not satisfied with 62nd - last year I was really happy to get 58th. Hoping to get at least a top 50 in the next season - onwards and upwards!
upload_2021-4-10_18-55-0.png

Hey, welcome to the forum. It's a great place for sharing/learning/debriefing/ranting.

We were in slot 1 together last night (I got bumped ahead of you due to your final lap penalty), my psn is a longer version of my GTP username. I think maybe we have also been in a Manu race or two this season. I was willing you to beat (and hopefully beach) our academic friend as he ploughed his way through the pack.

Look forward to seeing you on track, say hello if you notice me in a lobby.

Thanks for the welcome!

Might have seen me at the Bathurst Manu race? Didn't go too well, I finished last or second-last. Been mainly focusing on the Nations lately.

Will do mate, looking forward to seeing you around

Since PD are introducing the GR86, makes me wonder if they have Gr.3-GR.4 cars that are ready for GT7, which they can bring forward in GTS.

Doubt it, to be honest. I'm sure they do have new Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars ready for GT7, but I can't see them bringing them forward. The GR86 is only being added in now because it's a Toyota - unless it's a new Gr.3 or Gr.4 Toyota or Mazda, I don't think we'll see any new cars in those categories in GTS.

Last edited:
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20210407181104.jpg
20210408185103.jpg
20210408185119.jpg
20210408191032.jpg
20210408191042.jpg

I had a good time at Laguna Seca which is out of character because I don't usually do well there. Only 3 top 5 finishes there. And it was really strange to use only 3 gears for most of the race. :D Door #2 in a mid-B lobby, qualified 4th surprising myself. A good start and 3rd at Andretti, P1 gets a penalty lap 2 and up to 2nd. P1 has a moment on lap 3 and I'm into the lead. He stuck with me for most of the race until lap 10 when he lost it coming down the hill. All I had to do was watch my markers , do my laps and try to keep the adrenaline under control. One of my best wins and the second of the season.
Looking forward to the season proper .

Last edited:
Having finally (!) climbed back to DR A this week I now have a few days to choose a manufacturer...could just play sheep and pick Jag, but my current tendency is towards Citroen as I've come to quite enjoy the VGT spaceships despite not having that much mileage on them. Looks like I'm gonna have to do quite a bit more testing - and wait with signing until race day in case BOP gets changed again.

My Manufacturers testing seems to point to Toyota..... I decided to say no to the heart and leave McLaren.

If the Gr4 Atenza were FR rather then AWD, I would pick Mazda. The Gr3 VGT is incredibly good with tires and feels awesome to drive (I hate understeerey FRs).
Therefore... the FT-1 plus GR86 seem like a very viable duo!!!

This is Gr3 with 4x fuel and 7x medium tires

Same, with Gr4...after narrowing down from Gr3...

Spreadsheet I am building to test different cars and the charts above

https://www.icloud.com/numbers/0AukaBjlRttHEpdZ13G0Cp0EQ#Manufa_Test

Last edited:
It's best to wait until PD releases the first part of the schedule before making a decision on a Manufacturer. Of course, the second half of the schedule and any midseason BOP changes can throw a wrench into everything. I'm hoping we get more information by the weekend to stream some testing.

I'm dong Nations Rounds 5, 6 & 8. Check Round 10!:eek: PD are nearly getting it. No doubt they must have been reading our requests for more limited choice cars. The Beetle shouldn't be in that race and maybe the RSR could sit it out too. The proper GT3 cars, with Nurb number plates, should all be in there. :cheers:

Going with Toyota or Lexus for Gr.4. The Manu races could be switched up a bit more. Sardegna C again. :indiff:

Last edited:
I also might not fear the karts when they next come up now I actually managed to tame the things this time. :lol:
And they're straight out of the gate with the karts in Nations, damnit. :rolleyes:

Scanning through the Nations schedule, the Mini Coopers sounds like fun. Not sure what to make of Big Willow in the Red Bull Junior on Sports tyres though. That sounds tricky.

I do like how the length of the Manufacturers races is staying around the 30 minute mark as well. And it looks like the tyre options in these race combos seem more compatible with the longer pit stops as well! 👍

Now to decide which manufacturer. I'd previously said Chevrolet, but Citroen has become a sudden temptation as well. I'm not that accustomed to MR drivetrain manufacturers, but it's got to be easier to control than Ferrari!

Last edited:
Nations seem promising to me. Shifter Karts at Maggiore Center Reverse, Gr.1 at Spa, Super Formula at Catalunya and X2014 Jr at Big Willow (Maybe the downforce can save me from that atrocity of a final corner). As someone favouring high downforce, high power cars (and the shifter kart), this season should be a happy hunting ground for me.

Then you have the more unusual combos such as Minis at Miyabi (could be carnage or procession), N300 at Tsukuba (I predict a S-FR Racing spec race) and the German Civil War at Nurburgring GP.

This should be fun.

Ooh some interesting looking races in both the Manufactures and Nations this go around. Will certainly be doing the manufacturers again as while it is frustrating a lot of the time it was still fun. I raced with Lexus last go around and they are still an option for me but I have been enjoying the Corvettes recently so they may get look in this time around.

I tend to ignore the Nation's as it seems to be what I would call novelty racing more often than not and while odd combos can be fun there isn't usually anything that looks interesting to me personally. Nations races are something I do if I happen to have the time rather than something to practise for or focus on (at least for my personal preferences.). That said the mini race will probably be fun, lots of carnage but fun with it.

Bets on which cars will be bopped this time around. Both Lexus cars were hit in the last go around so I hope I avoid that double again in this new one. Also chances of a penalty change?

Last edited:
The first rounds of Manu and Nat. are available online. I don't know what they are since you have to pick a manufacturer. But the schedule will probably be made available very soon!

Hi! Man Im so excited about this new calendar, combos in Nations are awesome!(except 1st round) Last two weeks I dont even play GTS, no motivation, now Im motivated like never before:D Decided to go with Lexus in Manu, I will be practicing Catalunya today in the evening, everybody welcome to join:) Lobby 19:30-45CET

I'm dong Nations Rounds 5, 6 & 8. Check Round 10!:eek: PD are nearly getting it. No doubt they must have been reading our requests for more limited choice cars. The Beetle shouldn't be in that race and maybe the RSR could sit it out too. The proper GT3 cars, with Nurb number plates, should all be in there. :cheers:

Going with Toyota or Lexus for Gr.4. The Manu races could be switched up a bit more. Sardegna C again. :indiff:
I think the theme of Nations Round 10 is supposed to be German Gr.3 cars in general (maybe a reference to GT3 era DTM? idk).

Last edited:
Whelp. It looks like a Nations only season once again. NZ time slots for Manu are too late for me to make them and be capable at work the next day. 11pm first slot on Wednesdays and 10pm first slot on saturdays. Nations has more realistic slots for my schedule so wild and silly combos it is again.:cheers:

At least they are more fun and varied.:D

Whelp. It looks like a Nations only season once again. NZ time slots for Manu are too late for me to make them and be capable at work the next day. 11pm first slot on Wednesdays and 10pm first slot on saturdays. Nations has more realistic slots for my schedule so wild and silly combos it is again.:cheers:

At least they are more fun and varied.:D

Sounds like NZ got screwed with the merger of Oceania and Asia regions on top of the time slot change.

I only saw 1 entry from NZ in the Man. Champ series that just finished, and as much as I enjoy mixing it with the Japanese and the Koreans, they need to fix that so it's more fair for the rest of the region.

Back