2021 Le Mans 24 Hours: Streams, Links, and DiscussionSports Cars 

• Thread starter Famine
  • 181 comments
Not sure why did they not pit voluntarily when they had the ideal chance just as the FCY was coming into effect... now they have to pit - surely they couldn't possibly have thought they'd be allowed to continue with half a car?!

Not sure why did they not pit voluntarily when they had the ideal chance just as the FCY was coming into effect... now they have to pit - surely they couldn't possibly have thought they'd be allowed to continue with half a car?!
It seems like they were thinking they would be allowed to continue and wanted to get the extra laps, so the last stop would be the final stop.

Bit sad to come in here and see how quiet this thread has been this year. I remember when this thread used to run into the dozens of pages and that wasn't so long ago.

The entry list for the front of the grid was lacking and the race itself hasn't exactly been a classic so I can understand why there's less interest.

Still it should hopefully be the the start of a new golden era with Hypercar, LMDh, GT3, Hydrogen cars etc so the future is certainly looking exciting.

Been really impressed with the Glickenhaus team this year. How many rookie privateer teams manage to enter the top class and finish strongly with two cars? Great stuff and hopefully a long term replacement for the old Rebellion team.

Last edited:
From what I gathered from the Finnish commentators on Eurosport, even if they had the chance to enter the pitlane after the involuntary bumber delete, They couldn't because the Race Director gave the heads up of incoming FCY, and they had to stay on track until the FCY was declared and could only pit after that.

Both Toyotas in the pits - Eurosport comms think they're preparing for a synchronised finish!

With just over 9 minutes to go, it seems like it as the #7 and #8 head down Mulsanne together.

Last edited:
Both Toyotas in the pits - Eurosport comms think they're preparing for a synchronised finish!

With just over 9 minutes to go, it seems like it as the #7 and #8 head down Mulsanne together.
A final three-lap photo op!

LMP2 leader has broken down on the final lap... again. :ouch:

WRT were running 1-2, but Kubica et al. will be gutted.

Last edited:
Wow. The WRT nearly hit the guy with the chequered flag... :boggled:

That's a tradition that might have just ended.

Really bad idea to have the flag there with the LMP2 battle coming to the end. Damn lucky we didn't watch the flag waver get struck and killed right then.

A near-flawless run for the #7 crew. Happy to see them lift the curse and the whole Hypercar field to finish the full duration.

Regarding that incident with the #31, I wouldn't want to have been in the flagman's shoes, either!

Double delight for AF Corse as they pick up GTE Pro and GTE Am honours for the Ferrari stable. Should bode well for their transition to Hypercar in a couple of seasons' time.

Great to see the #7 finally win this. Sucks for the leader in LMP2 to lose it on the last lap, great finish for that finish. Definitely need a podium for the flag guy to stand on.

Safe to say that the GR010 Hybrid is the first Le Mans-winning Hypercar. I was disappointed that the #8 didn't win, but hey, it's Toyota's victory, and four in a row for the brand to win Le Mans (a feat now equalling Ford). Definitely knew this was meant to be.

Also congrats to Kamui Kobayashi (he held the lap record there at Le Mans and finally won on it after years of trying).

Last edited:
The winning Toyotas both drove the equivalent of London to Istanbul and back in 24 hours... the others would probably have made it to the outskirts of London on the way back.

Pretty impressive stuff!

Didn't see any of it, but it strikes me as a fantastic result for Glickenhaus. First time out, two cars finishing, perhaps the only car competing this year built in the actual spirit of the Hypercar regs too.

It's great that the Le Mans 24 hr is such a spectacle, even when there is no real contest in the top class... it's still a fantastic achievement to finish at all, and kudos has to go to the teams who have kept the top class of racing alive even when just about everyone else has pulled out. Toyota deserve their years in the spotlight, but I must admit that I can't wait until the sharp end of the race has a good number of different manufacturers who can compete for the win again. The Hypercar era promises to be great.

I doubt I'll be able to go back to LM any time soon, but perhaps 2023 - the 100th anniversary - would be one to aim for? Not sure I could handle the camp site again, but then again, being there all weekend was one of the greatest weekends of my life, and so I might have to invest in a decent tent if I ever go back. My mate has a mobile home and I wish I could persuade him to abandon his family for the weekend and go see LM, but sadly he has an irrational hatred for motorsport, so I may have to try getting him extremely drunk and winning his camper van in a poker match. John - if somehow you are reading this, I'm joking of course!!! :lol: (Incidentally, when's our next poker night?
lookaround.gif
)

Last edited:
It's quite remarkable how the GR010 is in its debut year already as fast as the 2013 Audi R18. And to think it's still a full 9 seconds slower than the TS050... What an incredible machine the TS050 was.

Other than that, I just cannot get used to the onboard Corvette images without that thundering V8.

Really bad idea to have the flag there with the LMP2 battle coming to the end. Damn lucky we didn't watch the flag waver get struck and killed right then.
Watching the replay, jeez. Looks like the LMP2 driver was lucky he was also able to get past the Ferrari in time instead of side-swiping him to avoid the flag man.

Didn't see any of it, but it strikes me as a fantastic result for Glickenhaus. First time out, two cars finishing, perhaps the only car competing this year built in the actual spirit of the Hypercar regs too.
Wait maybe I'm not following closely enough but what's wrong with Toyota's hypercar? Seems right to me.

Back